PLEASE HELP!!! 2 days on Atkins and chest pains???

Aurora.

Hello everyone,

Ive been on Atkins for two days (induction phase) and started getting chest pains...ive been following it properly so far but felt so weak, shaky and the chest pains and i just grabbed a biscuit and a slice of nimble bread and now im scared that im going to put on lots of weight as a result. I was on Weight Watchers but thought of switching to Atkins so i thought i'd try it. I did all my research and was warned about the Atkins flu however the chest pains is what alarmed me and since having the biscuit i feel better and the chest pains have gone.
Ive decided that im going to quit now and focus on weight watchers however since ive only been on for two days, am i going to put on like 10 pounds of weight? does anyone know if the weight gain will be too much? has anyone else ever experienced this before? Please help!!:confused:

thanks

Aurora.

The chest pains will have absolutely nothing to do with two days of eating low carb, I'd suggest you pop down to the doctors.

Feeling a little weak or fluey for a couple of days is just a side effect of sugar and carb withdrawal. Nothing to worry about and passes in no time. Sometimes adding a bit more salt to your diet can help.

As for weight gain, all that will happen is that you'll gain back the couple of lbs of water weight you might have lost by now - it's very unlikely you were even in ketosis at that stage, and at any stage coming out of atkins only replenishes your stored glycogen or water weight, it doesnt make you gain fat. If you go to another healthy eating diet you'll be fine.

The chest pains will have absolutely nothing to do with two days of eating low carb, I'd suggest you pop down to the doctors.

Feeling a little weak or fluey for a couple of days is just a side effect of sugar and carb withdrawal. Nothing to worry about and passes in no time. Sometimes adding a bit more salt to your diet can help.

As for weight gain, all that will happen is that you'll gain back the couple of lbs of water weight you might have lost by now - it's very unlikely you were even in ketosis at that stage, and at any stage coming out of atkins only replenishes your stored glycogen or water weight, it doesnt make you gain fat. If you go to another healthy eating diet you'll be fine.

Thankyou!! i did weigh myself in the morning and had only lost around half a pound but i put that down to exercising, and i know it takes a few days to get into ketosis. Ive made an appointment with my doc for this afternoon so ill see what happens then. If i put on a couple of pounds its nothing i cant work off but i was quite scared of gaining lots of weight.

Nothing to worry about, weight wise. A slice of bread and a bikkie can't make you gain any more in actual fat than they would on any other diet, as I say, all that can happen is you regain that bit of water weight. Chest pains should always be checked out though - they're commonly down to a little bit of wind or something like gastric reflux (gerd) or muscle pain after exercise - but obviously they can be a symptom of something more serious. Look after yourself xx

Chest flutters can be down to a lack of potassium. Seemingly can happen on this diet at start. Have salmon, banana, spinach to help.

Back