PLEASE HELP A WW VIRGIN!

Hey everyone,

Ok so I just signed up to WW Online, I've read through it and already want to give up! LOL

I cant seem to find any of the food I eat in order to get the PP Value? Am I doing something wrong?

I also want to find some really easy ideas for dinner, I dont get home until 8pm most days, and dont want to spend the evening cooking up a miracle! Plus I am not the best cook! I prefer to wack something in the oven and cut up a salad, and maybe some rice or pasta depending on what I'm destroying in said oven.

Also, any ideas on some low point snacks that I can have at work, without reaching for the biscuits?! Maybe something I can leave in the fridge? Before now I have been eating tins of Pineapple slices in Juice, but they are a whopping 6 points!!! What a waste!

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated! I almost dunked a biscuit in my tea reading through the instructions!

Help! I dont want to be chubby forever!

Welcome to the world of weight watchers chick.
Cant really help with the online thing as i dont use it, but if you have the packets of things you eat you can get pp from the nutritional values.
Pineapple without the juice is 0 pp so you can still have it, just make sure you drain it.
There is also an app for iphones which gives you pp values and one for the computer too just cant remember the link!
Also here is a site for ww recipes.

WeightWatchers

Hth and enjoy the plan and your weightloss journey :)

I make sure my evening meals have loads of veg on them. I havent been doing the new system long and it takes some getting used to. For tea last night i had a small portion of oven chips, fish and veg. Most of the plate was filled with veg and i had fresh fruit after!!

Snacks i make sure i have Ryvita and low fat cheese spread handy! Havent figured many others out yet!

It all takes time, it isnt a rush to lose weight!

Hey chicks!

Thanks for the replies, I'm not very good at this and only just saw them!

I think the ryvita is a great idea, I can get some and soft cheese and leave them at work!!! Thanks for that!

I'm not in a massive rush, just worried that I will find this all too much and give up!!! I dont want to be a fatty forever!

x

hello WW virgin! :) Welcome to the best diet ever (at least for me!) :)

Now now... I'm sure that as soon as you'll get used to it you won't think any more that it's over whelming. How can it be, as you can eat whatever you want, there's no restrictions in the type of foods you can have, so you can keep on eating what you like as long as you count the points values and you stay within points! Try to fill your dishes with vegetables, have at least 3 or 4 portions of fruit per day and snack regularly. You have your daily allowance which you must eat daily or lose it, and then you have your 49 propoints weekly for anything that doesn't fit in your normal day allowance. WW is tailored to suit your social life's needs and to give you enough flexibility to feel you're not on a diet. I have been maintaining with WW for nearly a year now and I can proudly say that I've never felt hungry and never have I felt not in control. Never in my life had I been able to maintain a small size for such a long time, and it's amazing how easy it is! I've lost 6 stone with WW and maintaining it well, although I still have my restaurant meals, my chocolate porridge in the morning, my desserts in the evening... I just know when it's time to stop.

You will get there yourself. IT WORKS! The more it'll work the more you'll be determined to keep on going.

Good luck xx

WOW! 6 Stone! Thanks for that encouragement, it nearly made me cry! LOL It is achieveable, and its not a nightmare, I just need to get to grips with, learn the points values etc. I think what i need to make sure I do is have 0pp fruit on me, to stop me getting hungry and making silly decisions.

I used my first day yesterday, to eat normally and point what I was eating. I am undergoing some tests at the moment as my diet is normally healthy and I work out a lot,BUT after pointing everything I ate it was a massive 39 points! So I am feeling more confident in that I can loose with WW, i just need to learn it!

Thanks so much for those words, they have been a help!

Hi hun, I started ww pro points last week (I did the old plan years ago). I've been munching carrot sticks, celery, cucumber straight out of the fridge if I open it -stops me from eating anything bad. I also take a banana or apple (or other piece of 0pp fruit) out with me incase I get peckish. I eat 0pp salad quite a bit & sometimes add a pitta bread (mine are wheat free & are 4pp). I find that by eating as much 0pp stuff as possible, I can use my points for a really nice steak or a cappucino when I'm out or a wee treat like ice cream after tea (with lots of fruit of course). I have an android phone so I downloaded a WW calculator app so I can calculate points any where. I've also discovered that M&S have pro points on the 'count on us' range. Stick with it & make a list of points as you find them out to make it easier next time. I have a list on the front of my fridge of 0pp food & another with the points of foods I eat most often.
I hope my rambling has helped xo

Thats a great help, thanks, I will have to get some pitta, and some wraps, but I will check the points first!!! I dont want to get to that point where i am so hungry I eat anything I can find!

Thats been a real help thank you!

Hi - you might want to amend your goal date on your stats - it looks like you are going back in time :)

Did you look up foods on the tracker? There is practically everything on there. Just put everything that passes your lips on the tracker. Good luck!

I am 12wks into WW and still learning although it has become much easier! There is some great advice here and I can only really add the importance of tracking! Even if you think it was 'naughty!'. You may just surprise yourself, good luck xxx

I'm brand new too and currently have my books attached to my side at all times hehe! Im gonna make a list if my fave meals and work out the PP :) and used a black marker to put PP on all snacks so I kno the damage before I eat it x

Hi

Another newbie, just coming to the end of week 2.
I work where I can have all the free pastry goods I like, not to mention chocolate crisps and alcohol, so this diet is hard for me.

I take to work fresh fruit chopped up, and if I want to liven it up a little I add a meringue 1pp and WW vanilla yoghurt 1pp.

or just a banana and Tesco Light choices soup in a mug vegetable 2pp

with 0 point fruit and veg its always a good way to go, but just don't eat too much!

Back