Please Help Advise Me!

Lisa Claire

Hello all, i'm on the first day of my second week (SS 100%), although not having my first WI until Tuesday.

My friend has booked tickets to see Take That next Friday for my birthday and shes paying for us to go out for dinner before hand. I'm really looking forward to it but am really worried about eating, do you think if I try and just have something pretty healthy I will put any weight on that week, I really don't want to undo all my hard work?

Hi honey im going to see them on Sun dead excited!!! If you just have some protein like chicken or steak and a green salad you should be fine and not gain it may slow down your loss that week but you will need your energy that day for all the dancing enjoy my dear!!!!!!xxx

Ooh, tricky one. Have you told your friend about CD? If she knows then perhaps she'd be convinced that it would make you happier not to go out to eat. If she doesn't know and you want to go along with her then maybe if you just had something like a piece of grilled fish and some salad you will limit the damage. I guess then you just accept what the scales say, understand the reason and move on. However you will not only get one invitation to dinner on this journey so you'll need to come up with some strategies to avoid them if you are determined to stick with it. Sorry if this sounds harsh - it's not supposed to! I'm keep repeating to myself "if I do what I've always done, I'll get what I've always got" which in my case is eating out lots, not dieting with 100% conviction, and therefore failing dieting attempts and being fat and miserable!

Hey..
Just wanted to say well done.. your doing fab.. It depends how you feel, when I first went out for dinner which was a friends birthday I took my shakes with me.. and just stuck with those.. We are all different and go about things differently. If you feel like you cant not eat then go for something like grilled chicken and the veg your allowed on ss+ or have it with the salad you are allowed on ss+..
I go out for meals all the time now but just explain to the restaurant Im on a diet and just want plain chicken and I have it with lettuce and cucumber..
Good luck .. your doing fab x

Back