Step2 810kcal Please help - binging

I've registered under a new name just for this post as I don't want anyone to recognise me, not least my consultant who I feel I've let down :(

Basically my problem is I can't help binging after very weigh-in. I feel like its a 'treat' after sticking to CWP Step 2 all week, so I go all out. Then I spend at least the next 4 days trying to rid myself of that gain, then I'm lucky that I've lost at least something every week due to the 3 days before weigh in. My consultant is lovely but I don't feel that anyone will understand unless they do this themselves. I just can't seem to stop - I tell myself 'just don't buy anything' but I do anyway. I also feel utterly miserable if I cut down on Coke Zero so I'm drinking too much of that every day, instead of making that a treat on a saturday night or weigh in night.

Please no abuse, I need advice x

It's so hard not too! Maybe try just snacking on cooked chicken that's what I try to do. Do you have a goal in sight for example I have a wedding dress to fit into so I put a post it note on the fridge reminding me lol. Sounds silly but I am hoping it will help keep me focused. Plus writing it all down what u have each day so you can see and give it your consultant so she can support you xx

I used to do a similar thing, then I stopped the VLCDs as I thought it was driving me crazy and making me get a full blown eating disorder.
I since then went all over the place, healthy, unhealthy, up down and wound up back here again, back on the diet again.
I don't know.. I feel like this will give me a boost to move onto a healthy lifestyle. I don't want to use this type of diet to get to goal as its too long and I will go crazy again. Maybe you need a better plan?
Maybe instead of a binge (I mean Im not sure how bad it is what you do) could you plan a meal, that is reasonable?

I just know I've been there where you are asking yourself to do a very difficult thing and then getting worked up when its not 100% perfect, I've also been in the place where you let the slip ups slide until its just all over.

Sounds familiar!

First of all, big hug :bighug:

You've just got yourself into a bit of a rut, that's all. It's become a habit. I don't need to tell you that Cambridge is the most unforgiving diet ever when it comes to treating yourself on weigh day - to get away with that, you need something where carbs are involved, like WW and SW. Did you binge after weigh-in on other diets?

If you're on 810, it's not even really that I can tell you to have a mad blow out on chicken salad, as you're probably sick to the back teeth of that. In fact... I'm thinking as I type here - is that the problem? Are you completely and utterly bored of doing 810? Do you need to take food back out of the equation, I wonder? There's more than one way to do 810, if you're doing it because you need the extra calories. You can do a version of 810 which is basically SS with milk added to the shakes, or a couple of lattes if you're having bars/soups.

There are two schools of thought on Coke Zero. The one thought goes along the lines of, if it helps you stay on track, have it. The other thought is that Coke Zero is the thing that's actually making you hungry. Artificial sweeteners and/or caffeine do that to some folks.

If it helps you stay on track, put all thoughts of it being naughty to have it to the back of your mind. Thinking something's naughty leads to "I might as well be naughty about having other things" behaviour.

What are you eating after weigh-in? And don't say "everything" - something you're eating is triggering the urge to eat everything else. It's triggering "what the hell" behaviour.

Is there something you could do to break the habit? Is there a friend you could drop in after weigh in, to keep you out of harm's way for a while? Could you change the treat to something else - a magazine on the way home, or even a bottle of something other than Coke Zero (if you're bingeing, a bottle of Diet anything is better than any food you might buy). Or radical thought - you come straight on here after weigh in and post post post. Don't give yourself the opportunity to pick at stuff - it's hard to type and eat, and typing on a diet forum with a baguette in one hand feels all wrong anyway (I'm not saying it can't be done, or even that I haven't done that... ;)).

Finally - I think you might have lost track of why you're doing this at all. Why do/did you want to lose weight? Why did you choose Cambridge instead of something with more food in it? Do you still want to lose weight - have your reasons changed? Do you want to swap to another plan - if not, why not? Doing Cambridge is only quicker than other diets if you actually stick to the plan!

Don't feel a failure. Every one of us who has never seen a diet through to the end - and even those that have - knows exactly where you're coming from. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here, there wouldn't be diet plans published in magazines every week and WW and SW would be out of business. :) Just take some time out to really think about what you actually want to do. :hug99:

Thanks Jemma - no goal specifically,though I have a holiday in 9 weeks - I just to be a healthy weight & get my confidence back. I do have photo's of me slim - think I need to move them to somewhere I see more often x

Meoww - I've done Slimming World before (eating unlimited amounts of certain foods) but it didn't teach me portion control & I put all the weight back on & more :( I do like Cambs because the results are fairly quick & keep me motivated (of sorts!) but I'm destroying what good progress I could be making by binging for 8 hours after WI. It doesn't take much to fill my stomach these days, but I keep eating regardless :(

For example - last weeks binge; a crisp sandwich with mayonnaise, thin base chicken pizza (650 cals), I think a whole Soreen Chocolate Malt Loaf, half a bag of large marshmallows. I don't think I had room for the nutella that was in the cupboard. I'm sure there was probably something else, but I can't think.

It's obscene & I badly want to stop. I haven't bought anything (yet) for after this week's weigh in, but I know there are a few things in the house leftover & tbh even if there weren't I would just sit & eat whatever there was for my partner & children (toast etc)

I know this isn't the forum for this, but just wondered if I was the only one doing it & if anyone had any suggestions on how to resist :(

Thanks Lily - x-posted :)
I think I've answered some of your questions in the above. I can't go lower than step 2 as I've got medical problems (though they don't interfere with my day to day life/weight). Yes, I think I did have a 'naughty' meal after SW weigh in's but it's worse now partner works nights & I've always beena bit of a secret eater so once the kids are in bed I seem to stuff as much as I possibly can into my mouth as no-one can see me :(
I do go out after WI for a few hours & the school run - my consultant comes to me midday - but I've not eaten or drunk anything before she comes so then I'm starving & thirsty - probably has something to do with it :eek: I've taken up so many new hobbies - paper-cutting, grown up colouring in etc to keep my hands busy, but nothing interrupts my stuffing my face - even my internet addiction ;)
I still have at least 6 stone to go, so it's not as though the last stone is struggling to come off!!! I do feel regularly jealous of people who 'eat normally' & cant' wait until I get there :(

Im not going to actually do a weekly weigh in, more a monthly one. Just another idea.

Once you start entertaining thoughts of eating, before you even take the steps to buy something, its already decided and will happen.

From my attempts and success of these diets, I learned you can quickly lose but I never learned moderation, just my appetite reduced but it slowly grew back.
But I completely know what you are going through, I used to drive to Tesco literally on the way home from my consultant's house and buy doughnuts.. and its just trying to 'get away with' as much as possible. But there is no getting away with it, even if you lose weight it doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable.
You can incorporate treats into life, people that are healthy still enjoy unhealthy food -well some do, and they know when to have it and when not to, and no secret behavior or guilt.
Its something I observe in other people and aim to achieve one day!

That makes a lot of sense Meoww x

I've planned my Cambs evening meal for weigh in evening (I don't normally) & will go for a hot bath & then bed very early that night, to at least limit the damage if I can.

Monthly weigh ins would be so much better for my mindset, but then I jump on & off my personal scales daily anyway. God, so many habits to break!

yeah I was like that too, but from months of not being on a diet I became scared of the scales and now Im back on Im just going to carry on ignoring them, I know how I feel and can tell if ive lost weight without them.

Hi feeling guilty. I do this!!! Always have, the first few weeks I did ss and after wi I had a treat of low carb meal but now I'm like u full blow out but it keeps me sane. I guess it works for me x

But I wish I had the will power to not have that treat cos some weeks my treat day turns in to 3 treat days lol. I feel ur pain tho I'm supposed to be doing ss but now and again have step 2/3 days. It does kinda defeat the purpose tho x

I really feel for you. I was similar on Ww. Always had a treat after weigh in. It might sound silly "feeling guilty", but I wonder if you should just build your treat in. Spend the week deciding what your treat will be, chocolate or crisps or whatever and then just savour it.

At the moment you aren't in control and you are getting gratification when you sabotage yourself, so you need to work out why you want to stay big....

What will change if you lose weight? What do you visualise?

Hi all, well somehow I've seriously reduced my naughties after WI last week & even better this week - to the point that I've not had anything more than a single biscuit since WI at midday (other than water!). I've not gone to the supermarket especially to buy 'treat's', but having a 'slight' off plan meal tonight with hubby (a red meat instead of chicken!) but that's it. Then I'm going upstairs for a bath & to pamper myself & watch a movie.

Maybe just the act of throwing it out there & embarrassing myself has helped :) x

Back