Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Please help - black tongue !!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by e_lucy, 2 January 2010 Social URL.

1. e_lucy

e_lucy Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    Hi There

I am on the Go Lower diet but I thought I would post on here because more people look at it - a bit worried as I have been in ketosis for 4 days ... and I have just been to have my usual evening tooth brush and have noticed my tongue is BLACK ... I havent had anything to eat that is coloured ... and ooooo I am just a bit on the worried side ... and I know a lot of you ladies and gents are in ketosis too .. is this a side effect ?

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hi,

I have never heard of this ~ I wouldn't know about it at all.
    The only thing I would say is that when your tongue goes blue or black, you may need medical advice.

I hope it's nothing to worry about, and maybe someone else knows something i don't, but I would maybe call the NHS helpline for advice?

4. e_lucy

e_lucy Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    Thank you :) Just read a website that said it can be a sign of 'starvation ketosis' ... just not feeling like im being starved though ! Going to ring NHS direct in the morning if it's still there. Going to drink plenty of water x

5. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hope you are ok. And good luck with your diet. xx :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.