Please help - black tongue !!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by e_lucy, 2 January 2010 Social URL.

1. e_lucy

e_lucy Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    Hi There

I am on the Go Lower diet but I thought I would post on here because more people look at it - a bit worried as I have been in ketosis for 4 days ... and I have just been to have my usual evening tooth brush and have noticed my tongue is BLACK ... I havent had anything to eat that is coloured ... and ooooo I am just a bit on the worried side ... and I know a lot of you ladies and gents are in ketosis too .. is this a side effect ?

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hi,

I have never heard of this ~ I wouldn't know about it at all.
    The only thing I would say is that when your tongue goes blue or black, you may need medical advice.

I hope it's nothing to worry about, and maybe someone else knows something i don't, but I would maybe call the NHS helpline for advice?

4. e_lucy

e_lucy Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    Thank you :) Just read a website that said it can be a sign of 'starvation ketosis' ... just not feeling like im being starved though ! Going to ring NHS direct in the morning if it's still there. Going to drink plenty of water x

5. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hope you are ok. And good luck with your diet. xx :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.