Please help! Can I boost weight loss?

nursiedeb

I am on LL and have been at it now for 25 weeks. I have almost lost 8 stones (the LL fairy giving me 3lbs this week god willing).I have found over the last couple of months that my losses have slowed. I am not getting my stone in a month now. Sometimes I am only getting 2.2lbs a week:( . Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to keep the momentum going? I have around 2 stones to go and I am getting desperate as the only flavour I have had for 23 weeks is veg soup:eek: !! Can you help me?

Hi Deb
I can't really make any suggestions but I thought I'd post to say I know how you're feeling. You've lost HEAPS more than me .... I'm only 5 weeks behind you and have only lost 5st 3lb: my averages have been gradually dropping and yesterday I stayed the same which made matters even worse.

I'm finding it frustrating that some people are skimming along with 4/5lb weekly losses and mine are seemingly slowing down. I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to other people but it's impossible not to!

This happened the last time I lost a lot of weight on a conventional diet: I lost 6st in 2 years (s-l-o-w!!) and then the losses just stopped. For six weeks I lost nothing even though I was going to the gym 4 times a week and cycling every day. I became disheartened and threw in the towel, regaining 4st over the next 2 years.

I know it's scientifically impossible for me NOT to lose weight on CD but that horrible nagging feeling still lurks at the back of my mind that it's all going to grind to a stop again - not logical, I know - just female!! :)

Anyway, I hope it all picks up for you again soon Deb .... you've made spectacular progress so far: I'm green with envy!
Keep us posted.

Dear Deb, and Debbie,

When I lost 4 stone on CD last year, I found in the last month or so my losses slowed down as well. I did stay the same some weigh ins, others I lost only a couple or one pound. I think our bodies need to catch up, and take a bit of a break from letting all those pounds go. Don't worry, it will keep on coming off, just a bit slower. Keep going, and if you add some (more) light toning and cardio workouts to your daily routine, you may see some extra inch loss whilst you wait for the pounds to come off!

Good luck, you are both doing so well, and have had some increadible losses so far, just don't get down about it now, stay positive and focus on how well you've done!

I am on LL and have been at it now for 25 weeks. I have almost lost 8 stones (the LL fairy giving me 3lbs this week god willing).I have found over the last couple of months that my losses have slowed. I am not getting my stone in a month now. Sometimes I am only getting 2.2lbs a week:( . Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to keep the momentum going? I have around 2 stones to go and I am getting desperate as the only flavour I have had for 23 weeks is veg soup:eek: !! Can you help me?

Hi nursiedeb,

My weight slowed down like that and I let it get the better of me and broke my diet and the result was that I ended up losing the plot.

Now looking back with hindsight I can see how well I was doing and if I had to of stuck it out I would of been at goal ages ago as it is it will probably take me to Christmas as I am such a slow loser and 2.2lbs. at this stage of your wieght loss journey is very good.

What are you doing in the line of exercise?

Obviously you are finding the counselling very good with LL in order to stick it out with just one flavour in your meals that you like?

Love Mini xxx

I think that you're doing everything right because you're sticking to the diet and drinking water. You have to look at the average over the the period you've been on the diet and that should still show an average of a stone a month... the slower losses now are making up for the fast losses you must have had earlier on.. Try not to get frustrated, just hang in there! You've done excellently already. :)

Thank you all so much for your advice!

on the exercise front I am doing cardio and light weights 3-5 times a week as I have been from the beginning. This week was the worst yet only 1lb lost. My averages over the last three lots of four weeks havent been a stonea month but I do realise my loss was so dramatic at the beginning. i suppose I am just so fed up with veg soup (the only flavour I can stomach!) I would probably give an organ to try the new peanut bar or cranberry bar from Cambridge!!!!

Thank you all once again your support is invaluable to me

If you add up your total weight loss and divide it by the number of weeks you've been on, it should average out to a stone a month or nearly at least.. i think so anyway

If you add up your total weight loss and divide it by the number of weeks you've been on, it should average out to a stone a month or nearly at least.. i think so anyway

You're right honey - in the end it generally does average out as a stone per month :D

Back