Please help, can't shift last 3lb! Any tips?

kevandju5

Maintaining
Hello all,

I have been doing SW on my own and find it helps a lot looking at this site. :)

My scales are totally stuck at just 3lbs from my target :sigh: and I wondered if anyone had any tips...

I have tried switching from mainly green days to mainly red and this helped (for a while) and I have also tried to eat lots of speed foods, which has also helped a bit. Generally I allow myself a max of 10 syns.

Is there anything that the consultants advise for the last few pounds? Should I cut my syns further? Should I eat less free food snacks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

xx

Have you tried Fast Forward - its SW evil twin - designed to get those stubborn pounds off. Its alot of weighing and is restrictive. Angie said she did it and it worked but was awful!!

Have you tried Fast Forward - its SW evil twin - designed to get those stubborn pounds off. Its alot of weighing and is restrictive. Angie said she did it and it worked but was awful!!

Oh God, sounds awful! Do you know how it works? I've never heard of it!

A consultant has to plan it for you. You could try success express or mix to max. That is supposed to give you a boost.

I'm sure there are threads on it and there is a food diary of some one who does mix to max but can't recall who I'm afraid....although perhaps it's Princess Sausage, maybe :)

Thanks for the tips. Mix 2 max sounds okay. Isn't that just when you can have red brekkie, green lunch, red dinner, kind of thing? And then superfree snacks?

Take a look at HellieCopters superfree food thread - I did (what I called) a 'superfree and healthy B' week to get me to target - it is extreme, but OK, and not in the league of FF!!

Essentially I opted out of red/green days, and based all my meals around superfree foods. I ensured that every day I ate 2 A choices and 2 B choices - I have put a long list of food ideas on Hellies thread.

I lost 4 lb that week (after 10 months of what felt like 1/2 lb per week!!) and it got me to target.

Thanks for the tips. Mix 2 max sounds okay. Isn't that just when you can have red brekkie, green lunch, red dinner, kind of thing? And then superfree snacks?

That's right (I have done all the plans, and more, at one time or another :rolleyes:). It is a good weight loss plan, just another alternative to the red/green/easy plans - it can be very useful if you eat out at lunch for example...

I'm sure I remember our consultant once saying that if you're under 10 stone you should only have 5 syns. How depressing, but worth a try for a week or so.

A woman in my class does whole days of just superfree foods which helps her to get those last couple pounds off.

Take a look at HellieCopters superfree food thread - I did (what I called) a 'superfree and healthy B' week to get me to target - it is extreme, but OK, and not in the league of FF!!

Essentially I opted out of red/green days, and based all my meals around superfree foods. I ensured that every day I ate 2 A choices and 2 B choices - I have put a long list of food ideas on Hellies thread.

I lost 4 lb that week (after 10 months of what felt like 1/2 lb per week!!) and it got me to target.

Thanks so much for the tips, everyone. It really helps to get your advice, because I am doing this on my own :). I think I will try to mix in some superfree plus HE days with my normal red days and also try to drop my syns a bit lower - eek! :eek: It's worth a try!!

Thanks again xx

LoobyLou did Success Express days (I think) to get her to target.
Hi Stacey, yes i did SE and lost 4lbs, did usual plan for a couple of weeks and did SE for another week and lost 3lbs that week. I thought it was great but couldn't do it more than one wek at a go. xxx

I'm doing ff this week, it's the only thing that's gonna help me at the moment cos of where i am in my own head.

I would suggest success express, the amount of speed foods you eat really boosts your weight loss. Other than that try watching your portions and looking at your activity levels. I wouldn't say anyone under 10 stone needs under 10 syns though, I think by restricting your syns that much it'll lead to bingeing.

Good luck x

OMG - I lost 2lbs this week!! Thanks to the advice on here, folks! After reading some of your suggestions, from Friday onwards I have had 2 superfree meals (using only superfree foods and HEs) and 1 Red day meal per day. I have had plenty of superfree snacks and kept my syns down to around 6 per day (apart from Sat when I had 14). Weighed in this morning to find I had lost more this week than I have any other week. Now I am only 1 lb from target - so chuffed!!

Back