Please Help-I am new and am not losing! :(

I know exactly how you feeling coz im in the same boat, i tried sw before and lost very little weight in 4 months not even 1/2 stone and im back again and still exactly the same its so annoying i know, best of luck to you

If I eat to many grapes/strawberries I can put on weight but bananas are ok. I would also put on weight if I eat too much potatoes and pasta so I stick to mostly red days as green are not for me.

I struggled a bit with EE when I started and then I realised the trick is to put the SF food on the plate FIRST - then there is less room for the more calorific stuff. At the beginning I was serving up huge porions of pasta/rice/etc and then shoving it over to make room for the salad/veg! Doing the veg first automatically cuts down on portion sizes for all the other stuff.

Aah! I get it now. I thought how can you lose weight eating as much pasta as you like? Of course the trick is if you have to have the same weight in carrots as you have in pasta, you're not gonna really want all that pasta (or at least I wouldn't, cos I don't like carrots lol)

Aah! I get it now. I thought how can you lose weight eating as much pasta as you like? Of course the trick is if you have to have the same weight in carrots as you have in pasta, you're not gonna really want all that pasta (or at least I wouldn't, cos I don't like carrots lol)

exactly! tho you can chose things you like that are superfree as well as carrots, lol

Wow thanks everyone for all your advice....its very much appreciated. I have cut down massively on my portion sizes and only having 1 mullerlight and 1 small banana a day..i got on my scales today which i saying I havelost 3lbs. However not getting my hopes up too much as know that all scales can vary, fingers crossed though as weigh on tomorrow xxx

good luck for tomorrow!

Hi i have problems with banana's too i was eating them unhealthy quality's.
Congrats on the 3lb loss

So many people I know have problems with bananas, myself included. I am sure my consultant mentioned something about not having more than 3 a week and this was backed up by SW.

i love them but i try to stay well clear of them now!! berrys and melon all the way speedy foods for speedy weightloss :)

Hello Tess!

Hope you are happy with your first weight loss! I have joined Club 10 tonight and I am so delighted. I have only a little way to go to the 2 stone loss mark. So grateful for all advice of the minimins people and thank you to Slimming world for the support.

Have another good week

Sab x

I think you should stick at it for now. I have been doing EE for about 8 weeks now and have lost just short of 2 stone. I have a fair amount to lose but it has been really easy. I haven't done much exercise (although I keep meaning to.......!). You'll get loads of great advice here and hopefully you may be able to cut down your portion sizes a little without getting hungry or worrying that you haven't got enough food. It will take a little bit of getting used to but stick with it.

And well done for finding this site !!

Good luck.

Gail x

Weighed in tonight and have lost 2lbs which I am happy with, i think the no loss on my first week must have been the eating 4 bananas and 3-4 mullerlights a days, only having one of each a day all this week. Was hoping I would have lost a bit more but I suppose 2lbs is still a good loss, better than nothing anyway :) Then again I did eat 3 whole lemon cous cous cakes on Thursday, Fr and Sat of last week so maybe could have hindered the weightloss. I have naturally cut down my portion sizes without really noticing which is good. Thanks everyone for all your tips and advice xx

Glad your losing now :) Hubby really noticed that the quantity of food he ate dramatically reduced. Plates of food i gave him, that he would normally polish off, came back with some left and hubby full. Me on the other hand, my appetite has never gone down...lol

I have a hunger troll............ that gets VERY grumpy when not fed....lol

Well done on your 2lb. It's really worth sticking at SW, as it does work, but there's always a bit of trial and error on what works for you.

It's good to vary things as much as possible. So change your fruits around. Change your days around. See if you can manage the occasional red day, the occasional green day, as well as the EE ones. You don't have to do the same all the time.

Also, have a good look at the foods marked S and SS in the book. Eat as many of those as you can, as they really speed up weight loss. Some of us are currently on a challenge to do 50 speedfoods in a week, and that's really helping. Also make sure you drink loads of water. And the 1/3 superfree really is essential. As others have said, even when you're not doing an EE day, it ensures your foods are well in proportion, and helps with portion control.

Keep trying lots of different things, and your 3 stone target will be well within reach.

I ate loads of raspberries last week - and I lost 2.5lb's - I put it down to the raspberries as I'd slowed right down to 1.5lb's a week - more raspberries for me this week then !

well done on the loss! play about with fruit, see what works for you!

Well done Tess. 2lbs is great and is 2lbs less that you have to lose now ! Keep it up and I'm sure you will get there.

Good luck x

Back