Please help me find motivation!

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

I've been doing SW off and on since Jan (and have done it previously). I keep losing the same half a stone and putting it back on :sigh:

Every Monday I am 100% committed, but then something crops up midweek and I go off plan, and then I think sod it I've ruined this week so might as well have a huge blow out :cry:

I really really want to lose weight,and I know SW will work if I stick at it.

I have a gym membership which some weeks I use 3-4 times a week, but then other weeks I don't go at all!

I have no idea what (apart from lack of willpower) is making me lose my way every week/day.

I do SW myself as can't afford classes and the gym, plus I can't make the local class times at least one a month due to work. I'm a youth worker, so do lots of outdoor pursuits etc and need energy from food.

I do green days only cos I'm veggie.

I start off well, and make nice big salads with pasta/rice/couscous/hard boiled eggs to take to work, with some syn free lentil pie and fruit. I always pack an Alpen Light or 2 to have in an emergency when I'm peckish.

I love to cook and always cook from scratch. I do eat out once a week with friends, and if I can't have a low syn option I have a flexi syn day. I cook low syn versions of my fav foods like pizza so it's not like I go without. I batch cook so I always have SW friendly stuff in freezer.

I do find my job tiring at times (I look after 15 troubled teens daily doing education/outdoor stuff, plus drive them round in a minibus) and some days I just want to come home and do nothing which means I don't use my gym membership on these days.

Sorry I know I'm rambling but I just need to get this all down so that I can try and find out what is stopping me and give me a huge kick up the butt so that I can do this!

x

You already know the answer to this. YOU are what is stopping you. I can understand why, because we all do it, but the answer lies within you. You say yourself, you have been faffing about with the same half a stone. This is because you dont stay 100% enough to lose. Flexisyns should ONLY be used on special occasions. Once a week might be too much for you to be able to successfully lose. Why not try inviting your friends over once a fortnight and cooking them something delicious and syn free?

To be motivated and stay motivated is totally within your grasp, and you hold the control and the strings. You clearly have an active job, and will get tired, so make sure you have plenty of foods to hand to sustain your energy and stay within your syns.

It is hard to stay 100%, but instead of looking at a week ahead and getting bored half way through, take it one day, or one hour even, at a time. Give yourself credit where it is due, and keep focussed and you WILL break this cycle of half-hearted dieting.

M-L-M thanks for your kind words.

I know it's only me who can give me the push!

I am back on the SW plan today, and I did an hour workout in the gym.

Hopefully I will keep it up

x

I can totally relate to what you are saying, I to am having a bit of a problem staying on track, but am hopeful i can get myself back on the right track :eek: Good luck to you and keep us posted xx

Back