Please help me - I need a special 1 meal break!!!

Please help!! I've been on Lipotrim for 6 days and had my weigh-in today and lost an AMAZING 10.5Ib. I'm hating this diet (the shakes do tase better now but are quite franky grim!) but I'm loving the results and absolutely determined to lose the 2.5 stone I need to.

Problem is - it;s my mum's 60th next Wednesday and she's booked a meal at an INDIAN RESTAURANT of all places!!! Arrrgghhhh! I cant sit there with 18 other people and eat nothing - so I need to have something, it's her birthday! What shall I have? Will I pile on half a stone and knock myself out of ketosis? Will the headaches come back and the coldness?

Please, please help - any advice will be really appreciated!!!

You could try a dryer dish that had just meat and v little coating or sauce and eat that just with no rice or nan/poppadoms.

It shouldn't kick you out of ketosis.

Hi Slim
Difficult decision isn't it... I went out for a meal on day 10 but still managed to lose 4lbs that week, although it should of been more! I ate protein (steak), hardly any carbs (4 chips!!!) and drank loads of water and stayed in ketosis. I was straight back on the shakes the following day. I'm still cold 3 weeks into the diet but only struggled with a headache the first day.

I'm not recommending coming off LT and most will and should say 'Don't do it!', it's up to you... xxx

don't go or go and not eat but have your shake and make sure the whole family are aware of what you are doing. Because if you do eat then yes you will knock yourself off ketosis and will probably end up being a bit harder hurt emotionally as your will power would go back to ZERO!!!

Think before you do anything that you may end up regretting and speak to your Mum, that is what they are there for (no matter how big n ugly we all get) and I'm certain she will understand what you are doing it for yourself. So be selfish and stay focused on TFR Lipo'.

ps soz if i come across as a bit harsh, but ive gone through that feeling many a time and always end up phoning my Mum or my Fella. So please try and stay focused on the Finish Line and talk to the whole family but firstly your Mum

Last edited:
thanks all for the good advice!! I've talked to my mum and i'm going to wait and see literally how i feel on the day! Lost 10.5Ib this week and will have another weigh in on the Wednesday before the meal.... so if i've lost another 8 - 10Ib i may well reward myself by having dry chicken and salad with no sauces or curry. I'm adament i'm not going to drink any alchohol at all and so it's just the food I have to worry about!!

If I lose 8 - 10IB this week i'll only be 10Ib off my goal weight anyway and so this is the week i will be 'maintaining' and slowely re-feeding to lose the last few pounds slowely!

Lipotrim is fab - but special occasions like this dont come around very often and I will feel bad not joining in the celebration meal. Hopefully i'll lose again this week and I can decide on the day!

Thanks again xxxx :)

Hi Slim
You hve pretty much same amt of weight
as me to loose think I would stick to it
and just think of longterm goal I know it's
desperately hard and v unsociable but worth it
x

Ok, my advice is do not stray from the diet. Without sounding harsh, I understand how hard this diet is and all that but we all knew when we signed up for it what was entailed.
It is tough, but it's meant to be tough, you are breaking an addiction to food which has brought you be on Lipotrim.
You need to seriously weigh up the pro's and con's to having a break for the day from the diet.

The pro's might seem wonderful but all you are doing is adding extra time for yourself on the diet in the long run really. Weight loss will take longer to achieve and you'll be confusing your body with the possibility of going in an out of Ketosis.

Each one of us, myself included, has had moments where you are tested to the limit with food but the best way to get through it is to just persevere with the diet, glug back the water and keep going.

The break won't feel as good as going all the way and reaching goal, so I would stick with the diet.

This diet shouldn't be treated like a bus to hop on and off on, it's not a quick fix to anything and should be taken seriously. (Not that I'm saying you're not or that anyone isn't, but I'm just trying to get a point across, but hopefully not too harsh).

The decision is up to you ultimately but honestly, you will feel so much better the more you keep up with the shakes and the more you stick to the diet, the quicker you'll get to goal and be back to normal food and hopefully healthier eating and enjoying the new you.

I hope this hasn't offended anyone. xxx

I say stick with TFR. It is about breaking habits and forming new ones. For me, one of the best lessons was that social occasions can be enjoyed just as well without eating and drinking. It is the company of those we are with which is important.
You have just started your diet so stick with it. Take your shake along on the evening and have it in the restaurant if you want. Drink sparkling water and plenty of coffee during the evening. You will feel so fab for having stayed strong.
You can promise Mum that you and her will go for your own special night out after you have reached your goal. She will understand.

Hi Wamser, that is good advice. Not all would see in the light as to what we do!

Yes Chiku I agree but I feel I really deserve to
be the best version of me possible ! And that
means no longer punishing myself and my
body with food that is just not healthy 40 next
year and determined to be slim fit and healthy ! X

Please help!! I've been on Lipotrim for 6 days and had my weigh-in today and lost an AMAZING 10.5Ib. I'm hating this diet (the shakes do tase better now but are quite franky grim!) but I'm loving the results and absolutely determined to lose the 2.5 stone I need to.

Problem is - it;s my mum's 60th next Wednesday and she's booked a meal at an INDIAN RESTAURANT of all places!!! Arrrgghhhh! I cant sit there with 18 other people and eat nothing - so I need to have something, it's her birthday! What shall I have? Will I pile on half a stone and knock myself out of ketosis? Will the headaches come back and the coldness?

Please, please help - any advice will be really appreciated!!!

I'd suggest meeting up after they've eaten. There will always be a Birthday, Wedding, Anniversary etc and they come around pretty often aswell. The thing about this diet is it's all or nothing. I sat in the pub all last weekend watching football drinking soda water getting dog's abuse from everyone from my Mates to the barman for not getting drunk. I was away for a weekend to the caravan the week before that with BBQs all around me and my pints of Guinness calling.

You need to decide if how much you want to lose this weight and make the sacrifices. All these parties will still be coming when you reach your goal and you'll enjoy them all the more as Friends and relatives you haven't seen compliment you on your lost weight. Dipping in and out will be a recipe for disaster.

Im with Big S on this one , truth is , these occasions do come around quite often and thats why we end up ditching the diet and going around in circles. My daughter has organised a meal for her 18th in a couple of weeks and My other daughter has organised a day at the races for her 21st. They know how well Ive done so far and I intend to stick to the diet 100% and they are happy with my decision. Good luck what ever you decide huni xx

the support on here is fabulous - cant thank you all enough!! I've lost another 4Ib in the last 3 days and so thats the first stone - GONE!!! It's given me the kick up the rear I needed to stick to it and so i've arranged to go for the meal and take my soup with me! I've spoken to the owner (thankfully a friend who has been very supportive) and he's agreed to serve me my soup at the same time as their meal and so no-one will even notice I dont think!!

I'm in a pair of jeans today that i've not worn in 4 years...and had to put a BELT ON to keep 'em up!!! Brilliant!!

Thanks all again - i'll keep you posted on next Wednesday's weigh-in!

J xxx

Well Done Slim! That's fantastic to hear! :D You are doing so so well and should be proud of yourself. xx

I think you're doing the right thing Slim. Hope you have a great night and a great weigh-in this week - you deserve both!

Well done Slim great choice hope u enjoy
night anyway and hve a great weigh in next
week x

Good for you!! You will be so proud of yourself for sticking to your diet. Have a great night on the water , the coffee and your soup!

thats funny after reading the posts i was gonna say why dont you take your soup but by the time i got to the end you have already made that decision well done

the support on here is fabulous - cant thank you all enough!! I've lost another 4Ib in the last 3 days and so thats the first stone - GONE!!! It's given me the kick up the rear I needed to stick to it and so i've arranged to go for the meal and take my soup with me! I've spoken to the owner (thankfully a friend who has been very supportive) and he's agreed to serve me my soup at the same time as their meal and so no-one will even notice I dont think!!

I'm in a pair of jeans today that i've not worn in 4 years...and had to put a BELT ON to keep 'em up!!! Brilliant!!

Thanks all again - i'll keep you posted on next Wednesday's weigh-in!

J xxx

Trust me on this, when you get through this you'll feel better about yourself than even the tastiest meal would feel through a combination of being proud of yourself and lack of guilt. Hope you then get the loss you deserve.

mmmmm help!!! I've been back to my pharmacy this morning to swap 3 of the flapjcks for shakes as i honestly couldnt stomach them! She weighed me and did my BMI (2 days before my weigh in but i was curious!) and she's said I can start re-feeding if I want to and lose the last 10Ib slowely, 1 oe 2 Ib a week?!?! I've now lost 19Ib and had 29Ib to lose. what do you all think? stick at Lipotrim for another week or start re-feeidng slowely (just an evening meal for a week, then introduce lunch?)

If i'm honest it will help with work as i go back next week and it will be nice to have a meal at night. But, I dont feel that different, i'm not as small as i wanted to be, and feel I could do another 2 weeks on Lipotrim to get some real reasults?

Help - the pharmacist said i cant continue anyway once my BMI is 25? It's now 26? Any advice peeps?

J xx

Back