Please help me - its no fun being fat.

FatMomma

I just cant bare to be this fat anymore. :(

Im only 22 and i weigh 18 stone 3 pounds.

I just hate taking my little one to school as i just look truely awful.

I used to be happy size 12/14 and now i just wear bloody leggings all the time because i cant bare to wear jeans *believe me, its not a good look*

And now summer is almost here the thought of hiding in doors and not being able to take the heat is the icing on the cake.

Ive done this diet before so i know what it entails...but its just getting passed those 3 days...

Normally i give up on the first bloody day!

I would go to the main forum but i know that with all the talk of breaks id end up talking myself into doing it and then i just wont stop.

I really need a kick up the backside and have a whopping 98 pounds to lose.

Hi Thintobemomma ;-)!! Dont want to call you fatmomma......!!

Well, you posted, so I reckon you are at the point of no return! Go for it girl....it is horrible feeling so fed up and not happy with yourself self concious...problem is, only you can change it now. So, dont delay, honestly...not worth it, because the end result will probably be that you will put more weight on!

Dont look at it as 98lb...take it say 20 lb at a time, giving yourself a wee treat every time you get to that!! You will be there before you know it, but the nicest feeling is knowing you are doing something about it. You will feel so much happier with yourself knowing you are being positive, even if you arent quite where you want to be, you will be if you stick to it 100%!!!

Hope to hear how you are getting on.

Take care

hello hun... i know exactly how you feel, i need to lose abit more than you 109lbs hopefully by end of october .. im a size 24 and want to get into a 12-14 unfortunately summer will be over and done with by the time i reach my goal but it will soon be crimbo after i get to goal so i can be slim for that.

have you started LT already or are you just thinking weather or not if you should? i say go for it.. give it another go if it dont work out then at least you gave it one last shot! its bloomin hard work isnt it but think of the outcome you will have and the feeling of being able to take your little one to school feeling lovely and slim , food is not our friend.... lipotrim is :D i wish you the best of luck x

The only person stopping you is you.

I was on this for 10 weeks and lost 3 stone. My life is changed completely and it was the best decision I ever made.

The first week I lost 9lbs and even losing that made such a difference to me emotionally and physically.

Believe me I am a serial dieter. I lose two stone get compliments and then think I'm invincible. This time is different, I still want to lose 2 stone and I totally intend to. But with three stone down it doesn't feel like its all uphill anymore.

You have the power within you to do this. All it takes is that first step. It is a mental first step, be ready in mind and the rest will follow xxx

Aww hun i know exactly how you feel, i'm 25 and weigh a few pounds more than you and i hate it, hate it, hate it!!!

I've stopped and started this diet numerous times, but last weekend i felt that low (probably just as you are right now) i decided enough was enough and i had to do it ... keep telling yourself like i did myself that its now or never and you will succeed.

I am on day 7 now and i am 100% and i am feeling so great, i'm even excited about my first weigh in tomorrow.

The first few days were tough and hard .. but thats where this forum helps so much, its supportive and inspirational and its so good to know that everyone here is or has shared your feelings plus they have or are sharing the journey.

This forum has kept me going this week, kept me motivated.

So here's the kick up the backside ... take all the feelings you have right now, and turn them in to determination and start tomorrow .. a new week a new you. Tomorrow is a brand new start. Keep posting on here and we'll all help you as much as we can.

You can do it :) xx

Hi FM,

I really wish you sucess with LT an hope your able to stick with it!Had those exact feeling myself and it is bloody awful! If I'm having a moment of weakness now (and there have been many) it's good to come on here and read other peoples sucesses. It'll help motivate you and also helps you see that's it's not an impossible goal! I've really struggled with how long I'll be doing this diet for but I can honestly say that even the small changes I've seen so far have motivated me so much! Good luck and let us know how you get on.x

Thanks guys for the support :) it really does help!

Im starting tomorrow so tonight is my last day eating and drinking. Im actually really looking forward to starting tomorrow. Its the first 3 days that are the worst so ive made plans to keep myself busy.

Altho i really really want to be a nice healthy weight, my main motivation is for my little one, i hate going out as i feel so uncomfortable which means my little one misses out on trips to the park and walks which then makes me sooo soo guilty.

But anyway, thankyou all!!

Hi there,

Welcome to the diet. You can do it! Te first week is the hardest, but it gets easier after that and the sight of weight falling off week after week becomes quite addictive.

I just took it week by week.

Jane

ah, good luck for tomorrow thintobe :) your new name from me !!! Enjoy tonight and see tomorrow as a new start. I havent found it hard at all this time around; I have just breezed through cause I was so ready to do this, and if you are too, it wont be so hard...dont think it will be; just keep thinking that food will be there when you finish. At the end of the day it is JUST food - plain and simple, but the feeling of losing weight is so much nicer.

Again, good luck, and keep coming on here, I know first time around I wouldnt have made it without this forum!

Take care

I'm now at the end of day four and this is the first time I've done LT. It's been both really hard and really easy! Hard because I've had some serious cravings and it's taken all my willpower to not cave in, and easy because I really want to do this. After reading the threads on this forum its given me so much strength to carry on and I know that I WILL lose the weight. Keep going everyone and focus on summer!!!:)

Hey honey.
You have definatly come to the right place. This forum, 100% side is so supportive.

I know exactly how you feel. I started this diet last year aged 21 weighing 19st 6.5lbs. I finished weighing 11st 6lbs.

The feeling of losing weight each week is immense.

The first few days can be very hard but i think once you see your first weigh in that will be enough to spur you on for the next week untill weigh in.

Its amazing to see weight drop off each week. The feeling of your clothes getting smaller, ya just cant beat it.

You should take the bull by the horns and go for it.
This forum was my life saver whilst on LT. It kept me occupied during the day and on weekends and its inspiring to see and read everyones journeys and results.

So, good luck for tomorrow, you can do it :)

:asskick::asskick::asskick: Always happy to oblige 'Mamma ;) .... you know you can do it and we're always here for you xx

It can seem so daunting when you have a lot of weight to lose. I know when I started that I could not face the prospect of TFR for months on end in order to lose the weight. I decided to do it for a few weeks as a kick start. That few weeks quickly became SIX MONTHS and a loss of 86 lbs. Once you get started, it really does get addictive and you will find the strength to keep at it. After a few weeks, you will see and feel the difference and you will feel so good about yourself.
This forum is a great support network, so use it a lot.
lots of luck

*hugs*

I know exactly how you feel. We all do in here.

Think of the start of LT as a new beginning. Remind yourself hourly of why you're doing this. Think of how happy you'll be in a few weeks when some of that excess weight has melted away. Think of how confident you'll feel in such a short space of time.

You deserve to be healthy, fit and happy. Everyone around you will benefit. Take one day at a time, don't think too far ahead. Keep positive, busy, get plenty of sleep, sip water throughout the day, stick to plan 100% and you can't fail!

I started LT 8 months ago weighing 22 stone 7lbs, today I weigh 10 stone 7lbs. I've lost 12 stone in 8 months by sticking to plan 100%. So LT sure does work if used how it was designed.

Log on here every chance you get to read, ask advice, support or just moan! This place is invaluable!

:D thankyou for the kind words of support! Its my first day and although its only half past one ive not caved and drunk about 2Ls of water and two shakes!

So far so good!

Plus youve all lost amazing amounts of weight - such an inspiration!

Well done! Nearly half way through the day! Keep going :) You will feel so proud of yourself tomorrow morning when you waken up and realise you are on Day 2!!!!!

You've just got to keep going. Easier said than done I know, but it seems to me that when you've tried every diet going and none of them work, all you have left are desperate measures. I completely understand how you're feeling as I'm on day five and believe me, it's taken so much strength not to cave in and 'just' have a packet of crisp or some bread, but all I can think about is my first weigh in and seeing the weight start to come off. I also keep focusing on the summer and knowing that I cannot go through another one feeling like this. We can be who we want to be and feel good about ourselves. Just keep going and take it one day at a time (or even one hour at a time)
You can be superwoman!!!!! :superwoman:

Don't despair, you are not alone!

Hey there Momma, I shall call you momma, as that is the description that defines you, not your size. I truly understand how you feel. I too, am very over weight. I weigh 17 1/2 stone and have at least 5 to lose.

However, the difference between us is our ages. I am 50 later this year, you are only 22 and have your life in front of you, it's not the end of the world. You still have time to turn your life around and today is a good day to start!

You have already made a start by posting on the forum, and well done for that! You say that you have been on the diet before so you know that it does work and will work if you are determined.

I know full well that will power is the key to sucess in any diet. If they could bottle and sell that, lets face it, none of us would be over weight, and there would be no smokers, drug addicts or alcoholics! But it is possible.

You say that taking the children to school is difficult for you. Use that then to make you all the more determined. Think of a fabulous pair of jeans. Picture them in your mind and know that you could be in those jeans again in no time at all if you just persevere.

You know you can do it! But, please don't sound so down. You are not on this journey alone. I am on my 6th day now. It's the first time that I have tried it and yes, I struggled for the first 4 days but I feel good at the moment and I am taking great comfort knowing that I am in good company.

This is my first post and I hope that it helps.

I wish you all the very best
Arnty. x

Back