Please help me to get my mojo back!!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, I'm in need of some motivational assistance as feel I've lost my mojo a little!!! 2 weeks ago I was on top of the world as not only had I got my 4 stone sticker but I'd also dropped down into the 11 stone range which was a massive acheivement for me, and I really wanted to get this before going on holiday to Spain so I was over the moon! Then came the holiday to Spain! On my return from previous holidays (since starting SW) I have been able to get straight back on plan the day after coming home and undo the damage really quickly! This time I have struggled! I've been back 5 days and have done nothing to correct it, so the binge has spread to 12 days! I WI tonight and gained 5.5lb! I can take it on the chin as I only have myself to blame and it's quite acceptable after a holiday I know!! But for the first time in 11 months I am really feeling dreadful about getting back on plan, doubting myself and having that awful feeling that I'm letting things slip!!

Has anyone been in this position- having been on plan for a long time and then hitting a big stumbling block? And if so how did you get back on plan and claim back the great feelings of being in control again and being totally in 'the zone' which is where I want to be?!!X

wow 4 stone off so what if you gained 5.5lbs on holiday it could of been worse, just think its 12 weeks till xmas lose a pound a week and you will be 12lbs lighter and a hell of alot lighter than last xmas.:)

Anyway believe me thats not a bad gain i went on a 23 day cruise 2 years ago i gained a stone in 23 days and couldnt fasten the trousers i had worn when i boarded way to much food and alcohol and i felt horrendous.

Thanks guys for your responses! 86alpzzyj that's a very good tip about mixing it up a bit to make it more interesting until I'm back into the swing of it! So thank you! The fact is, I wasn't really following the plan at all over the past 12 days!! I was in holiday mode, then came home, had lots of things on over the weekend, got a taste for sweet stuff (toddlers bday party- all the cakes under the sun!!!!) and was left feeling horrible and unenthusiastic about it all!! But low and behold, in true Funcurls style, I woke up this morning after an inspiring SW class last night and lots of support from my consultant and 'classmates' who worked their magic on me and now I'm raring to go again!! I think I needed to attend class and find out exactly what I had to work with in order to kick my own butt into action!! So looking forward to a 100% week and blasting those pounds as if they're bubble wrap!! Pop pop pop!!! Thanks for your support and Natasha I'd imagine a stone is easy to gain on a cruise with all that yummy stuff and as much as you want of it!! And thanks for the positive vibes about the 12 weeks til Christmas!! (Although you have got me slightly panicking lol!)XXXXXXXXX

Try doing a "back to basics" week, food diary, and re-weighing everything for every meal etc. Try a couple of days success express, and for more things just LOOK how far youve come x

aaw honey it is hard isint it.ive been doing this now for just over 12 months and have lost just over 2.5 stone,but now ,like you im finding it really hard.over the weekend,which is where i struggle most,i had every takeaway you can imagine and because i know the weekend was awfull i seem to be carrying on.well,yesterday for example followed paln 100% then really wanted treacle pudding and custard.everyone else was having it and enjoying it and it felt unfair to just sit there and go without.i know it might sound like a silly excuse but the evenings are getting so dark and all i want is lovely proper comforting food. i reaaly enjoyed the pud but i feel guilty.
ive just been to morrisons to and bought a pack of creamy buns so me and my mum can have in a mo for a afternoon treat.

somtimes i think i need to have a few days off plan,but then i do get annoyed when i have to lose weight that ive allready lost once.
but this is a journey and theres no race like someone else said wel be slimmer this christmas than we were last christmas.
dont get upset,youve done so well so far,just think of it as a little blimp,you will get there my lovely xx

Go Go Go Heather!! You can do it hun!

Glad you are feeling more positive after your class last night! Take it one day at a time at 100% and you will be back to your normal SW extrodinaire self in no time!

As you have said before SW is a life plan so you are allowed hiccups along the way. It's how you move on after the hiccups that count! And if I know you, those pounds will be gone in no time!

xx

Aww thanks guys! I will indeed go back to basics this week delleh! I must admit, when I'm on it, I am a little obsessed and do weigh everything and do it properly- maybe I take it a little too seriously which is exactly why I'm so hard on myself when I have a blip!! Gonnabesmall, I know you're in a similar position having started around the same time as me! I know what you mean about wanting the comfort foods! I think maybe it's a case of finding all the comfort foods that are SW friendly! Like stews and soups, low fat sausages with mash, rice pudding made with skimmed milk for pudding, things like that! Amy hun, thanks for the support! We can both do this!! A big surge for both of us in the 12 weeks leading up til Christmas!! I'm aiming for a 10 lb loss, but if I can shift the 5.5lb put on in the last fortnight in the next 2 weeks, I'm going to try and go for a stone in total!! Which would leave me with about 7lb to lose! That would be AMAZING but I'm not piling the pressure on myself!!X

hi,was just wondering how your getting on this week. mines terrible,after a bad weekend i seem to have carried on.but i think im gonna enjoy this week off and start again on sun.its hard this week got so many meals out and unfortunatley i cant be good when im out lol.hope you ok x

Hiya chick, well since waking up yesterday morning I've had a new found determination! I've stuck to plan and am taking it meal by meal! I've been planning ahead and writing my food diary here on Minimins which definitely helps me! I'm on annual leave at the moment so in one way it's good because I've got time to prepare good food but on the other hand it can be a bad thing because I'm a terrible picker, opening and closing the fridge and cupboard doors if I'm knocking around the house! At least being in work keeps me busy and in a routine! Sorry to hear you're still not totally back on it! It is very hard when you've got loads on! Perhaps it's a matter of limiting the damage- enjoying but not pigging out too much, then as you say draw a line under it and get straight back on it when things have calmed down a bit! Do you write your meals down?X

Hey funcurls, glad you seem like you got your mojo back!! :)
I think we all have moments where it feels like it's ''gone wrong'' but all you can do is draw a line under it & start again, add ''so what'' to the front of those worries. Oh, and remember - stress can make you hold onto that weight! Hope you've had a good WI week :)

Hey funcurls, glad you seem like you got your mojo back!! :)
I think we all have moments where it feels like it's ''gone wrong'' but all you can do is draw a line under it & start again, add ''so what'' to the front of those worries. Oh, and remember - stress can make you hold onto that weight! Hope you've had a good WI week :)

Thanks hun!! Yes, very good advice, we're all human after all!! And I'm sure that stress does weigh! When I'm taking it really seriously and expecting a loss because I've been good I often don't lose and when I'm feeling a little more relaxed I have a good loss!! It's so strange how it works but all I care about is that I'm losing!! Hope you're having a good week too! When is your WI day?X

Aww thanks Michelle!! I suppose we all hit a brick wall sometimes, and it took quite a bit of strength to hack this one down lol!! How are you chick? How are you finding life at target?X

I'm fine, life at target is better, I keep gaining & losing the same 2lbs which I'm happy with, I think in the 'real' world we gain & lose weight without giving it a second thought.

It is nice knowing if I go out for a curry for example & gain I'll still be within target & I also know that the following week it will have come off.

I also find holidays hard, it's not the drinking & eating which does me its things like hexb's & getting the right ones.

I think it's ok to gain a few lb on holidays! Most people do! It's all about what you do when you come back! I can't wait to get to target!! Before Spain I was only 14.5 lb away! I hope I get there fairly soon!!X

Well done for getting back on track. I've only been back on SW for 6 weeks and havent really been tested yet. When I've been before I only seem to go up until holidays and then dont return, so know exactly how you feel.
My aim this time is to stick to it until target and then carry on attending to keep my weight under control (well thats the goal anyway!!)

no,i dont write things down.i used to be sooooo strict,perhaps i should write things down to keep on track.i have totally binged this week wish i do feel ashamed to say.had a rough time of it b4 the childrens summer holidays and i put on 7lb so in this last month or so its been coming off very slowly,have now lost 5lb of that,but after this week im expecting a huge gain again.no one to blame but myself.ive been like the cookie monster this week and just eating for eating sake.I will be back on track on sun doing it 100% and just hope that il lose most of it in a few weeks.I am determined to lose at least 10lb b4 christmas which i think is acheivable at about 1lb a week . sorry to moan x.but glad to hear you ok and are back on plan...good luck honey x

no,i dont write things down.i used to be sooooo strict,perhaps i should write things down to keep on track.i have totally binged this week wish i do feel ashamed to say.had a rough time of it b4 the childrens summer holidays and i put on 7lb so in this last month or so its been coming off very slowly,have now lost 5lb of that,but after this week im expecting a huge gain again.no one to blame but myself.ive been like the cookie monster this week and just eating for eating sake.I will be back on track on sun doing it 100% and just hope that il lose most of it in a few weeks.I am determined to lose at least 10lb b4 christmas which i think is acheivable at about 1lb a week . sorry to moan x.but glad to hear you ok and are back on plan...good luck honey x

Noo it's not moaning at all! I think it's really frustrating when you've been on the plan for ages and feel yourself getting slack with the rules! It's a common thing and happens to loads of us! The way I look at it is that I started out setting a target and when I feel myself getting disillusioned by it I ask myself why I started in the first place and how I expect to get to target if I'm messing around with it! We know it works if we follow the rules so let's just go for it!! Good luck, I'm sure you can lose 1lb per week by Christmas! Just think how chuffed you'll be with yourself and how much better you'll feel and look!!X

Well done for getting back on track. I've only been back on SW for 6 weeks and havent really been tested yet. When I've been before I only seem to go up until holidays and then dont return, so know exactly how you feel.
My aim this time is to stick to it until target and then carry on attending to keep my weight under control (well thats the goal anyway!!)

Yes I think patience and perseverence is the key! It's not going to happen overnight- it took time for the weight to creep up on us, so it's going to take time to remove it again! There's simply no point at all in going on holiday and then giving up because we're 'off it'!! It's not black and white, on or off, it's about allowing ourselves time off, but being on it the majority of the time- the good moments will outweigh the bad ones if there are more good than bad!! (If that makes sense lol!!!) We're not failures if we're not perfect all the time! So I think I've finally learned the knack of having a holiday/break and getting back on the horse again afterwards no matter how big the gain!! This week has been the biggest gain for me so far (5.5lb, the most I've ever gained is 2lb) so it was a knock, but I've also learned that holiday weight (ie weight that's gone on quickly through binge eating/drinking!!) can be lost very quickly so that's quite reassuring!! Good luck and I hope you enjoy it and stick with it!XXXX

Back