Please Help.....not losing weight

Hi Everyone,

Im really hoping someone can give me some advice....
Im just back from my first weigh in this evening, and despite doing everything by the book this week I have only lost half a pound!!!
I am absolutely gutted, couldnt even stay for the meeting because I couldnt stop crying. I know this probably sounds really pathetic but my weight is really something that is getting me down and effecting my life.
So last week I decided to do something and joined my local meeting. I found the week easy and used about 27 out of my 30 points each day (I couldnt manage anymore). I didnt go near the extra 49 points.

Does anyone know if this is normal, to lose so little in the first week? Its just that you always hear about the first week being the biggest loss so Im terrified that maybe my weight isnt going to shift .....

Id be grateful for any advice as Im so disheartened now (tucking into a bottle of wine as we speak.....gonna point it though I promise ;) )

Thanks, Farrah

Hi Farrah. I know how disheartened you feel this has led me to give up many times. I rejoined ww 5 wks ago and 1 wk in particular i only lost half a pound when i had put my heart and soul into it and had done loads of walking. I said it to my leader and she told me to look at a 4 wk picture instead of weekly cos totm can inpact everyone differently . True enough i lost 4 lb the following wk. Please dont give up it is very hard i know but just keep sticking to your points this wk and use as many of your 29 as you can. The very best of luck for next wk x x

you haven't eaten enough and you're body has gone into starvation mode.
you need to be having all you're daily points everyday.

to kick start it again go for a nice meal and to stop it happening again eat more points on one day of the week.

Thanks for the replies guys, good to know Im not alone :)

Im gona pick myself up tomorrow and try one more week. Ya Ill do my best to eat all the points aswell incase it is that, and hopefully I will see better results next week.
Is there such a thing as eating too much fruit also? I would have 3 to 4 pieces a day, and am wondering if maybe I should be pointing some of that?

Farrah xx

yes, very normal my dear. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for your body to catch up. There could be many reasons why you didn't lose, you could have had a salty meal the night before, or it might be your ovulation day or TOTM start? Just not gone to *ahem* there today? heavier clothes? heavier shoes? there can be a million and one reasons, keep it up you'll see it WILL work!

AND... what's wrong with half a lb anyway? You were half a lb HEAVIER one week ago weren't you? So you HAVE lost weight! Half a lb a week will make you lose 23 lbs in a year. It's not small stuff! How much do you need to lose? xx

i only lost half a pound my first week,,then a lb my second and 1.5lb on my 3rd week but i kept going with it.takes a bit of getting used to your points and finding out how many weeklies suit you and so on!

Yes hon, listen to yummymummy... she lost half a pound the first week and she's below her goal weight now! That could be you someday too... something to aspire to. Keep at it. If you're on 30 a day then please try and eat 30 a day... it sounds silly but sometimes eating a bit more actually helps the weight loss. OR you could have one day like a saturday where you have a yummy big meal and a bottle of wine so you use some weeklies :) Good luck for your next weigh in! x

Thanks Girls for the advice :)

So Im on my second day of week two and Im using up all my daily points and one or two of the weeklies. If I can lose weight doing it this way then even better.

Ive decided that if I dont lose this week though, Im going back to the old points system cos that worked great for me before.

I know half a pound is better then nothing but I have soooo much to lose I had convinced myself Id lose a good bit on the first week (as I normally do ;)), but ya hopefully it was just my body adjusting to the diet.........lol it was probably in shock poor thing :p

Right Im off for walkies...........:D
Farrah x

Back