Please help (re sw chips)

fry light is free no matter ow much u use:)

Other thing to remember about SW chips, is that according to my consultant Fry Light is only free up to 10 sprays...

I usually just syn 1 tsp of oil and my chips/wedges turn out lovely.

fry light is free no matter ow much u use:)

I have also heard both of these theories! - perhaps there needs to be clarification?

Either way, I wouldn't want more than a few sprays of frylight to be honest.

A HEXB extra virgin olive oil would replace it;)

I have also heard both of these theories! - perhaps there needs to be clarification?

Either way, I wouldn't want more than a few sprays of frylight to be honest.

A HEXB extra virgin olive oil would replace it;)

I tend to think that Fry Light is so gross and fake tasting anyway that I almost always use some oil and just count it or have it as a healthy extra. A HEXB of 1 tbsp can be divided into 3 x 1 tsp which is usually the max number of things I cook with oil in a day anyway.

:):):)The thing I find with frylight although I use it a lot, is that it sticks to everything you spray and if youre not careful your oven is covered with sticky gloop! The roasties and chips are lovely though, I dont even par boil mine, just stick them straight onto the hot sprayed tray with more frylight.

I tend to think that Fry Light is so gross and fake tasting anyway that I almost always use some oil and just count it or have it as a healthy extra. A HEXB of 1 tbsp can be divided into 3 x 1 tsp which is usually the max number of things I cook with oil in a day anyway.

:):):)The thing I find with frylight although I use it a lot, is that it sticks to everything you spray and if youre not careful your oven is covered with sticky gloop! The roasties and chips are lovely though, I dont even par boil mine, just stick them straight onto the hot sprayed tray with more frylight.

Agreed with both of the above to a certain extent. It is free however, and as such not a bad thing. Using the bare minimum seems an idea for those reasons alone!;)

I use maris piper put in microwave for 5 mins and use buttery frylite Delish !! Just read a thread on here that they use red rooster spuds and there Delish so will give them a go :)( tried par boiling them yuk !! )

Kankles said:
I par boil my chips in chicken stock, then place them on a baking tray, add a few sq

Sorry clicked wrong thing lmao

Add to baking tray, few sqirts of fry light. Add salt to season, then bake till golden.

I find the chicken stock adds flavour and moisture! Yum

I never liked frylight when back in the UK. It does have a most odd taste.

But here they do a similar type spray called PAM, which is fab stuff. They do several different types - original, grilling, butter, olive oil and baking.

If you can source some online then I recommend it. :)

The butter one is fab for spraying on steamed veggies and mashed potatoes.

BritMumInCanada said:
I never liked frylight when back in the UK. It does have a most odd taste.

But here they do a similar type spray called PAM, which is fab stuff. They do several different types - original, grilling, butter, olive oil and baking.

If you can source some online then I recommend it. :)

The butter one is fab for spraying on steamed veggies and mashed potatoes.

Frylight do a buttery one love it :)

Anne2705 said:
Yes it is :)

Wow great, I've been fancying good old fashioned minced beef & onion (SW friendly of course) with mash, but I could face mash without a bit of butter or butter alternative so I'll be sure to give this a go!

Back