please help really not impressed!!

ljwari

Soon to be slim ;)
hi all,

Really really on a downer today :cry: im into the cruise phase now i finished attack on Friday, i have gone from weighing in every day to weighing in every Saturday now im on the next phase but i thought i would have a sneaky weigh-in this morning to my horror i have put on 6lb of the 7.4lb i lost on attack i really really hope this will go away by the time i weigh-in again on Saturday im really hoping this is just a blip :cry:

I have followed it by the letter and drank the water and had the oatbran :cry:

please please tell me this is normal or if you have experienced this

sorry for the moan xx

I found your diary!! The usual things people will tell you is... water retention.. how much green veg have you eaten as well, I just had REALLYY (TMI!) bad constipation recently where I was heavy and I think Anj mentioned about eating greens rather than just tomatoes and mushroom..

TOTM.. are you due on? this can bloat you & you'll retain water...

I'm trying to remember what people told me lol! Hope someone else chimes in, they're better with advice & menu scrutinizing!! :)

no i haven't huni i have eaten the same as last week apart from the extra oatbran and on my pv days i have had a handful of cauliflower and a handful of mangetout the only thing i have increased is the amount of coffee i have been drinking but im still drinking the same about of water as last week

sorry hope that helps i did start doing a diary on the diary thread but i have been soooo busy this week i haven't had time to fill it in and update it but i think going forward i might make an extra effort to fill it in so i can get some guidance xx

oh yeah i have been do a pp day then a pv day do you think thats ok because i was going to do mon-thurs pp the fri-sun pv.

It might help you to change? I think anyone else might pick up on the extra oatbran?

Your menus or diary would be a big help to everyone, they'll be able to spot anything that might be causing this! They usually do! :)

How about exercise btw?

yeah i think i might switch too i only started exercising yesterday and im doing 30min on my exercise bike the reason i have left it so lat to introduce it is because i have had a chest infection

Ah well it's better to rest than exhaust yourself :) if you need the extra oatbran, maybe try increasing exercise a little?

Just realised too, did yo do all PV over the weekend? because similarily to the 5PP/5PV I think you gain on the PV week..then lose on the PP or something like that can happen? but this might need to be checked by someone lol, but I'm sure I read this?

i not need the extra 1/2 a spoon i can go back to what i was on last week

i was thinking of changing to 4 pp days then 3pv days but so far i have been doing pp then pv and its since i have introduced the pv day i have put the weight on lol

If by extra oats you mean moving from 1.5 to 2 I'd say it's a blip and stick on 2! X

Yeah, I'm up 6lb today but think that's cause I've weighed later and after 3 meals!

Don't weigh for a few days! Until after a pp and a few days of cruise so you settle down a bit! X

Don't give up - people say they have gained when they move to cruise - probably just a glitch - fingers crossed for a good week for you and a big drop on the scales - maybe worth trying a run of pp days to see how your body reacts after say 4-5 PP's?? You could just be one of those people who retains water on a PV day?? haven't seen your menus to comment further but stick with it you made such a great start and you can do this.

It would be unusual to regain so much so quickly, so I'm guessing you must be around a certain time of the month ;). (Are your scales reliable? Are you weighing at the same time of day under the same conditions? No "transit" issues?)

I would advise you post your menus for a little while nonetheless. Whether you alternate PP and PV days, or go for another rhythm oughtn't make such a difference. Watch your salt intake. Drink plenty of water.

Hang in there...

Hi there,

I'm 2 and a half weeks into my diet, but I also haven't lost much on cruise - some days I go up a good few pounds, some days I stay the same or go down but basically I haven't lost anything in a week and a half now.

I had my time of the month so I think that is probably one reason....another is constipation (!), as was mentioned above. That can disguise all sorts of fat loss!

I noticed you said you upped the coffees on cruise from what you had on attack. Are these black coffees? Just that I noticed that when I was having a treat latte every day (even with skimmed milk) it was making me put on or not lose - too many carbs in the milk, so just be something to be aware of if you are sensitive to the carbs in dairy too....

In general though it sounds like it could just be that after you have PV days you retain more water....which is totally normal. It will often go up and then drop suddenly. Also I've read that many people take a week or two to get into cruise and then it takes off! That's what I'm hoping for me too!!

I find it helpful to work out my rolling weight over a week, so even if I go up and down I generally see that when I average it out over a few days, the overall trend is still going down (even if only a little bit :) )

Hope this helps - hang on in there!!!

xxx

I love your user name Flicka (I just watched the film "My friend Flicka" again while OH was away this week ;))

Mange-tout are too carby, surely?

Hope things are back to normal (and never weigh in after a PV day!)

Back