Please help, thinking of starting slim and save!

firstladyee

Hello

Please forgive me if I haven't posted this in the right place. I'm new to all this! I am thinking of starting slim and save, but I am a little unsure with how it all works. I have done a VLCD before (lipotrim), where I only had 3 shakes per day, so I knew one was for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner. But with S&S, I would have 5 items, as I am ashamed to say I am over 17 stone. But i'm not used to eating a meal when on a VLCD and I don't know where I would fit it the 5 items. Please could someone explain it to me? I'm so sorry if this sounds stupid, I just want to make sure I understand how it all works!

Thanks in advance for your help.

First off welcome to our little section of the forum. S&S have just released a new booklet which should hopefully be able to answer some of your questions. Personally I'm over 17st and I do 4 a day. Last time I did S&S (they've changed the recommendation) I did 3 a day and was over 17st. In all honesty I'd say if you will struggle to have 5 a day have 4 or the 3 with meal. Personally I can't have food in the house at the moment as I know it will set me off so with my 4 I have one for breakfast, one of lunch, one mid-late afternoon and then one in the evening as I find it spaces them out nicely. Some people will just have 2 in one go and stick to regular meal times. I think the meal is only really on 3 items or on 4 items if you're doing 5 (if that makes sense).

One thing a lot of people who have come from other VLCDs have commented about is the variety S&S offers as there is a much larger variety of shakes, bars, soups and meals available so it doesn't fell quite so much like a diet.

Hope that helps.

The best I can suggest - if you're used to having three meals per day - double up a porridge for breakfast, have lunch (either soup or shake / or bar?) and then double up a dinner (or single 'dinner' pack and a bar later - only 1 bar per day though!)

I do 4 a day at the moment and do three meals in this way, so it works out just fine. That way I'm continuing the routine I had before the diet and something that will remain unchanged after the diet's gone. :)

So, stick to the routine you're used to! Makes it much easier :D

How about totally mixing it up and forgetting about meal times - you're not having meals after all. Space out your packs over the course of a day at regular intervals, say for example 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm or something like. If you struggle with 5 packs just have 4, the 5 pack is a new recommendation for additional calories for those with a higher basal metabolic rate ( used to be just the chaps, but being over 17 stone also increases the amount your body needs to function too). Or, have 4 intervals but have a shake with a bar to get the 5 in.

Welcome on board - there are no daft questions here, just questions, and there are usually lots of folk around to answer them for you :)

welcome to the board, I just started on Monday myself and think S&S seem to offer the best choice of VLCD products personally, I'm over 17 stone but instead of doing the 5 packs am doing the 4 packs plus 100g of Quorn (I'm a veggie) and S&S said that was absolutely fine, I just needed to get my teeth into something in the evening. I tend to have three shakes, one bar and then the Quorn each day, I have a shake for b'fast, a shake for lunch, a shake mid afternoon and then have the Quorn for my tea and the bar afterwards like a dessert which is always welcome! We are all different and our daily routines will be different so its about finding what works for you and trying to stick with that. What I like about S&S is that we can have 150ml of skimmed milk a day which I do enjoy. Good luck for when you start, Em

So i've just ordered my 1st batch of s&s and it should be arriving tomorrow! I'm a bit nervous, but just looking forward to getting stuck in now. I've been finding excuses in putting it off, but its now time to take the plunge! I didn't realise i've already got a profile on here, so will be corresponding and tracking my weightloss (fingers crossed) under my old profile name called blessedgirl. xx

Back