Please Help

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
I just CAN'T get back on track. I had a good loss last week but since then I haven't been able to 'do it'.

I haven't managed a single day even close to being on plan and I'm getting stuck in that vicious circle of eating because I'm depressed, and being depressed because I'm eating.

Awww hun :hug99:

Hope you feel well soon hun i really do, cos you doing so well.

But i was feeling like that this morning and i thought no i know its taking me a while to lose weight but its coming off, and if like you i was cheating i probably would lose more. Get today over with and try and start afresh tomoz

Chin up hun xxxxx

Take a step back and think to yourself "right, I'm going to do this one meal at a time". Take it from there!

If you try to eat just one meal on plan, then the next meal, then the next, it'll quickly fall back into you being on plan 100%.

What do you like to spend your Syns on? You could try having a time of the day that is "Synful", like a couple of biscuits with a cup of tea or coffee while you watch some TV.

Stop it now woman! You CAN do it. You just have to want to. Do you want to put on everything you've already lost? No. Didn't think so.

Go and make a big pot of superfree soup, or something yummy from BritMum's blog. Write off today if it's already been blown.

Plan tomorrow's food today, write it down and stick to it. Plan your syns too, and make sure you stick to them. If you're hungry, have a glass of water, then something superfree.

You'll feel so much better about everything once you get your head back in the right place.

Talking to over. Go do it xx:D

Yeah what harrys mom said ;)

Sometimes i find that havin a container filled with cubed and sliced fruit in the fridge is a BIG help when u feel down and want to eat you can eat the whole box of fruit without havin to worry about it....:)

GL

hi i had months like this before finally realising it is all down to me!! What i put in is what i put on. It helped me and at last i have knuckled down and really got on with it. You need to think about why its important to you. Good Luck you can do it, you just need to think about every mouthful for awhile.

come on honey - chin up! you have always been encouraging when ive had 'low' points on plan, and now i hope to return the favour.

you have done so well already - its just a blip phase.

as someone has already said, start planning one meal at a time, do you need to do a shop? if so, plan what you need for your next weeks meals, and then go shopping :D once you have lovely free foods in the cupboards, it will all be easy again!

if you need any more support just PM me - i think you are fab and would hate to think of you feeling upset over the plan.

love and hugs, EB x

I'm a big believer in one meal at a time. Have one on plan meal and you're a success, then concentrate on the next meal. Make the meals big and really tasty - the aim is to get control, nothing else yet, just get control, one meal at a time.
When you get one full day back on track, that's great and then concentrate on the next meal. We aren't judging you, so don't be afraid to come on here and vent your frustrations, the more people who answer, the more chance that just one thing you read will help, or something will click.
Most of all Sue, don't give up, because while you're fighting there's a chance that you'll win.

I'm a big believer in one meal at a time. Have one on plan meal and you're a success, then concentrate on the next meal. Make the meals big and really tasty - the aim is to get control, nothing else yet, just get control, one meal at a time.
When you get one full day back on track, that's great and then concentrate on the next meal. We aren't judging you, so don't be afraid to come on here and vent your frustrations, the more people who answer, the more chance that just one thing you read will help, or something will click.
Most of all Sue, don't give up, because while you're fighting there's a chance that you'll win.

if i pay you will you be my personal motivator - that really got me going, instead of a biscuit i am not gonna have huge bowl of free veg soup! :grouphugg:

great advice!!!

I so agree with EB - I also think you're great, thoroughly enjoy all your posts, and hate to think of you feeling defeated.

Some good ideas above, which I'm sure will help. Can't offer you any help or advice myself, except to say nip it in the bud NOW, STRAIGHT AWAY.

If you DON'T manage to do this - and I know it's really hard - you'll end up like me and lose the plot totally, and feel a complete failure.

You CAN do this Sue, you're strong - just think of all you've been through. I do so hope that your next post is to reassure us all that you're feeling better, and are back on track.

Very Best Wishes, Roz.

Sue, I am sorry that you are feeling do down and I know how horrible it is to feel low. However, I am going to enforce a bit of "tough love" here, and it's only because I think you are fantastic, and I really do love you to bits.
Have a good talk with yourself.
If you are genuinely feeling depressed, please see your doctor who will help.
If you are just feeling down and getting into the eating cycle because you are feeling down, and using food as an excuse, have a good think...
Food does not help... really, it does not!
Think of how good you will feel when you reach your goal. NO amount of food is worth the loss of feeling of being slim. Truly!
So.. if you have a genuine problem, see your doctor, otherwise give yourself a lecture and buck up!!
Many hugs and lots of positive thoughts to you... and just a thought for you..
No-one can make you slim, but you, and if food is more important than feeling good about yourself, you will lose the battle.....
I KNOW, that you won't..so chin up, get grip and go for it!!
((Hugs)) and love to you..xxx

Hey Hun...I can understand why you are feeling really low as you have taken a few knocks over the last year.
As Sonia said, if this really is the start of you suffering depression, you really need to speak to someone...I've been there and its not a great place to be. However, if this is just a self destruction phase, you will come out of it..the main thing is that you are on here. Take one day at a time, rather than looking too far ahead.
Take care Hun.

Huge hugs coming your way.

xxx

don't do what I did, I was doing really well, then lost the plot for a day or two and that turned into 2 whole years !!! Have only just got my head back together and started to lose the weight again.. so cross at myself for not getting straight back on plan... like the others have said........ don't make excuses, take responsibility and plan one meal at a time........ lots of small steps make a journey... trust yourself !!

Thank you all very much for the encouragement xxx

It think it's not helping that I'm in 'limbo' over the last job interview I had - Friday before last. They said they hoped to let everyone know one way or the other by the middle of last week - but I've not heard a thing. My feeling is that they've appointed someone and are waiting for their references to come through but until then they are not telling others they haven't got the job in case this person's references are c**p BUT it's the not having it confirmed that is so difficult.

In addition we have the ongoing problems from my OH's ex (aka b**ch from hell or BFH!) and I KNOW she is ALWAYS going to be a pain. Even when the kids get older I just KNOW my OH will be put on the spot to pay for big weddings etc (which we won't be able to afford) and then she will badmouth him to his kids (already happens on just about everything!).

My son has a school trip to France in April which I've paid for out of the maintenance his dad (finally) pays but if BFH finds out that will be twisted to my and my OH paying for it and not spending the money on his kids. (My OH pays maintenance but she spends that on takeaways and cigarettes. She won £1k on the lottery a couple of months back and that all went on cigarettes).

Plus my OHs best friend may well be getting married this year. I get on great with him and his g/f BUT the g/f is BFH's step-sister so all their family will be there. I REALLY won't want to go but if I don't then my OH will have to take the girls and BFH down there (would be churlish to not offer with a space in the car) and it will be like a 'family' day out.

Likewise if we get married, my OHs other best friend knows BFHs brother from school PLUS his missus is very good friends with BFH as their kids go to the same schools so that will also be odd!

I KNOW in the scheme of things, these are all really not that important but I've all of them at once playing on my mind. I think it's because I'm not working at the moment (OK, I have the computer work but it's not getting me out the house) and have too much time on my hands!

Dear Sue,

You say at the end of your last post that "these are all not really that important" but to me it sounds like a nightmare. No wonder you're struggling to get back on plan - everything must be just going round and round in your head.

A bit of advice which has helped me in the past, is to put your hat and coat on and go for a walk - if that is a possibility - just getting out of the house for a bit can help to break the negative stream of thoughts.

I'm so sorry that you haven't heard yet about the job. Don't these people realise the distress it causes just leaving people hanging in the air...

You have all my sympathy for your predicament. You sound such a lovely, capable person, who would be such an asset to an employer - that letter you suggested for Eternity was brilliant, absolutely perfect.

No help to you at all, but I'm so grateful to you for starting this thread. There ARE some very wise words on here, that should help lots of us. I sincerely hope that you do feel better soon, and are able to get back on track - remember, just ONE meal at a time!

Last edited:
Back