Please Help

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by honeybee0672, 27 February 2011 Social URL.

1. honeybee0672

honeybee0672 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Total Solutions
    its now day 5 and I am really struggling. I am in ketosis but still really hungry, feel really down and have no energy is this normal? feel like giving up...

I thought that once you were in ketosis you were supposed to have energy, have a feeling of well being and not feel hungry, so am a bit confused??!!

Am I doing something wrong? :sigh:

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm on day 5 too - don't give up... imagine how good you are going to feel on your WI day when you have lost!

I've read some posts on here that say that sometimes when its time of the month it can be a bit harder - some people have said they feel hungry even though they are still in ketosis.

Keep yourself distracted - have a bath, read a book - stay on here and let it out. But don't give up x

4. Sammeh

Sammeh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you've done really well to get to day 5 - imagine, this time in 48 hours it will have been a whole week and just look to the WI's people get on this diet for inspiration to keep going! Chin up, grab a drink and a book or put a film on and before you know it it will be bedtime and another day will be complete!

5. honeybee0672

honeybee0672 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Total Solutions
    thanks for you help, just hope this gets a little easier. Do either of you find the soups really horrible?

6. *jenjen*

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm starting to get used to the soups - I didn't particularly like them to start with but then again, I'm not the greatest of soups fan but I'm starting to get used to them.

The worst for me was the chocolate shake - I hated the smell. Today I used hot water and found it much better. First I put a peppermint teabag and then the hot water - went down a lot better.

I've read others on here only use shakes - if you are struggling maybe this is an option for you?

7. honeybee0672

honeybee0672 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Total Solutions
    I just find them such a struggle and end up having to hold my breath and swallow it down really quickly just so that I dont have to taste it! that a great idea will just go with the shakes and forget the soups.

I have also been looking on here and to stop hunger pains and have a bit of a change from water and tea it says you can drink bouillon and coke zero. Do you think this will effect weight loss and take me out of ketosis?

8. Smallerme

Smallerme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have gone to shakes/bars as I wasn't getting on with the soups. Day 5 is nearly over, you're doing this and tomorrow is a new day, each day it gets a little easier. I'm also on day 5 and it's a bit of a killer.

9. *jenjen*

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I've been drinking boullion and coke zero - from what I've found out on here you can have 2 teaspoons of bouillon. With coke zero people have reported that sometimes it can make them feel a bit hungry, other people report feeling totally fine with it. Either which way it doesn't knock you out of ketosis because it has malic acid in it. I don't feel any hungrier with - in fact I feel it keeps me on track because its like my daily treat for sticking to the plan.

I've made sure that the mainstay of my fluid source is water. And I've added things like a glass of coke zero and a cup of boullion in per day as a treat.

You can also drink Asda Diet coke and Dr Pepper Zero as they both have malic acid in it.

10. Essi

Essi Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.83%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi honey bee
    I was the same as you I actually ended up going to bed at 7.30 for a few nights cos I was sooooooo hungry
    However for me it took 9/10 days I don't want to put you of or make you feel worse but the pain was so worth it as I lost 20llb in 4 wks so for me it was no pain no gain! You don't get those losses on many/any other diets I have done
    Esther x

11. honeybee0672

honeybee0672 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Total Solutions
    thanks for your support and help its much appreciated will keep going with it and just go with the shakes, but will have boullion and coke zero as my treats for doing well through the day.

Its so nice to have some people to talk to who are going through the same thing and to have some support. xx :D

12. Essi

Essi Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.83%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hey I decided on my 2nd order to have banana shakes only and it's great!
    Keep it up x esther

13. *jenjen*

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Yay! I'm glad you are going to stick with it. This site is invaluable for help and information and support.

x

14. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I didn't like my tomato soup today and am worried I am not gonna like the packs very much! You are on day 5 which is brill ad I bet it does get easier!! Keep it up xxx

15. babs11

babs11 Full Member

keep going ur doing great, ive nearly done 4 weeks (its flown by) still feel hungry/empty sometimes just have a cup of tea and glass of water. do drink 1 or 2 cups of marigold and some low cal squash, only ones containing malic acid and soda water.

16. martbarr

martbarr Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm on day 25 and it does get better as you persist. I use the hungry feelings to really examine the hunger - head, stomach, tongue - to see what's going on. Usually a pint of still water gets rid and if not I repeat and add a couple of fibre capsules (psyllium from H&B in my case).
    I also am trying hard to unlink the lovely smells of some food from actual requirement to eat it. Not easy this one but getting somewhere - went to Derby shopping with my missus on Saturday and lingered round the food hall upstairs in the westfield for ages and enjoyed the smells.
    By the time I got back to the car the "hunger" had gone.

17. honeybee0672

honeybee0672 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Total Solutions
    everybody is doing so well, I just hope I can keep it up and stay motivated... WOW esther just banana shakes, wont you get bored? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.