Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

please help

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by beccaharrison89, 13 November 2011 Social URL.

1. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Bought a slow cooker today.and never used one before. I not the best at cooking so can anyone give me a simple recipe to fo as my first meal in slow cooker

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fairy83

fairy83 Member

I was the same! Now I just chuck whatever in the thing and theres dinner! It's fab for slimming world as you can throw every thing together! Love quorn bolongase !

4. beccaharrison89

Diet:
    slimming world
    Can u give me some ideas please?

5. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just put in a chicken, put the lid on and cook it on low for 6-8 hours. Could it be more simple than that?

If you look in the winter warmer section there are loads of slow cooker recipes to have a go at

6. Giggles2080

Giggles2080 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(10.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Hey becca! Here is one that I'm going to try tomorrow (sounds yummy!) This is a recipe that another member (maypole) post a while ago but I saw it last week.

Chicken and barley stew
    Ingredients

500g skinless chicken thighs, cubed 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes 1 onion, sliced 3 cloves garlic, crushed 100g pearl barley 2 tsp cumin 125ml chicken or vegetable stock 400g tin chopped tomatoes
    Preparation method

1. Brown chicken, garlic and onion in a frying pan, then add to slow cooker pot
    2. Add all other ingredients, stir, put on lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
    3. Serve with rice, or, add extra barley and just have it as is - so yummy! Be sure to fiddle with the amount of cumin you add to

This is yum & sin free. You might need to add more stock. It freezes well.

Seems simple enough, I can't wait to try it! Hope you like this idea!

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Theres a sticky thread in the Winter Warmer recipe section with literally hundreds of Slow Cooker recipes

8. beccaharrison89

Diet:
    slimming world
    Oooo thats sounds lovely thanks britmum

9. Giggles2080

Giggles2080 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(10.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    I made the Chicken and Barley Stew for dinner tonight and it was so so so good!! It makes a lot so we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!! You will definitely need more stock because the barley totally soaks it all up in no time and I only cooked it for 5 (ish) hours on low!! I hope you get to make it as it's very simple and delicious!! :eat:

10. CarolineJ

CarolineJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made the chicken and barley stew too the other day but forgot it was a slow cooker recipe until I read it half an hour before teatime! So I upped the stock to 300ml and did it in the pressure cooker instead, and it was still delicious, will be trying in the slow cooker in a couple of weeks :)

11. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Pete’s Slow Pot Curry
    (Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 2
    0.5 Syn on Ee

Ingredients

1lb Stewing Steak, cubed
    1 tin Tomatoes
    1 Knorr Beef Stockpot
    2 Bay leaves
    1 Tsp Chilli Powder
    2 Crushed Garlic
    2 Tsp Coriander Powder
    2 Tsp Cumin Powder
    1 Tsp Turmeric
    1 Onion
    Salt & pepper
    1 Tsp Tomato Puree

Method

In a frying pan brown the stewing steak and cook out any remaining fat then put it into the slow-pot, add the other ingredients, put the lid on and set the slow-pot to high and allow it to come to the boil, then turn it to low, give it a stir and replace the lid and leave for at least 3 Hrs.

Serve with Rice & Salad.

[​IMG]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.