Please help!

Kiika

Someone please help. I need some encouragement!! I am absolutely ravenous at the moment. I have been drinking water like there is no tomorrow but I really feel like I need something to eat :(

I have a bar in my bag, but if I eat it now I know I'll be starving this evening as I eat at 5ish and by 8 I need something like a shake or a bar.

I am soooo hungry!! I thought I was in ketosis yesterday, but obviously not! :( I havent eaten anything off plan. I hardly ever drink tea or coffee and if I do it's black coffee usually. I drink over 3ltr of water a day. Why am I so starving!?

I've had a shake and some new porridge today.... Could it be the new porridge?? Hmmm.

Help!! Please, someone stop me eating!!! :(

Could just be a hungry day. I get them occasionally.

Push through it. It's not long til 5 now

You at home or at work? If at home check out the games section and enter a wee tournament to keep busy and distracted.

I'm in work unfortunately :( got hour and a quarter left. It's really hard work when ur hungry!!

Im going to try an push thru. I've not given in yet an I'm on day 7 today. I really hope this gets easier!! and I hope my husband has something i dont like for tea so I don't want to eat it!!!!

Boooohooohoo! I want to go home and eat EVERYTHING!!!

No! No giving in!

Weigh in tomorrow - you'll never know what could have been if you do cave.

Hang in there! It will pass. It's not forever.

Eat the bar and then eat tea a little later maybe 7? Stick with it! It's just one of those days. You prob aren't actually hungry, maybe just want to eat? Are you bored? Is it just a time of day when you would normally have a snack and just need to break through it?
Keep going hun, just think of the results x

It's so hard :(

I think it's a mixture of hunger, headache and boredom. I'm trying to distract myself, but I'm having major brain fog this afternoon so I can't concentrate on anything long enough to distract me.

I've had paracetamol and more water and a black coffee and my stomach is still grumbling and I have that hunger feeling like thirst but obviously not thirst as I am sipping water pretty much constantly. Im genuinely hungry and it's horrible :(

Also, no weigh in for me until the end of the month so I really don't want to mess it up and ruin all this effort. If I've not lost at least 10lbs (but im actually hoping for more) by 31st march, then I'm going on Atkins so I can actually eat!!! Lol

Can you go for a wee or go and talk to a colleague? Sometimes something as small as that can be enough to distract you until the moment pass xx

I want to cry! Thanks for the suggestions. I have wandered around quite a bit this afternoon trying to get distracted. I've been hungry since about 2. Any idea how long these hungry phases last??

Might be worth only having half a shake for breakfast and saving the other half for around this time to help u though

Yeah I may give that a try tomorrow. I was fine yesterday, not hungry at all. The only thing new was the porridge I had for lunch.

My tummy is screaming at me! I can feel it is completely empty! If the bar I had in my bag was the one I wanted to eat tonight I would have half now. But I would rather have the nice chocolate one later. But the way I feel now I may have no choice but to eat it. I feel like im going to faint.

I know how your feeling!

I am sooo hungry today too and have had to stop myself several times from eating!

Just keep thinking to yourself how your going to look and feel once you reach goal!!

That's exactly what I keep thinking about! :) I will be skinny I WILL!!!

I'm going to try an skulk off early from work an have my dinner as soon as I get home. What a hard diet day! :(

Thank you all for your support and ideas!!! :)

Sweetie_Jo said:
Maybe try a can of coke zero. Fizzy drinks always fill me up!

Drinking a glass now! :)

What are you doing hun? 3 or 4 packs? Are you having the allowed veg allowance? And the protein if doing the 3 packs? I know what you mean about the hunger! I did 6 days straight then caved in and ate :cry: Got back on plan yesterday. ketosis never kicks in for me on this vlcd like it used to when I was doing Atkins :( Keep going luvvie x
Jackie xx

sorry you're stuggling so much today - when I did atkins I would get that ravenous n sick feeling if I accidentally ate something with a bit of sugar in. Maybe one day when you have another pack you can eat fairly soon experiment with the new porridge and see if it happens again. I hope you feel ok after your dinner and well done for resisting - give yourself a big pat on the back for that

BTW was the ne porridge nice?

im having a day like this , I did give i though and had a couple of frankfurters , only 3g carb but 190 calories
even when im in ketosis i sometimes have really hungry days
some days I have 5 packs if i really cant cope , and then might have 3 the days im not feeling hungry to balance it out
you have to be a bit flexible and listen to your body to a certain extent , im not trying to encourage you to go off plan at all , im just trying to let you know that we all feel like this sometimes and how I deal with it
i really hope it passes for you , sounds like you are doing all you can , water , distraction , fizzy drink

good luck

if you are really struggling just dont hit the carbs, what ever you do! Treat yourself to some protein yummies if you must break your diet then at least you can get right back into it. But obviously better if you didn't sway at all.

good luck xxxx

phoenix2010 said:
im having a day like this , I did give i though and had a couple of frankfurters , only 3g carb but 190 calories
even when im in ketosis i sometimes have really hungry days
some days I have 5 packs if i really cant cope , and then might have 3 the days im not feeling hungry to balance it out
you have to be a bit flexible and listen to your body to a certain extent , im not trying to encourage you to go off plan at all , im just trying to let you know that we all feel like this sometimes and how I deal with it
i really hope it passes for you , sounds like you are doing all you can , water , distraction , fizzy drink

good luck

I agree. If your really struggling its better to have an extra pack or a bit more protein rather than go off plan which will make you feel awful and might lead to a binge.

Hope the urge passes for you soon xx

squindles said:
What are you doing hun? 3 or 4 packs? Are you having the allowed veg allowance? And the protein if doing the 3 packs? I know what you mean about the hunger! I did 6 days straight then caved in and ate :cry: Got back on plan yesterday. ketosis never kicks in for me on this vlcd like it used to when I was doing Atkins :( Keep going luvvie x
Jackie xx

I'm on 4 packs a day. I wait until I get to work to have first, then wait as long as poss to have lunch then usually need to eat dinner as soon as I get home then have a bar or shake at around 8 or 9. I also have veg either chopped spinach in soup at lunch and broccoli with dinner.

I don't think ketosis works for me with hunger suppression, either that or I don't go into ketosis at all....is that possible??

Back