Please help......

Microfruitcake

Hello

I am really struggling to find a diet that 1) works!! And 2) that I can stick to!! My problem is that I don't eat any veg or salad and the majority of diets have veg/salad as the main foods that you can eat. I really want to lose weight and have tried forcing myself to eat salads and vegetables in the hope I'd learn to like them but I just end up quitting the diet because I really don't like them!! Is there anyone out there who has the same issue? Anyone with any advice at all? I'd be really grateful for anything you can offer!

Thank you :)

I totally feel for you. I have always been in the same situation myself.

Fruit I am fairly okay with but I really dislike most veggies. You are right that it can cause you to just give up when you have wall to wall veg and fruit. I haven't found any solutions to it apart from just learn to live with it. I can never learn to love it though.

I found a handful of ways to eat certain veggies and basically that was all I did, over and over and over.

Have you tried every veg? I hate most green veg, can't stomache cucumber, brocaly, celary etc but i lovelovelove bell peppers, onion, tomato (as long as i take the gooy middle out) and carrots. Veg can taste different. I hate canned sweetcorn but i love the frozen stuff. While i like carrots i hate baby carrots.

What about making some veg/lentil soup? x

Up until I had my own allotment 5 years ago, the only veg I would eat was a bit of lettuce, spuds and bell peppers. I lost weight (4 st) on old style weight watchers (discover) pretty easily by making the right choices. Obviously if you do eat veg and salads (I eat everything now) you can fill yourself up more on free foods leaving more points for treats, but it is doable without. Could you try ProPoints, the new system, or even buy the old programme material from eBay? (though you wouldn't have the support of going to a class - you have got minimins though)

You could try a vlcd. I'm on slim and save and lost 2 stone since may. You just replace food with packs and u can add veg if u like. I always found I hated all veg but with the packs the allowed veg is very nice.

Braham said:
You can you eat what you want and lose weight, by Drinking 1 Cups of Tea (Without Sugar) after you eat.

"Researchers at the University of Maryland Medical Center suggest drinking two to three cups of green tea a day to see health benefits and/or weight loss results."

Umm, no you can't!!!!

? Why don't you just calorie count? Then it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it stays within you're limits, you'll lose weight that way.

Although, the downside to not liking F&V is that you might not be able to eat as much food as others (as you'd be substituting other food in).

However, it does depend on why you want to lose weight? If you're looking for a healthy lifestyle it might be worth introducing yourself to the variety of veg on offer :) Apparently if you eat something everyday for 30 days you'll get used to the taste, so a small amount of veg everyday could work miracles!

Good luck with your journey.

I only like lettuce mushrooms cucumber and sweetcorn so i can have salad but not often as its boring! And iv lost so its possible .

Do you like pickles and pickled beetroot?

I must admit mushrooms r my savour have them in alot of dishes.

Like others have said calorie count its perfect, the foods you may eat may be higher fat and possible slow down weight loss but it will still come of!

Have you thought of blitzing veggies up & adding to foods, for example, blitzing carrots & onions with tinned toms & adding to spag bol, or shepherds pie, or making a soup from veggies, it really just takes a bit of imagination.

Is it the taste you don't like or the texture, have you experimented with different ways of cooking for example try roasting veggies instead of cooking them, or have you tried raw veg?

As for what weight loss program is best for you really depends on you, have you looked at the food diaries on here? there are so many & you could take a look & see which you feel would work for you.

Not all 'diets' have to be just fruit & veg & nothing else, but for a healthy lifestyle you do need to get your vitamins in somehow.

try Special K cerial with semi skimmed milk with a chopped banana and added raisins it's so yummy :) I have a lot of low fat yoghurt natural honey and fresh fruit you can't get better

Jigglyjim said:
Sorry Tracy it quoted the wrong part lol

Lol, no probs. I reported that guy to the mods and they agreed he was a spammer, so he's now gone. He was posting on numerous threads, giving sometimes dangerous advice. :) xx

Soup, juices and smoothies I find are a great way to get in fruit and veg. I personally can't stand fruit!

Back