PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craigah45

Hi all, i am a 46 year old male and currently weigh around 35 stone, because of my weight and a hip problem i am housebound and becoming more and more depressed every day, i am absolutely desperate to lose weight, since the beginning of january i have only lost around 1 stone and things are going way too slow, i am currently trying to eat around 1200 to 1400 calories per day, i dont drink any alcohol or eat sweet snacks, most days my meals are branflakes for breakfast, a wiltshire farm foods meal for lunch as they are convenient and around 400 calories and a main meal in the evening, i occasionally have a few peanuts at night, am i eating too many or too little calories ? as i said earlier i am really desperate to lose some weight a bit faster, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi, glad you came on here, well done on the 1 stone weigh loss. Have so many thoughts and ideas that might help.
Firstly if you have definitely decided on calorie counting, then I would keep a diary to make sure everything is counted accurately. 1200 - 1400 calories a day for a male starting at 35 stone seems a little low and perhaps you are not eating enough. I am not an expert, but I would suggest having a look at some of the threads on here for calorie counting. or take advice on that to make sure your are on the right lane, I believe a lot of females on here have set the same daily calories so yours should be more than that. There is an app MyFitnessPal that calculates them all for you and has great tips and advice.

There are lots of other Weight loss plans that might just suit you better with the added online support, it is very difficult doing it on your own and can be quite isolating. I am on SW and that suits me, and it works if you embrace and follow it. You do not have to go to a class you can do it all online and weigh in at home and there is a lot of online support, meal suggestions etc, that may not suit you either, but have a look at the different plans on here one of those may just suit you better. I would certainly go to a calorie counting thread and seek more advice on there.

You have started the ball rolling so that is a positive, I am hoping others will be able to give you much more advice and I hope you continue on your quest and wish you well. :):):):):)

Hi, glad you came on here, well done on the 1 stone weigh loss. Have so many thoughts and ideas that might help.
Firstly if you have definitely decided on calorie counting, then I would keep a diary to make sure everything is counted accurately. 1200 - 1400 calories a day for a male starting at 35 stone seems a little low and perhaps you are not eating enough. I am not an expert, but I would suggest having a look at some of the threads on here for calorie counting. or take advice on that to make sure your are on the right lane, I believe a lot of females on here have set the same daily calories so yours should be more than that. There is an app MyFitnessPal that calculates them all for you and has great tips and advice.

There are lots of other Weight loss plans that might just suit you better with the added online support, it is very difficult doing it on your own and can be quite isolating. I am on SW and that suits me, and it works if you embrace and follow it. You do not have to go to a class you can do it all online and weigh in at home and there is a lot of online support, meal suggestions etc, that may not suit you either, but have a look at the different plans on here one of those may just suit you better. I would certainly go to a calorie counting thread and seek more advice on there.

You have started the ball rolling so that is a positive, I am hoping others will be able to give you much more advice and I hope you continue on your quest and wish you well. :):):):):)
thanks for the advice i will have a look around.

You will get there! It takes patience, I know but persevere. I don't calorie count because it seems too difficult for me. Have you considered Slimming World? You can do it online.
Sorry I don't have much advise but didn't want to read and run. Keep going!! IT took me over a year (well one year and 3 months) to get to where I am. Patience is key..

Good luck on your journey!

I've been calorie counting for over a year now and have to say it is the only diet/lifestyle I have ever stuck to for more than a couple of months. I started my journey at 13.7 and now I'm 10.7. I have been maintaining mostly since the end of last year. I use MFP every day to track my calories, exercise etc... I would imagine that 1200 - 1400 calories a day is too low for you but if you go onto the app and put in all your details it will tell you what you should be having.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome to minimins,

Well done on that 1st stone!

I would say that you are maybe not eating enough.

Don't want this to sound rude but it might look it typed out but with your starting weight being what it is I think you need to be eating more to lose initially.

Are you using an app to calculate how much you should be eating?

I went on to the https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/ and it shows the following;

Aim to lose 25lbs
Recommended daily calorie intake:
3320 - 4268 kcal
To lose 1-2lbs a week stick to the lower end of the range.

Now I did guess a couple of things for you so you would be best to go on there yourself and check that is right.

Best of luck.

Dxxx

Back