please help

hennyhamster

Silver Member
:wave_cry:Ok, I'm very close to target. My boyfriend is older than me and i love him dearly but isn't helping with my eating, He's stick thin although before i met him he lost a lot of weight and he thinks he needs to lose weight, he's worried about his chin. He reckons it's a bit saggy and thinks because of that he's overweight and is trying to lose weight and it's affecting me. I'm bigger than him and when he says he's big it makes me feel big too. Any idea what i can tell him? Do you know any chin exercises?!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah - chin him and tell him to stop being so silly! (Chin is Geordie for to fight)!!!!!

Anyway, I found these below which seem quite good. Also - how many pillows does he sleep on? Two or more can lead to a double/flabby chin.

Here are some more double chin exercise that you can do every day. These you can do at any time, but as with any exercise, a routine is preferable since you are less likely to forget, and you will make time for something you do every day.

1. Stand comfortably. Slowly raise your head from your chest and tilt it back as far as possible. Do not strain. Close your mouth tightly so that your feel the neck muscles stretch. Count to ten and relax, bring your head back to normal. Start by doing this exercise once or twice a day than gradually increase until you are doing ten a day.​
  2. Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Open your mouth wide and put your tongue out as far as possible. Count to ten and then relax. Does this as many times as you comfortable can, again building to ten.​
  3. Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Bring your lower lip- up as far as possible, count to ten and relax. Repeat ten times.​
  4. Stand comfortable with your head at a natural angle. Pull your chin upwards so you feel your muscles stretch. Count to ten and relax. Build to ten.​
  5. Sit upright, then tilt your head back as far as you can manage, now open and close your mouth several times feeling the muscle stretch each time.​
yellow_pix.jpg
These double chin exercises have better results if you do them regularly, twice a day if possible. However because they are so easy, you can slot the odd extra exercise in at any time. Waiting for the kettle to boil or the printer to finish printing, these are good opportunities to slip in a couple of quick double chin exercises.
yellow_pix.jpg
To keep the skin on your neck supple, moisturize daily with cream, skin toner or essential oils. When applying oils or cream remember to use gentle massaging motions, and always stroke upwards towards the face.

I totally can understand how you feel hun, a guy I dated a few years ago was like a rake, he struggled to get to 10 stone and he was over 6ft so I always felt 10 times worse about my weight.

Have you tried telling him that when he says stuff like that it makes you feel terrible and fat? Unfortunately some people are just made with a bit more jowl then others, my OH is one of them! Bit of exercise will help and the moisturising etc will also help I think!

I heard that tensing up your chin (as mentioned in the post above) and then 'slapping' it with the back of your hand can help over time as well.

The other one I know is you press your tongue hard against the top of your mouth, (you can feel the muscle under your jaw at the front of the neck really work)
Tell him how what he's doing makes you feel and ask him to help you. Men are not known for their tact or clairvoyance!

Back