Please - I need help with my motivation

JestersTear

Silver Member
Please help...

I feel that I'm losing my motivation and enthusiasm for my diet.

I've stayed the same for the last 2 weeks, in spite of being 100% and keeping a food diary. I got so fed up that on Saturday we had a HUGE burger king meal, which made me feel better at the time but now I'm regretting as it will probably mean a gain.
I have 2lbs to go for my 4 stone award but this has been the case for the last 2 weeks and it's doing my head in.
I realise that maintaining isn't a bad thing, per se, but it's making me fed up - I think I'm craving all the stuff I'm not allowed to have any more and it's making it hard to stick with it.

Help!

Look at all of your awards!! You're an inspiration to everyone that is doing this diet - I am new to SW and seeing how far you have come has just made me think 'I can do this'!! Perhaps if you try varying your food intake it might re-start your weight loss? Like I say, I am new so prob not the best person to give advice on the diet.

Don't turn to BK as it will slow things down for sure, keep doing what you were and its guaranteed to come off. Drive past fast food places feeling smug about how far you've come and thinking about how being slim feels better than any of that tastes!!

Fingers crossed for you :)

Hi Jes, good to see you again hun. Firstly, don't lose sight of what you have achieved, almost 4stone is no mean feat. We all lose track from time to time, we are human after all. What foods do you want? You can have most things on SW (as you will know!), make a list of what you want and see if you can SW them or allow yourself one of those things every day or so, I bet you can work them into the plan.

Stick with it hun, it will work out.

I agree with the others Hun..you have come so far already, so you really want to throw that all away for a couple of chips and a burger???
Come on..you know the plan works, you can do it!
At least you have sts for the last 2 weeks...Ive gained 1lb for the last 2 weeks and Im sticking to plan 100%!!!
I think I have more reason to be miserable!! Lol...come on..we can both get through this together Hun.

xxx

I feel so feeble - I realise how far I've come, but at the same time it doesn't feel far enough to be smug...if that makes sense?

As for the 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' - I've never understood that way of thinking as I've never been thin, so I have no idea if it's better than something that tastes lush lol

Come on Jes! We all hit the Glums sometimes, but have you always given up before and put loads of weight back on? Now that WOULD make you feel miserable! I always find the last couple of pounds before a sticker really hard to lose. It's almost as if it's like a great big wall to climb, then once I'm past it I do the next 5 fairly easily. You know the plan works, you've had your fast food, now you must take a deep breath and start back on plan and show the gremlins that you're made of strong stuff! You are you know! Look how much you've lost! Can you afford a new piece of clothing that would be just too tight to wear at the mo to give you some incentive?
Change all your healthy extras, try some new recipes, treat yourself to something delicious and legal, a nice steak springs to mind with SW chips.
Get your tape measure out! (did you do your measurements when you started?) Then you can really see how much you've lost!
Do a food diary, drink lots of water, the scales will shift and you'll soon be on your way again:hug99:

Bloody hell girl, 3 and a half stone! Me and my farty half stone sticker salutes you! Come on you can keep it going, tell BK to stick it!!

I;d done quite well though - I'd wanted a BK on Wednesday, after class cos I was cheesed off, but managed to last until Saturday.

What do you do when you REALLY crave something and nothing else will do?

Well either you can syn it, or you could do a SW version of it. If burgers are your thing then have some steak mince in , you could even have bacon and cheese if you work it out (hea) EE / red your meat would be free and have a wholemeal roll as a HEB. And homemade burgers are SO much nicer, (and bigger!) than the plastic versions in the fast food places.

look at it this way - you wanted a BK you had it - dont look back but look forward. If you had a craving - you had it - out of your system. I find best way to get back no track is to get all my books out - go shopping - stock up on lots of free foods, get eating lots of free snack to get metabolism going - make some new meals and keep hydrated - theres nothing worse than sts but when you do get that 4stone you can say it was hard work that got it

im with you starlight - im really struggling and coming to a standstill with ideas and inspiration - looked at my book and taken me 12mths to lose 10lbs - my heart just doesnt seem to there 100% - going to america next week and im getting more and more worried about 2wks not on the plan 100% and the gain thats waiting for me coming home - im def up for 100% to xmas group x

Back