Please... I need your help :(

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
I have just started my second week of WW, and I am struggling already.

Last week I managed to get through the week only using the odd weekly point each day - but then on the night before WI I somehow went over by 25 points by pigging out on some fajitas. Needless to say I only lost 1.5lbs. I used 47/49 in the first week and promised myself that this week I would do better, and really try and restrict myself to my 29 dailies...

BUT.

It is now only the second day into the second week and I am already struggling.

Yesterday I managed 14pp from my weeklies - and today I already only have 3pp left (it's not even 6pm) before I crack into my weeklies and I am STARVING!

I just don't know what to do. I started out at 12 stone 7 lbs on 1st Feb, and I just weighed myself (butt naked) and I was the same tonight... 10 days in, and not even with clothes on. Just rubbish.

You can see my food diaries here:
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watc...s/191165-spotty-doris-ww-propoints-diary.html

Can anyone offer any tips on what I might be doing wrong? I know I should be having better 'meals' rather than picking, but I have a super naughty tooth. I thought staying within points would work, but I think there is probs more to it than that...

I'm just really struggling and I'm trying to stop myself just shouting "**** it" and tucking into a big plate of pasta and a pud.

I lost the majority of my weight on a VLCD, living on shakes, and I know it works... in this time I could easily have lost half a stone - but I really wanted something a little more social and to learn about portion sizes etc... something I can maintain with - but so far, it doesn't seem to be working for me.

HELP! A very dispondent ~

Spotty :(

Hi spotty Hun I just started week 2 aswell lost 1.5 lbs last week. Had a look at your diary and it looks fine but one thing I may say to you is maybe look at your snacks can you limit it to 2 aday like. Although we are told if we stuck to our points we will lose we have to remember our bodies are complicated things and we all process the food we eat differently. I have a fresh fruit salad and organic vanilla yoghurt for my sweet tooth and yes I may have a freddo but I ask myself first can I substitute the freddo for something else. We have created a lot of habits over the years which take time to break. Focus on the low point foods so u will feel more full and have your treats as a treats. Maybe you could say out of my pp today I am saving 5 pp for a treat and then save your bonus points for those special desperate times good luck Hun ....

Hi there, I still haven't had a look at your diary, but if you need snacks why don't you try to have fruit instead than anything that you're having? this will allow more points left for dinner and you'll have your 5 a day too. Try to snack on baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, apples, mandarins, clementines, grapes, pears... you name them, have them. And above all... you've lost 1.5 lbs. WELL DONE!!!! :clap::clap::clap: that's a brilliant loss, especially thinking that you had been doing a VLCD previously, which means that probably your metabolism has decreased massively and in theory you should have put on this week while your system was readjusting to eating food. instead you've lost, VERY well done.

The reason why you could have lost half a stone with VLCD and you only lose 1.5 lbs with PP is that with PP you are preserving your lean body mass and only losing fat. With the VLCD you were probably losing muscles, which would have affected your health and your weight loss on the long term, and also prevented you from MAINTAINING this loss in the future. It's not just being social, it's what your body needs to survive. Losing 7 lbs a week means that you DEFINITELY weren't having enough and long term you could have had very dangerous collateral effects!

1.5 lbs a week means 78 lbs in 1 year. So if you kept on losing this every single week, on the 10th of Feb 2012 you would weight less than 100 lbs. To get to your goal, you need 19 weeks of 1.5 lbs a week. This means 4 and a half months. This could mean that if you were losing 1.5 lbs a week, you would be at goal by the summer!

YOU CAN DO IT MATE!!!! :D

I know how you feel. I've tired so hard to stick to this diet, at first I lost about 4 pounds and now I am not losing any! I really feel like giving up but then I just look at all them days I have already done and think what a waste it would be, seriously don't give up!
Try to resist those snacks and maybe started engaging in more exercise to gain activity points, I also find that a good work out can slow your appetite down for a few hours.
Good luck. :)

Back