Please list your Halogen Oven Recipes!!

Dany

Ive been given a Halogen Oven for christmas, so I cracked it open for my sunday roast yest. It was a half day off (ie one naughty meal on my day off and then still being careful) so thought id give it a go.

I had pork (gave all the crackling to the OH) and baked it with par boiled spud's sprayed in fry light and parsnips. Followed with carrots, peas and a naughty bit of bread sauce.

I have to say the roast pots were really good and the generally consensus was the whole meal felt lighter, but just as tasty.

Can people share some recipes please? id love to use it some more, but would like some ideas :D

I LOVE my halogen oven!!!!! Actually I have 2, cos they made an updated version with the hinged lid, so much easier to use! We always do the roast in ours, spraying the potatoes just as you do. Jacket potatoes come out lush too, fluffy inside and crispy on outside with a quick spray of frylight. Meat etc comes out much healthier too as all the fat drips out. I bought 2 cookbooks with my second oven, I will have a look through later and post any recipes for you that I think will be SW friendly. Aint technology fab?! x

A hinged lid! thats sounds amazing, I found mine really aukward yest lol

Thanks in advance furrysmudge!

i have one too! i cook EVERYTHING in it! had it for ages. for fish and meat i wrap it i foil with some stock or gravy or sauce in and the meat comes out soooo tender! or can leave the stock out and put a bit of water in instead.

I did a lovely meal in it a couple of days ago. Its pretty much a de-constructed chicken Kebab!

I roasted some butternut squash (coated in paprika and a little chili)
and put some onion, green pepper and chicken cubes in a tray to cook together. The chicken had been marinated in some spices for a day too.

Served with a little side salad....yum!

Back