Please no negative comments

carlax

So on saturday i went out for my bday and had 5 vodka and coke zero , i already no that this isn't:) aloud so dont need to be told again , bottom line the last 2 birthdays iv been pregnant and really wanted to go out with the girls and planned not to drink but ended up having 5 . i have never cheated no food has passed my lips .
Just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and if so did it affect your weight loss ?

I have to hold my hand up here, I have been on Cambridge for 5 weeks and for 4 of those I have had 3 or 4 Bacardi and diet cokes on a Saturday night, I have lost 30lb in 5 weeks, for me I love going out, I know it's supposed to be bad but I've been fine and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon, it's all about personal choice, it's my risk. I obviously wouldn't encourage alcohol on a vlcd. Good luck Hun, don't worry, it was your birthday and I hope you had a fab time x x :)

I have to hold my hand up here, I have been on Cambridge for 5 weeks and for 4 of those I have had 3 or 4 Bacardi and diet cokes on a Saturday night, I have lost 30lb in 5 weeks, for me I love going out, I know it's supposed to be bad but I've been fine and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon, it's all about personal choice, it's my risk. I obviously wouldn't encourage alcohol on a vlcd. Good luck Hun, don't worry, it was your birthday and I hope you had a fab time x x :)

Thank you darling , i had a blast and didn't roll home till 5.30 so i made up for the last 2 that i wasn't out on , thanks for being honest too its totally at our own risk , i dont think ill be doing it every weekend only cos i felt sooooo hungry on the sunday after lol , hoping still a 3 or 4 lb loss as havent eaten xxx

In always starving on a Sunday( small price to pay), but I have loads and loads of water it soon passes, and my weigh in is on a Monday, glad I could help, :) x

i could have been worse i guess and had two bottles of wine lol my weighing is saturday so fingers crossed , keep up the good work tho xx:)

I'm not being negative here, I am just saying be careful. Alcohol and ketosis can be very dangerous. I had a night off saturday night - my first in 15 weeks, and ended up eating a delicious meal and drinking far too much. Paying for it now with a 3lb gain and a very grumpy gallbladder!

Hi carlax, you've done so well, everyone needs a night off "So on saturday i went out for my bday and had 5 vodka and coke zero" I hope they were doubles ! :cool: Keep at it, best wishes Chips

Not being negative, as I fully believe you should be able to have planned nights off, and so long as they aren't too often they help you cope with food which of course you will have to do post CD. However, more importantly you should NEVER drink when in ketosis (I can't remember the scientific reason but it is dangerous), if you are planning on having a drink have a meal, with carbs, before you go, you may put on a lb but it will come off just as quick.

Hope you enjoyed it.:D

I have a night out in a few weeks (sisters birthday) and plan on having a drink or three :). What's the best thing you suggest to take you out of ketosis, obviously not calorie laden. What about a biscuit, a slice of toast, although I would rather keep off the bread. Any suggestions for the least calories best thing please?

I have a night out in a few weeks (sisters birthday) and plan on having a drink or three :). What's the best thing you suggest to take you out of ketosis, obviously not calorie laden. What about a biscuit, a slice of toast, although I would rather keep off the bread. Any suggestions for the least calories best thing please?

I would go with something a bit more substantial, even without ketosis in the picture it is not a good idea to drink on an empty stomach. I would have something like chicken, veg and a few potatoes etc. Also bear in mind that ketosis is not as fragile as some think, I have ate a bar of chocolate in the past and still stayed in ketosis, and your glycogen store doesn't all of a sudden become full so if you ate a biscuit and did leave ketosis you would be back in within an hour or so.

Hi all thanks for your replies i don't plan on drinking every weekend , but it was my bday and i feel fine i knew the dangers as i asked my cdc before hand and she told me no and it can be dangerous . i had a amazing night and am fully still on plan and feel as determined as before . Thanks xxx

3lbs lost this week so still pleased , cambridge councillor wasn't happy with me but wasn't going to lie x

I don't think anyone is normal if they haven't cheated, unless your super duper strong. Don't forget at some point we have to start eating again

Like someone else said be careful don't do it too often it's not about cheating we all have done that but alcohol and ketosis is bad for you body x

Back