Please Please Help Me!!!

NewLife4Me

Please Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided this is it.....tomorrow hell bells SS starts for me!! I'm all tensed up and excited at the moment too. I'm meeting up with a guy on 11th October, we have been chatting online for months but never met. We get on greattt and he calls long distance 4 times daily. He even wants me to move over to his place after Xmas.

Butttt, I am so annoyed with myself......I let myself go......I used to be a curvy 12/14 and now I'm 16/18 and lost my confidence. Yeah people say ohhh you have a lovely face and smile, but that is just not enough for me....I want to be happy and confident in my body and not covering up!

Sorry for the rant on a Sunday night.......If I'm a Saint for next month....what are my chances clothes wise??

They say for every stone you drop you lose a dress size but girls will know that better than I :)

In terms of weight loss then if you do SS religiously then I would expect you to be between 14 and 21 pounds lighter within 4 weeks but no two people ever lose the same.

Just make sure that water is your best friend and that you just punch through that first week.

Go for it!

Mike

Mikes advice, is as always, spot on.

Head down, get through it and drink that water x

Thanks guys for your words of wisdom! I'm also starting swimming tomorrow evening, booked in to go every evening, can't wait ;).

:wave_cry:Night Night guys.

Hiya

Just be careful doing too much swimming on SS as you won't have the energy to cope with it.

I had a guy who was losing very little as he was swimming 50 lengths a day, as soon as he slowed it down and power floated a bit more the weight really fell.

Remember to take care of yourself and there is a time to lose fat, and a time to get fit and they aren't nescessarily at the same time.

Gentle toning exercise, not anything too heavy!

Mike

Thanks for that Mike!

I certainly wouldn't have said that.....I was convinced that it would have the opposite affect, less calories, more activity, would mean guaranteed weight loss.

Many Thanks for pointing that out!!

PS. I am a gentle swimmer, I wouldn't classify myself as a robust shark in the water:D:D

Gentle swimmer is good!! Remember that when on SS you have no glycogen in your body which means instant energy is at a premium and if you go too hard at it then you will feel really rough and tend to retain water and your body slows right down (you will notice your finger nails stop growing / hard growth slows etc), therefore just be gentle and you'll be absolutely fine!

M.

Hiya, what's a CD Discussion Seminar? New one to me?

Anyway the more you drink the more you tend to lose and drinking only speeds up weight loss and certainly doesn't slow it!

Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.

Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

Here's why: the kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But if the liver has to do some of the kidneys’ work, it can't operate at full throttle, so it metabolizes less fat. As a result, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss comes to a stop.

Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention.
When the body gets less - water, it perceives it as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. Water is stored in extracellular spaces (outside the cells) and shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands.

Diuretics offer a temporary solution, at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns.

The best way to overcome the problem of water retention is to give your body what it needs - plenty of water! Only then will stored water be released.

The overweight person needs more water than the thin one.

Larger individuals have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more water.

Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.

It also helps to prevent the sagging of skin that usually follows weight loss. Shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient.

Water helps the body get rid of waste.

During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of - all that metabolized fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out the waste.

Water can help relieve constipation.

When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal sources. The colon is one of these primary sources. Result - constipation. But, when an individual drinks enough water, normal bowel function usually returns.

So far, we’ve discovered some remarkable truths about water and weight loss:

· The body will not function properly and can’t metabolize stored fat efficiently without enough water.
· Retained water shows up as excess weight.
· To get rid of water, you must drink more water.
· Drinking water is essential to weight loss.

How much water is enough?

On average, a person should drink eight 8-oz. glasses every day.

However, the overweight individual needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight.

The amount you drink should also be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry.

It is preferable to drink cold water, which is absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water.

Some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually help burn more calories.

When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced and:
· Endocrine-gland function improves
· Fluid retention is alleviated
· More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored fat
· Natural thirst returns
· There is a loss of hunger, almost overnight

When I did the diet I put my quick and large losses down to the water, I also put the fact I was NEVER truely hungry since Day 7 on the water I was drinking. Don't underestimate how much it helps you!!!

If it means finishing the diet earlier and with less pain then get glugging!!

Don't think of it as water!! Think of it as a fat attacking liquid!!!!

Last edited:
Hey my cdc told me I shouldn't drink more than 3 litres maximum a day as it could flush out all the minerals and vitamins??? is that correct?
xox

Very informative post Mike. Can I ask you a question though? I thought that my swollen ankles would improve with all the water I'm drinking, but they haven't really - do you know why? I'm drinking about 3-4 ltrs a day.

In terms of how much to drink a day then there is a lot of debate, it seems to be more around drinking a lot in a short period so the general concensus seems to be little and often as opposed to trying to get down loads at once.

I now recommend to clients that they drink the absolutel minimum of 2.25 litres but ideally drink 4 litres a day but space this out during the day i.e. a litre between 8am - 11am, a litre between 11am and 2pm, a litre between 2pm and 5pm and then the final litre before bed!

But as always I recommend that clients discuss water intake with their GP as the major source of clinical advice.

In terms of swollen ankles then frome experience if people are fully hydrated then they tend to retain less but it could be other factors such as TOTM, swollen due to stress and strain, because the swelling is fat not water. Anyway I would get down to goal weight and then stabilise and see what they are like then :) Remember as well that it is not uncommon to see what you want to see!

M.

Back