Please tell me how to quit smoking

Hello friends ,

i am 24 years old from India and i daily smoke 50 to 60 cigeratte.But now i want to quit smoking.Please tell me friend what should i do to quit smoking.If u have any good suggestion so please tell me.I am waiting for your reply.

Hi Dinesh,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't smoke so cannot help. However there are plenty of others who may be able to help you. It's quite early (7:20am) on Saturday morning, so the forum isn't very busy. Once people start to wake up it should get busier and you'll be inundated with replies.

ALl the best,

CC x

Yes , Stop buying them , then you can't smoke them , hehe . There is no easy way to give up the things you Enjoy , it takes something to scare you to stop , to stub it out for good . think of the reason why you want to give up . Yours truely an Exsmoker :) of just over 3 years

Ive just stopped, using nothing but my brain to tell me how bad it is.

If you really want to then you will, thats all i can say, if not then you'll smoke x

Hi Dinesh, Just wanted to let you know that i quit smoking in July last year, i was advised by a nurse at my doctors to read Allen carrs "Easy Way to give up smoking" the book cost me less than a pack of cigarettes and i am proud and pleased to say i have,nt touched a cigarette since reading it. It really is well worth buying this book :)

My boyfriend smoked about 20 a day and gave up just before christmas - he buys nicquitin 4mg lozengers and has one of those instead of a cigarette when he has a craving. Good luck

hi,

i tried hypnotherapy which helped give kick start me but then it;s just perserverence. try and break down your associations with smoking. it may help to smoke outside while you are giving up that way when you return to the sitting room you don't immediately think 'i want a ciggarette'

above all you've got to want to give up. of course your body is telling you you want to smoke and this is natural, i mean your mind is telling you that smoking is bad for your health, you don't want your children to grow up knowing you as a smoker etc...

good luck...

it is not an easy to quit from the smoking, but you can do this, for that in the starting day you have to reduce the cigeratte smoking, keep your self busy so that you have not more time, or try hypnotherapy it is very much helpful , after that your mind is telling you that smoking is bad for your.

I have stopped smoking by doing it cold turkey - just decide you don't want to smoke any more, look at the obvious benefits of quitting.

What happens when you smoke ?

1. You ingest 4000 poisonous chemicals
2. You waste money
3. You risk dying 14 years earlier
4. You risk dying a horrible, painful death
5. You risk damaging your family's health with your second hand smoke
6. You look stupid (It really doesn't look cool or sexy, I learned that)

THERE ARE NO ADVANTAGES TO SMOKING!

It does not relax you, it only kills you and costs you money.

I would also recommend the Allen Carr book for stopping smoking. I used it several years ago and I have never smoked since.

Incidentally, Allen Carr also wrote a very good book on losing weight "The Easyweigh to lose weight" and that is an excellent read & makes SO much sense.

The feeling that you have broken any addiction (be it cigs, booze or food) is better than any of the items you ever craved!!:party0038:

I stopped using Champix from my GP it just depends if it is licensed in India. It was a god send to me it made it so easy i haven't felt like i have been through a major trauma as i have before. Good Luck !!!

I used the nicorette fruit chewing gum! The mint one tastes like feet, but the fruit is alright! Good luck!

I too have used champix from my doctor and its been so good for me ! i would recomend this treatment to anyone seriously wanting to stop smoking ...its not a magic drug but it does help ...been 12 weeks for me now and also read allen carrs book too as that makes so much sense..good luck and please try and cut down atleast as you are a young girl and one day you will wake in the night unable to breath......its scarey xxxx

Im also trying to quit! Even with my father terminally ill with Cancer Im finding it hard, on one hand I see him and just know I should quit and on the other Im so stressed out by it all that I cant quit!!! :(

Hi Dinesh, Just wanted to let you know that i quit smoking in July last year, i was advised by a nurse at my doctors to read Allen carrs "Easy Way to give up smoking" the book cost me less than a pack of cigarettes and i am proud and pleased to say i have,nt touched a cigarette since reading it. It really is well worth buying this book :)

2 of my friends quit smoking after reading that book, i read it too but it didn't work for me at all. i quit for 10 days and i felt so miserable and depressed that i just had to start smoking again, otherwise i'd probably kill myself. i had my first cigarette after "quitting" smoking on the 25th of December, one year ago, and obviously couldn't find an open store or train station anywhere (and i was searching for around 2hrs:D) so had to ask a guy standing in front of a hotel to help me out:)
i guess i'm a lost cause. it's weird. i was able to lose 7,5st no problem, but quitting smoking seems impossible..

I used the nicorette fruit chewing gum! The mint one tastes like feet, but the fruit is alright! Good luck!

YES! I had the same feeling when I tried Nicorette! it does taste like feet! it was so disgusting! i thought i was chewing an actual cigarette...

Back