Please Tell Me I Don't Need to Eat!

westiegirl

Gold Member
I am feeling rubbish at the moment.

The doctor confirmed that I have tonsillitus this morning.

I have been working all week even when feeling ill (it's month end and our financial year end) so haven't had time to be ill.

Tonight though I am at home feeling sorry for myself and Mrs CB is telling me that because I am ill I need to eat.

Please remind me that food packs are fully nutritious and that I don't actually need to eat. It's just a leftover thing from my past and that it is just a comfort thing.

Also, does anyone know if antibiotics can knock you out of ketosis?

I am feeling rubbish at the moment.

The doctor confirmed that I have tonsillitus this morning.

I have been working all week even when feeling ill (it's month end and our financial year end) so haven't had time to be ill.

Tonight though I am at home feeling sorry for myself and Mrs CB is telling me that because I am ill I need to eat.

Please remind me that food packs are fully nutritious and that I don't actually need to eat. It's just a leftover thing from my past and that it is just a comfort thing.

Also, does anyone know if antibiotics can knock you out of ketosis?

HEY YOU - STOP RIGHT THERE !!! :p

Cambridge is nutritionally complete and will supply ALLyour needs so you do NOT need to eat....you are doing SOOOOO well with your re-start....and you will be really annoyed with yourself if you listen to that wicked CD !!!

lovin your new Avatar ....keep up the fab work !!!

lotsa love

Debz xx

No antibiotics don't knock you out of ketosis.

I was on 790 last week and a whole 7 days of erythromycine - I lost 4lbs at weigh-in.

You really shouldn't do SS whilst you are fighting an infection, you should go to 790

Hope you feel better soon!

From the Cambridge website -

I am using the ‘Sole Source’ programme, but have a cough and cold – what can I take?
‘Sole Source’ is not ideal for anyone who is below par. Also, cough and cold remedies contain carbohydrate which affects levels of ketosis and therefore the dieter’s comfort. The Diet can be used as a nutritious part of a light diet with plenty of clear fluids for anyone who is unwell or who is convalescing. Use any over-the-counter remedy to relieve cough and cold symptoms and then, once you are fully recovered, you can restart ‘Sole Source’.

Awww Sarah. You look after yourself. Lots of TLC, a nice warm tetra perhaps. Some paracetamol. Have you got any Cd drinks? Nice and warm and pretend they are lemsips.

Get yourself better soon:hug99:

HEY YOU - STOP RIGHT THERE !!! :p

Cambridge is nutritionally complete and will supply ALLyour needs so you do NOT need to eat....you are doing SOOOOO well with your re-start....and you will be really annoyed with yourself if you listen to that wicked CD !!!

lovin your new Avatar ....keep up the fab work !!!

lotsa love

Debz xx

Thanks Debz, you're a star. I'm still under my blankie on the sofa glugging water - got a pack left to have which I will have warm shortly.

My avatar is from Brum meet, which was fab - roll on Belfast though when we can have a catch up xxx

No antibiotics don't knock you out of ketosis.

I was on 790 last week and a whole 7 days of erythromycine - I lost 4lbs at weigh-in.

You really shouldn't do SS whilst you are fighting an infection, you should go to 790

Hope you feel better soon!

From the Cambridge website -

I am using the ‘Sole Source’ programme, but have a cough and cold – what can I take?
‘Sole Source’ is not ideal for anyone who is below par. Also, cough and cold remedies contain carbohydrate which affects levels of ketosis and therefore the dieter’s comfort. The Diet can be used as a nutritious part of a light diet with plenty of clear fluids for anyone who is unwell or who is convalescing. Use any over-the-counter remedy to relieve cough and cold symptoms and then, once you are fully recovered, you can restart ‘Sole Source’.

Thanks for that STBG, I am glad that someone has had a positive result that I can relate to.

I think that over this weekend I might do a 790 type thing. Weekends are always hard for me anyway so at least doing something positive will help me.

Awww Sarah. You look after yourself. Lots of TLC, a nice warm tetra perhaps. Some paracetamol. Have you got any Cd drinks? Nice and warm and pretend they are lemsips.

Get yourself better soon:hug99:

Thanks KD, I don't have any tetras but I do like my chocolate packs warm. Umm a nice hot choc in a bit sounds fab.

I have loads of paracetamol, taking them every 4 hours (as instructed by the doctor too). I actually drink 2 large mugs of summer drink every day anyway and I love that.

Last year when I had tonsillitus I had some soluble asprin which I gargled with, but this time my throat isn't nearly as bad.

I have just been on 5 days of both Metronidazole and amoxicillin for a tooth abcess. And I am still in Ketosis..so try not to worry, and get your well. Hope you will feel better soon.
Take care
HM
X

:patback: awwwww Sarah - hopetyou are feeling better soon.

I think you should maybe do 790 over the weekend if you are feeling unwell. It'll give you something to look forward to the evenings! cuddle up with your hot choc (CD pack ofcourse!) and keep warm. perhaps you could make an ice cream to soothe your throat out of a tetra?

xx

Just back from my Mum's and I have had a small meal there.

It was a side plate portion of a bit of salad, a homemade tomato sauce (like cacciatore but no wine and lots of veg) and a few slices of new potatoes. It was lovely and I feel much better now.

Really didn't feel like having my pack but I'm just sipping a hot cappuccino pack to make sure I get my full vitamins etc. Managed almost 4 litres of water as well, much better than yesterday.

Bed for me soon, this is the latest I've been up all week - I've been in bed just after 8pm every night so far!!

Hi sarah,

Really glad your feeling better..... keep glugging and plenty of rest hun, you'll soon be on the mend!

nas x

Back