Plenty of body magic but no great losses!

Nikki36

I am new to Mini.Mins and not so new to SW!

I have previously been on SW a few years ago with a target to reach for my wedding day :), the motivation was lost shortly after the day!

I have three kids, two boys in their teens and a little girl of 3,:family2: it was after my third that I knew that I had gained a lot of weight:scale:, I used to weigh in around 9-9.5st and my weight went upto just over 11st which is heavy for me. I currently go to group with a good supportive friend. Recently gained a few new recruits on the weight loss journey as well! :hug99: Have to say my hubby is right behind me but other family members are making the last part of my journey a little more difficult with the "why are you slimming" view..... but surely I will know when I am happy in my skin again (it's been a long while).

I have also signed up for the Great South Run and running is new to me since March of this year so I guess that should help the body magic, but even though the miles have increased each week my weight loss is becoming harder, I am needing to lose another 8.5 lb to reach target but seem to be getting no where fast is there something I doing wrong or is there anyone else doing plenty of body magic but not winning? Added to this I have increased my swimming to 3 times a week, I am begining to feel hungry all the time with the extra exercise too so not cheating is becoming harder!:(

Ive found when i exercise i dont tend to loose lbs but inches! Have you measured your waist etc??? Weight may still be the same butyour body may have changed shape. Just a thought =]

I measured myself at the begining so maybe that will be a good motivation! I had forgotten about the inches v no losses!:)

If you are hungry then eat! You need to eat back some of the calories you burn off through exercising in order to fuel your increased activity level. Also make sure that you are drinking enough water. If the increased exercise is a new thing then your muscles can retain fluid to repair themselves and this can affect what you see on the scales.

I don't tend to loose as much when I'm exercising but the exercise is def worth it as you loose inches and your body changes shape and looks better. I'd rather be a couple of lbs heavier and have a toned body then weight less but not look as good. I know its disheartening though (I started running recently as well and so I'm not stressing about the scales I've been doing blind WI's, so I'm still getting weighed in group but I don't know what I've lost or gained... going to find out either next week or the week after depending on how I'm feeling) At the moment although I'm curious to see what I weigh I'm not as bothered as I can see changes in my body so even if when I find out I've only lost a lb over the month or even sts I won't be as upset as if I'd found out each week as I can see the changes myself now over the whole month.
If your hungry you need to eat more free food, I know its hard but I was finding I was tired all the time which I thought was really odd until someone pointed out I hadn't increased the amount I was eating even though I'd greatly increased the amount of exercise I was doing. Also if your doing a lot of exercise you need to be having the top end of your syns.

The exercise has increased quite drastically yes, I am not only training for the Great South Run but had a mad moment and signed up for brighton marathon next year so am busy ruinning 15-20 miles a week. I am sitting planning my food for the next few days and will take you advice and drink some more fluids too!

WOW your brave blind WI's, I like the sound of this especially whilst training as I am becoming over obsessed with the scales right now and bearing in mind I started running in the March and struggled to run 1/2 a mile I should be congratulating my new running targets! I have been completely worn out as a result of training I thought but I will revisit what I am eating as I was too scared to change what I ate in case the weight crept back up (silly of me but it gets you like that when you have lost and worked hard you don't want to see that number rise)!

Totally agree with how you look and feel! I have noticed the changes in my body since running and I am hoping that will continue so I can lose that baby belly of mine which has been the hardest to shift. Well done you for joining in the running madness, hope your enjoying it (crazy because I remember it being no fun to start with just painful and hard work :eek:) xxxx

WOW your brave blind WI's, I like the sound of this especially whilst training as I am becoming over obsessed with the scales right now and bearing in mind I started running in the March and struggled to run 1/2 a mile I should be congratulating my new running targets! I have been completely worn out as a result of training I thought but I will revisit what I am eating as I was too scared to change what I ate in case the weight crept back up (silly of me but it gets you like that when you have lost and worked hard you don't want to see that number rise)!

Totally agree with how you look and feel! I have noticed the changes in my body since running and I am hoping that will continue so I can lose that baby belly of mine which has been the hardest to shift. Well done you for joining in the running madness, hope your enjoying it (crazy because I remember it being no fun to start with just painful and hard work :eek:) xxxx

I was exactly like that, just getting obsessed with what the scales said and it was getting to the point where it wasn't healthy for me. It's hard at first as when I get weighed I really want to know but as soon as I'm off the scales I soon forget about it and its nice concentrating on what a great week I've had food and exercise wise in image therapy without the cloud over my head of ''oh but I gained half a lb or stayed the same''

I'm loving the running, I was like you I couldn't even run for the bus, but I joined a club and they're doing a program to get you from a complete none runner to running 30 minutes none stop in ten weeks. I'm starting week 3 today (before I joined I started crunches and doing the crosstrainer so my exercise started beginning of September) so its still early days but I can't believe what a difference building it up slowly makes. Again its early days but I'm considering seeing if I can get a place in the London marathon 2014.

I was exactly like that, just getting obsessed with what the scales said and it was getting to the point where it wasn't healthy for me. It's hard at first as when I get weighed I really want to know but as soon as I'm off the scales I soon forget about it and its nice concentrating on what a great week I've had food and exercise wise in image therapy without the cloud over my head of ''oh but I gained half a lb or stayed the same''

I'm loving the running, I was like you I couldn't even run for the bus, but I joined a club and they're doing a program to get you from a complete none runner to running 30 minutes none stop in ten weeks. I'm starting week 3 today (before I joined I started crunches and doing the crosstrainer so my exercise started beginning of September) so its still early days but I can't believe what a difference building it up slowly makes. Again its early days but I'm considering seeing if I can get a place in the London marathon 2014.

I started with a club and since have carried on with two of the girls from the begginers group and we run three times a week, I went back to club last week and managed 7 miles so it soon helps and the begginers group had us running up to the minimum of five miles to enable us to join the others. They are quicker than me but still its good to be running in a group especially now the darker nights are getting here.

I am begininng to get toooo obsessed with the scales weighing in every day at home and then beating myself up for falling off the healthy eating when I do! I shall seriously consider the blind weigh in, did you have to agree this with your SW group ?

The other thing I noticed was that people keep commenting on the fact that I don't need to lose weight which makes me even more obsessed because I don't feel that way, i have set my goal at 9st 7lb for now but may well drop it down further yet! So that is a battle in itself I will know when I have reached my goal when i wake up one morning and feel happy in my own skin! so the blind weigh in would be agood way to see when I feel like that, and will make me stick to helathy options just in case it creeps up !

I see you have done really well with your weight loss so well done you! With the running added in you will soon notice a difference in body shape and a good one!

I started with a club and since have carried on with two of the girls from the begginers group and we run three times a week, I went back to club last week and managed 7 miles so it soon helps and the begginers group had us running up to the minimum of five miles to enable us to join the others. They are quicker than me but still its good to be running in a group especially now the darker nights are getting here.

I am begininng to get toooo obsessed with the scales weighing in every day at home and then beating myself up for falling off the healthy eating when I do! I shall seriously consider the blind weigh in, did you have to agree this with your SW group ?

The other thing I noticed was that people keep commenting on the fact that I don't need to lose weight which makes me even more obsessed because I don't feel that way, i have set my goal at 9st 7lb for now but may well drop it down further yet! So that is a battle in itself I will know when I have reached my goal when i wake up one morning and feel happy in my own skin! so the blind weigh in would be agood way to see when I feel like that, and will make me stick to helathy options just in case it creeps up !

I see you have done really well with your weight loss so well done you! With the running added in you will soon notice a difference in body shape and a good one!

Yeah running with the group is great, I love running at night with the group. Don't think I'd do that on my own.

You'll have to speak to your consultant about the blind WI's, just explain why you want to do it and I think its down to them whether they do it or not, I think some do and some don't. I do think in a situation like yours and mine it really does help though.

I know how you feel with people telling you not to loose anymore weight as well, I was the same as you when I was getting close to target people kept telling me to stop but I knew I wasn't happy. It stopped for a while but people have recently started again, which is silly as I really don't want to loose much. Its hard and can be upsetting but I just try and ignore them as like you say you know when your happy. What's the point of stopping because of other people saying your at the right place when your not happy? Only we know when we're happy

Yeah running with the group is great, I love running at night with the group. Don't think I'd do that on my own.

You'll have to speak to your consultant about the blind WI's, just explain why you want to do it and I think its down to them whether they do it or not, I think some do and some don't. I do think in a situation like yours and mine it really does help though.

I know how you feel with people telling you not to loose anymore weight as well, I was the same as you when I was getting close to target people kept telling me to stop but I knew I wasn't happy. It stopped for a while but people have recently started again, which is silly as I really don't want to loose much. Its hard and can be upsetting but I just try and ignore them as like you say you know when your happy. What's the point of stopping because of other people saying your at the right place when your not happy? Only we know when we're happy

It is not unhealthy as long as you don't end up under weight, I know how different I feel from having the children, I love them dearly but boy does it change how your body looks! I will continue for now and just try to ignore the comments, feels better that I know other people have the same problem, it's not far to go now and my husband understands where I am coming from so he supports my decision.

It is much better running with others and a lot safer so keep it up, have you set a goal for your running like a 5k event..... the feeling of completing in a organised race is great!

It is not unhealthy as long as you don't end up under weight, I know how different I feel from having the children, I love them dearly but boy does it change how your body looks! I will continue for now and just try to ignore the comments, feels better that I know other people have the same problem, it's not far to go now and my husband understands where I am coming from so he supports my decision.

It is much better running with others and a lot safer so keep it up, have you set a goal for your running like a 5k event..... the feeling of completing in a organised race is great!

Going to complete the beginners course first and then do a 5k event in the new year. Not sure which one but one of the ladies at the club was talking about driving out to a free 5k time challenge, so that would be good.

That's what annoys me when people say things to me, my mums a nightmare for making comments and she's very slim herself and also does the running. What annoys me is I actually have slimming world making sure I don't go underweight, she doesn't have anything like that.

Going to complete the beginners course first and then do a 5k event in the new year. Not sure which one but one of the ladies at the club was talking about driving out to a free 5k time challenge, so that would be good.

That's what annoys me when people say things to me, my mums a nightmare for making comments and she's very slim herself and also does the running. What annoys me is I actually have slimming world making sure I don't go underweight, she doesn't have anything like that.

My first running goal was the race for life 10k and it was a freezing cold day but it was a brilliant day adn my aim was to complete, I did exactly that! The only thing is now I need to be fundraising and that is proving harder than I thought so be careful if you do sign up for charity as sometimes the goal is quite high! But it will keep me motivated during the winter I suppose.

It's my Mum on my case as well she means well I suppose but I wish she would just cut me some slack, I Joined SW because when a bit stressed out I tend to have too many glasses of wine and eat terribly, so by knowing I have to go every week I have stopped that bad habit. Slimming world will not allow you to go if your weight was a problem (too Low) so I guess we just have to turn our ears off to our Mum's :rolleyes:

I am new to Mini.Mins and not so new to SW!

I have previously been on SW a few years ago with a target to reach for my wedding day :), the motivation was lost shortly after the day!

I have three kids, two boys in their teens and a little girl of 3,:family2: it was after my third that I knew that I had gained a lot of weight:scale:, I used to weigh in around 9-9.5st and my weight went upto just over 11st which is heavy for me. I currently go to group with a good supportive friend. Recently gained a few new recruits on the weight loss journey as well! :hug99: Have to say my hubby is right behind me but other family members are making the last part of my journey a little more difficult with the "why are you slimming" view..... but surely I will know when I am happy in my skin again (it's been a long while).

I have also signed up for the Great South Run and running is new to me since March of this year so I guess that should help the body magic, but even though the miles have increased each week my weight loss is becoming harder, I am needing to lose another 8.5 lb to reach target but seem to be getting no where fast is there something I doing wrong or is there anyone else doing plenty of body magic but not winning? Added to this I have increased my swimming to 3 times a week, I am begining to feel hungry all the time with the extra exercise too so not cheating is becoming harder!:(

Nikki, did you complete your Great South Run? I did mine after starting running in February, just wanted to do the race but was aiming for a time of 2 hours. Completed my race in 2 hours and 8 minutes, really chuffed and so glad I completed it. Only down side weigh in on Monday evening put on 3 lb adn went out of taerget so back to basics and aiming to lose 6lb by Christimas to hit the 5 stone mark.

I've signed up for 4.4 miles dressed as santa in December, that's a charity event. I don't think I'll do many charity ones after that as is it hard to raise money. My mum does lots of runs and not for charity for the same reason, it would be nice to do more charity work but people get fed up of being asked to sponsor people all the time.

Back