Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Hi Plumfoodie, I hope you feel better soon!

I'm back, sort of. After a week in Oregon my body clock has gone screwy. That combined with feeling down in the dumps about the situation around my dad's death has got me not eating nearly enough since coming home. Hoping that posting will help me get back on track.

Today I woke up around 1pm but didn't eat anything until 8pm or so, a nice Moroccan chicken/chickpea stew with dried apricots (3/portion) from September Good Food mag, and some giant wholewheat couscous plus a pile of lemony spinach. The couscous was probably overkill but I was mostly just glad to feel like eating!

Yesterday I had the Holford cinnamon/apple porridge with seeds when I woke up, and naughty pasta w/meatballs for dinner plus a Nakd bar and 40g Brie (cute mini wedge from M&S) with oatcakes and a dab of cranberry chutney for snacks.

While in Oregon I didn't really keep 100% to GI/GL principles, just an eye on overall intake as that was easier. I suspect that none of the books would let me get away with fruit and a bit of cheese for dinner! ;-) I may have put on a lb but not sure I've finished losing water weight from the flights yet, that usually plonks 3-5lb on me that goes over the following 5-7 days. I can tell because my rings become impossible to get off/on!

Hoping to be more on track tomorrow, Husband has left a portion of dhal in the fridge for my lunch and I have enough good choices handy for breakfast/snacks. Back to work on Tuesday so really need to get my act together!

Welcome back. Grief is a tough old burden to bear. I'm sure the travel and the funeral have both taken their toll on you. It's no wonder your appetite deserted you.
You are great for being so focussed on your diet despite everything. I hope the week ahead will be kind to you.
Look after yourself.

Hi Plumfoodie, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your loss:( I agree with Molly, the loss and the travel is really hard on the body and mind.

I'm glad you were able to eat yesterday, you'll get sick if you don't eat:( But I'm proud of you for trying to stick to your diet even in these tough situations. You're very strong and brave.

We're here for you Plumfoodie! I'm sure you'll feel much better and motivated with writing on here to us. We can all help each other lose weight and feel better.:grouphugg:

Welcome back Plumfoodie. I've arrived since you while you have been away. Sorry to hear about your loss, but am awestruck that you tried to maintain your calorie intake at such a stressful time. That's amazing. Well done, you. :)

Thanks all for the kind words. You're making me blush, though, it wasn't really too hard to stick to eating ok - I normally find it just as easy to make good choices as bad ones especially if the food I have in is all good. Apart from at certain times of the month! ;-)

Today's food was ok, I slept through breakfast again but then had lentil dhal (with veggies in it and a blob of yoghurt) with a few pecans for lunch, blueberries with yoghurt and seeds for a snack, and then leftover Moroccan chicken/chickpeas for dinner with more giant wholewheat couscous, lemony spinach, steamed sugar snap peas and carrots. I may have a sneaky snack just before bed in the hopes that it will help me fall asleep!

Hi Plumfoodie, that's great that you were able to eat today. I think it's wonderful you were making good choices. It's easier to grab the candy bar right in front of us, instead of taking a moment to think what other option nearby is better.

Your food today sounds really yummy. It's making me even hungry :) Lots of variety and veggies :) Good job!

Sort of a better day today, but only in terms of managing to eat something at every meal. ;) This morning breakfast all went a bit wrong (usually I make something to eat in the car - I'm not the driver!) and I had a tantrum and demanded an egg mcmuffin. That left me too full for lunch so I had a small Nakd bar at lunchtime and my chicken Food Doc pita sandwich at afternoon snacktime. Tonight will be Hungarian goulash from the freezer with a spoonful of mixed veg mash and various steamed veggies (Tuesday is random veg day as on Wednesday we get a new organic box delivery). So, could've been better, could've been worse. Roll on tomorrow!

No worries about the egg mcmuffin, you ate good for the rest of the day so that counts alot :) I know when that time of the month nears there are insane cravings. I say you just gotta give into them. This afternoon I got hit with my hmmm that time is coming soon too.

Hehe I like your reasoning but I fear that my scales may differ!

Finished up the evening with some blueberries, yoghurt, seeds and a little sprinkling of All-Bran.

I know the scaled never agreed with me around that time, it usually goes up by 3 lbs, but soon after it goes away.

Yogurt and blueberries sound nice:)

Yoghurt , blueberries and seeds are lovely. I have them two or three times a week. On GL you can gave a while punnet( 148 g) as a portion, yum.

On a bit of a blueberry kick at the moment, it seems. Late breakfast today was blueberries, low fat Greek Easiyo, sunflower/pumpkin seeds and 1/2 cup of AllBran (I hadn't tried this before, but saw it in Dr Rob Thompson's book and it adds a nice crunch) all mixed together into a sort of purple yoghurt jumble. Lunch will be an egg mayonnaise Food Doc pitta with a side salad, not sure about dinner yet! I have some yummy wasabi almonds to have for a snack and will probably also have a small Nakd bar at some point.

ps To those who are nice enough to comment here in my thread, sorry I am kind of ignoring the rest of the forum at the moment but hope to get back to it properly when I'm feeling better!

I like dr Rob Thompson's book too. He has a very common sense approach. I'm an EasiYo fan too. I never have any other yoghurt now since discovering it.
Your day looks good so keep at it.

I'm ridiculously excited about trying some new Easiyo flavours that I got! Although the plain ones are very nice too. :)

Also excited that I found a sugarfree version of AllBran at Goodness Direct; I've ordered some and hopefully it will come soon. I like the idea of the bran but not the sugar that's in AllBran, in fact I was surprised to see it in Dr Rob's book but he seems to think that a little bit of sugar is ok.

Blueberries are always yummy :)

Salmon with quinoa and steamed veggies tonight, sounds boring maybe but I've come down with a cold and not wanting anything super fancy!

Your dinner doesn't boring to me. I think it sounds great. Keep up the good work :)

Back