Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Well, I will report on the mushroom barley risotto if we ever get to actually make it! There's been a problem with some shared plumbing between ours and our neighbours' house and the evening so far has been filled with people tramping around with ladders. Fortunately I grabbed a little snack but it's wearing off now.... Tonight would have been a good time to have leftovers waiting in the fridge.

:gimi:

Oh no, poor Plum! Sorry to hear about the bad plumbing:( It's not fun when something goes wrong like that. I hope they fixed the problem.

Thanks Cali. It's annoying having shared plumbing systems with your neighbours, because you have to agree between you what to do. They weren't able to fix it today but they were at least able to figure out where the problem is and they'll come back in the next couple of days to sort it out properly. It's ok though as we can still use everything as normal until then.

That's great that they can fix the problem. Also great that you can use the water still:)

Barley risotto = yummy! Hurrah!

A lazy day for me today, I was still sore from my weekend walk. I was also really thirsty for some reason.

Breakfast: AllBran with berries/cherries, mixed seeds and milk

Lunch: lentil soup, small amount of tuna/beans/tomato

Snacks: almonds, Nairns oaty bakes, lowfat Swiss cheese, cottage cheese, oatcake with veggie pate

Dinner: mixed mushroom barley risotto, mini Magnum ice cream for dessert

Food looks good, the lentil soups sounds great. That's wonderful that you were able to make the barley risotto. You should post the recipe in the recipe section for all of us :)

Ohhhhhh Magnum ice cream, those are soooooooo yummy and good. I almost bought one this weekend. I've been drinking a lot of water too, more than I usually do. It's the waterbuffalo in me taking over :)

Yummy food, plum. I love the idea of veggie pate. I don't think I have heard of the Tartex brand.

Yesterday was very busy at work and so I didn't actually track any of my food or anything until this morning. I'm off work tomorrow so will add the barley risotto and meatballs recipes then.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: porridge with cherries, strawberries and toasted hazelnuts

Lunch: salad with lentils and chicken plus yoghurt dressing

Snack: Nakd cocoa delight bar

Dinner: leftover barley risotto (smaller portion), green beans with garlic, and 'Greek-style' meatballs (not authentic, but very yummy - they have lowfat feta in them) Went a bit over my calories because we only had lean lamb mince in the freezer, ran out of lean beef!

Snack: M&S mini chocolate pot thing

Glad to see you back Plum :)

Food today looks good. The meatballs sound yummy and so does the barley risotto:)

I'm going to have to google what m&s mini chocolate pot is. I image it's a pot shapped chocolate :)

Hehe! It's like a little plastic shot glass full of chocolate mousse with a chocolate cookie crumb base and chocolate curls on top. Sooo nice as an occasional treat!

Today I went exactly 1 calorie over my daily limit and got hit with the Big Red Number on MFP. Naughty Plum! Another busy day today, really looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

Breakfast: porridge with cherries, strawberries and toasted hazelnuts

Lunch: Food Doctor pitta sandwich with turkey, lowfat swiss and salad, and a side salad

Snack: Nakd cashew cookie bar

Dinner: spelt spaghetti with courgettes (zucchini), riccota, basil, lemon and pinenuts, plus (bit naughty, this) 2 M&S smoked German frankenfurters - I'm kidding myself that they're not so junky because they're German and from M&S (yeah right! haha! :D )

(plus I like the chocolate pots because they come in a pack of 1 so you don't have to resist the leftover ones lurking about in the fridge!)

Food looks good, and those little M&S pots look yummy! Wish we had stuff like that here :)

Oh, I wish I hadn't googled Cali's link cos I know what the chocolate mini pots are and there on the site is the pannacotta - I'd actually forgotten about M and S pannacotta. It used to be my treat of the weak (pun intended :)). Just divine.

Cali, UK has the best supermarkets in the world. It's a scientific fact. I've done research :D

I forgot to mention, I had the funniest sort of compliment yesterday. My boss's boss sidled up to me (really decent chap who I get on well with, his wife has ME also) and in a quiet, worried tone of voice said 'you've lost loads of weight, have you been ok? have you been feeling really ill?'.

I turned bright red (I'm an easy blusher) and stammered out that well, no, actually, I'd been TRYING to lose weight, but that it was nice that it was apparently noticeable, so thank you very much, at which point he also turned bright red, stammered something and we both sort of turned on our heels and went our seperate ways. It still makes me giggle!

Oh Ashie, I'm so going to have to visit the UK oneday and go to the grocery stores hahaha :)

Congratulations Plum on the compliment :)

Back