Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Hi Plum, sorry to hear that work is giving you stress :( I hope things will get better soon.

I know it sounds bad, but I too prefer the stress that makes me not hungry :)

Thanks Cali. :) I have to admit it's starting to tip the other way now and my last box of wholewheat Kraft mac and cheese is starting to look awfully tempting...

You guys have kraft mac and cheese there!?! Wow! We don't have those here. I remember missing mac and cheese, and my guy had no clue. The first time I made mac and cheese for my guy and he loves it now. They sell quick macaroni which they eat without sauce. They usually eat it with ketchup on top. Seriously the kids are missing out here thinking macaroni with ketchup is yummy, they so need mac and cheese here :)

Nope we don't have it here, it's one I brought back. That's why it is the last box! :D

Macaroni and ketchup. Hmm. I might leave that one to the Swedish kids...

Ohhh ok, so it's the treasured last box of mac and cheese. You'll have to treasure each bite of it when you do eat it.

They eat the macaroni plain, butter to make the macaroni not stick, and then ketchup on top. The first time my guy served it to me I thought it was a joke. But then he was really serious that they ate it like that there, and I soon learned that they thought mac and cheese sounded weird >_<

Funny food day today, not really to schedule.

Breakfast: nutty seedy bread and olive spread

Lunch: franks and beans

Snack: garlic stuffed olives

Dinner: mozzarella salad, turkey and quinoa meatloaf, steamed veggies plus sparkling fruit drink with agave

Snack: tiny chocolate bar

Food sounds good as always :) Ohhh quinoa meatloaf sounds yummy and interesting. Post recipe please :)

I couldn't stop laughing when I read franks and beans, thanks to that movie "Something about Mary" I can never hear those words without being reminded of that scene in the movie.

Ops sorry, I didn't realize it was there >_<

That part of the movie is just way too funny.

Sooo naughty today! I had a donut! Not a mini doughnut, not a half donut, but a whole, actual donut. And it was slightly stale so it wasn't even that nice. What a waste of a donut's-worth of calories!

It's ok Plum tomorrow's a new day and a new start :)

Though I do hate it when I realize later that the calories or sin wasn't really that enjoyable:(

Yes I agree if I decide to have a treat I don't mind losing the calories but if it turns out to be not that nice then it's so not worth it! Never mind. I wasn't expecting much of a loss this week anyway after the weekend. :)

Missed breakfast today, was a bit stressed about work and just couldn't bother to figure out what I wanted or get anything together. Oops.

Snack: Nakd cashew cookie bar

Lunch: rocket and pasta salad with chicken, lowfat feta and olives plus lemony dressing

Snack-that-shall-not-be-spoken-of: yum yum donut, and one small brownie bite

Snack: oatcakes w/pb and apple butter

Dinner: turkey/quinoa meatloaf, steamed veggies, roasted sweet potato cubes

I went slightly over my calories today and should have done a tiny bit of cardio to bring the total back down but too tired!

Sorry that work is being stressful. I hope it will get better for you soon.

Your food today sounds pretty good. No worries about going over on the calories today. Some days we eat more and some days we eat less :)

Hmm. I know weigh-in tomorrow will bear no relation to what the scales say today... But the best I'm hoping for this week is a STS or small gain.

My main short term goal now is to reach a reliable 175lb before going away at the beginning of October. Fortunately I usually eat pretty well in Cyprus and after the water retention from the flight disappears sometimes even lose a lb!

It hasn't been a very good month, really. Hoping for an October kickstart to lose better between then and Christmas!

Hi Plum, I like your positive attitude, and I'm sure you will reach 175lbs before going to Cypress :)

I hate how the weight jumps up and down. Or if there is a weight number you want to hit, but for some reason it feels like it will never ever reach there. I know for awhile I couldn't break from 169, or 167ish, and I was really wanting to hit 165lbs. Took me about two months to finally hit it >_<

Back