Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Oh that's bad news on the work front! A STS will be a great result over the coming weeks.

:bighug:big hugs from me too Plum. What a mean thing to do, and even meaner just before Chrimbo. Bah humbug!! (Would like a rude gestured smilie just now too....)

Thank you ladies for the rallying words! It is not a redundancy situation but he is tired of having to deal with me. Fortunately for me there are processes he has to go through and there are still plenty of things I can do to try to stop him. :) So stressful but not as awful as it might be at the moment!

He's tired of dealing with you!?! Oh my, what a really nasty horrible person. I hope things don't go his way. I'm cheering for you to win Plum!

Horrid man. Thank goodness there are processes in place to stop people like him from exploiting the situation. Stay strong to fight your corner (cue Rocky music).

Thanks ladies. If I'm honest being strict about food has taken a bit of a back seat right now but I find that I make low GI choices by default anyway now so it's not been too bad! Mostly just trying to keep the stress from making my ME worse as that will just play into his hands!

Went to a Christmas party last night and there was a free fun photo booth there. Wish I hadn't as the camera was at about sternum height and I looked like a 6-chinned pudding! Had to keep reminding myself that at least I wasn't a 12-chinned pudding this year!

Ohhh cool fun photo booth! Plum I'm certain you aren't 6 chinned pudding. I'm sure you looked wonderful last night.

Good job on taking the lower GL options. I think it's great that even during the holiday season and the pressure you're under at work, you're still making good choices in food. I'm proud of you Plum!

Thank you Cali but I can assure you it wasn't good, heh. :)

Food today has been veeeery sketchy but on the plus side we've gotten into the freezer: Christmas eve chicken curry, boxing day lunch (tomato soup, will offer rolls/sarnies also but most are going ice skating after so don't want too much) and stuffing, red cabbage and swede/carrot mash for Christmas lunch. Our kitchen has been busy!

Food sounds good today Plum!

Well done on getting more of the food sorted for Christmas. It'll make life so much easier. Foodwise , all you can do is what you feel your body needs right now to cope.

It is certainly less stressful having plenty of time to get all the Christmas stuff ready!

Today has not been a good food day, I haven't been hungry. Had some kind of tummy upset yesterday though so maybe it just wanted a break today!

Hope the tum settles. Take care of yourself.

I hope you feel better. A funny tummy isn't fun at all >_<

I can tell I'm stressed by my eating pattern! Today I had nothing until lunch, when I had a small sandwich on wholemeal. Then nothing until dinner when I ate more than I wanted because it was on my plate! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Opportunity for naughtiness as we're having a potluck lunch (usually lots of crisps, soss rolls etc but I'm bringing a big pasta salad with lowfat mozzarella and tomato and olives, so can at least have a bit of that) and then I've a dinner out in the evening but fortunately at our local restaurant which does good dishes.

Then on Friday I've a Chinese buffet lunch, on Sunday we're somehow having our neighbours round for drinks (how did that happen? Wish I knew), and then it's into pre-Christmageddon countdown. I will be lucky not to put on 10lb in the next few days. Eek!

Oh it is a trial avoiding food these days!! Everywhere you turn there is something to tempt. All we can do is make some sensible choices and enjoy the rest!

That's really good to plan ahead and bring the salad with you. Sounds like you've got a really busy weekend ahead of you. I'm sure you'll do fine and still make some good low GL choices or better choices of the naughties.

I keep missing breakfast on work days. :(

Today wasn't as bad as it might have been. I had my first mince pie of the year to celebrate my boss telling me that he's decided not to act against me any more (for now anyway!). At lunch I mostly ate the pasta salad I brought, plus a mini sausage roll (evil pastry) and some sherry trifle (couldn't resist, my friend made it from scratch including proper custard with egg yolks). Tonight I had turkey meatballs and then a turkey dinner. I didn't eat the roasties or order pudding but I did have some juice.

So, not the best day, but when I think how much I would've eaten on a similar day last year it is an improvement!

Congratulations Plum on your boss not being a meanie. Talk about giving you unnecessary stress.

Ohh sausage rolls, mmm good. I haven't had some in ages.

Urgh. After yesterday's excess I put on 2lb overnight! I'm therefore being really naughty and putting off weighin to tomorrow just in case some of it magically disappears again! Well, it is Christmastime!

Back