Plunge taken...

Drink drink drink... water thats is that'll help!

Love the pic. xx

cheerz linzi, it's easy to forget about the water - especially when it's so cold - just started having it warm from the kettle which helps

Dinner was v tasty - loved the crunchy porkrinds, and creamy veggies... trouble is, now i feel sick, properly sick!!

Is that guilt induced from years of anti-fat conditioning, or something to do with it being induction day 3? or both i wonder?

This may be crunch time...

cheerz linzi, it's easy to forget about the water - especially when it's so cold - just started having it warm from the kettle which helps

Dinner was v tasty - loved the crunchy porkrinds, and creamy veggies... trouble is, now i feel sick, properly sick!!

Is that guilt induced from years of anti-fat conditioning, or something to do with it being induction day 3? or both i wonder?

This may be crunch time...

I hope it's not crunch time literally - step away from the carrot!! ;)

lol - would you believe my fella had cooked carrots- they were waiting for me when i got home from work - managed to resist tho.

PMSL! Of all the things to fixate on! Could it be Atkins flu/going into ketosis that's making you feel ill Lorna? Hope it goes soon anyway.

had another litre of warm water. feeling better
I cant believe how much i'm drinking, not visiting the loo any more frequently than usual - but i'm drinking 3 times more...where does it all go?

It will catch up with you, stay off the scales though as that may not be good until your body gets used to what it is doing and resets its levels.......................

i'm sooooo hungry - going to bed early in case i cave in and gorge on that massive bag of carrots!!! I'm gonna have to dump it

you shouldnt be hungry - should have had a boiled egg or something.
no to the carrots.
and dont be giving in trust me a couple of days you will feel fab xxx

Morning Lorna.

Cheers Vicky - went to bed starving, awoke even more starving. Bought a snack bag of pepperami, and some mini babybell - handy

Day 4
Breakfast
25g phili, 20g pate, 50g cucumber, 1 stick celery, 2 slice bacon, 50g mushrooms

snack
chicken,peperami,cheese

I gave the carrots to my motherinlaw this AM - so i'm not thinking about them any more..
Feel a bit washed out today - tired, lightheaded, weak...is that normal?
Still motivated however, even tho husband says i'm being daft

Morning Flutter, Morning Jim

Can I ask why yr weighing yr proteins? You need to eat... the best way to make yrself feel better is by eating yrself into ketosis & that means filling up on all the low/no carb proteins.

It will also help you get in ketosis quickly & avoid a prolonged time of Atkins flu which is what it sounds like you have. xx

Don't be scared of eating on this woe... it really does work promise!

yes that is normal hon - stick with it though.
do you like boiled eggs? sausages? get some cooked and keep em in the fridge for when you are hungry, remember there is no limit on protein so some chicken legs cooked are always handy too x

Yes, same as above, Lorna - eat as much protein as you want (and ignore the hubby - just look at some of the amazing stats here to see how well people have done).

Sx

And don't let your husband tease you - bring him on and show him some pictures of your Atkins people!

Lots of people are freaked out by this way of eating. Because we're always programmed to eat low fat, the idea of eating fat on purpose frightens people. I've had so many people tell me that I'm being unhealthy, but I've lost 52 pounds... would I be healthier 52 pounds heavier, eating my weight in chocolate every day? I don't think so.

I still have to laugh at you and your carrots... most of us have to hide chocolate or crisps those first few days, and you've fixated on carrots. You make me smile :)

Hang in there! And don't go hungry!

(and just being nosy... what kind of pate are you eating? What's the carb count? I'm not normally a pate fan, but am always looking for things for a quick meal)

Glad to have you with us :)

Aldi duck and port pate is only about 1.7 for half the pack

Back