Plunge taken...

I've had so many people tell me that I'm being unhealthy, but I've lost 52 pounds

That is such a fab loss Sera - funny the impact losing weight has on other people, isn't it? An old friend rang last night and when I told her I'd lost 32lbs, she was really shocked (but happy for me):) I think people get an image in their head and find it difficult to change it. Bad luck for them :D

That is such a fab loss Sera - funny the impact losing weight has on other people, isn't it? An old friend rang last night and when I told her I'd lost 32lbs, she was really shocked (but happy for me):) I think people get an image in their head and find it difficult to change it. Bad luck for them :D

Yeah, I know...but it works both ways too. My cousin in Canada had gastric bypass last year - she was 4'11" and about 350lbs. Now she is about 110lbs. I wouldn't have recognised her if I passed her on the street - it wasn't until she smiled and talked that it felt like her. But when I think of her, I still see her bigger version in my mind. If we saw each other more often, that would probably change.

I think that initially people are intimidated by a dramatic weight loss in someone they know. People sometimes need to be reassured, that their newly slim, confident and fabulous friend isn't going to move on leave them behind.

Pate: tesco, brussels carb:3g/100g

I had some m&s pate the other day and although I can't remember the values it was ok carb wise too.
Glad things are going well Lorna ok have a limpet like daughter clutching my trouser leg better go!!

Make it Lisa - you can make really really low carb stuff very easily (sure I put a recipe on the recipe thread a few weeks back)! Ten minute job, seriously.

Morning Lorna,

Hi Jim, i'm home sick today - feel rotten - sore throat, headache, lethargic...Atkins flu or actual flu?

Oh dear sounds like a bit of both. I got flu when i had atkins flu too. horrid, but please get through it. big hugs xxx

That sounds like real flu to me Lorna, there is some **** flying around at the moments.

It's Day 17, i'm half a stone lighter and not a morsel of chocolate, biscuit, cake, bread etc has past my lips - except for the pastry i was testing when making mince pies for my son's school - and even then i spat it out after chewing!!!!??

Cant believe how unhungry i am in comparason to before - i definately think that Atkins suit's me.
I'm not losing as much weight as quickly as some people tho, but that's ok, as long as it's coming off.

I've discovered MIMs - brilliant, i have mine with some mixed spice and splenda with butter on- fantastic.

I would like to thank everyone who has given me help and encouragement, especially Jim the font of Atkins knowledge, and Vicky who poached me from the SW forum xxx

Merry Christmas Folks
:dancing_snowman:

Hi Lorna, good news there love, slow loss is sustainable loss in my book.

Vicky who poached me from the SW forum xxx
yey :)
well done you. i do hope you are enjoying the food and losing weight. happy days xxxx

hey Jim, good morning and happy solstice for yesterday, hard to believe given the weather, but the days will be getting longer now, roll on springtime x

yes, I like the solstice as well Lorna, happy longer days, I hope we get to vote on not changing the clocks back next year.

Is it snowing near you, It's really coming down here in Perry barr.

Back