• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

PLUS ONE POUND..........WHAAAAATTT??

Amonius

Ok end of my third day, and I thought I would have a sneaky peek at the scales, I know I should wait but curiosity killed the cat and all that, and after three days I have put on a pound, I mean I know it takes times, not eaten for three days, only had the shakes and plus one pound............surly the food I had in my belly thats now gone should at least count for a tiny loss by now!!! Or am I being too unrealistic, just finding it hard and wish I never stood on those bloomin scales........:sigh: you live and learn...:confused:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

bubbles<3

DONT PANIC!!! I have seen SO many posts like this - its water!! Weigh yourself in the morning and sit back and smile!!! All of that water that you have been glugging today weighs quite a bit, dont feel all is lost - I would bet my life that you are down a few lbs in the morning. Go and stand on the scales with a big bottle of water and see what happens!! The same goes for your WI day - always best to weigh at the same time every week and pref the morning when you are empty... if u went one morning emoty and weighed 4lb then you could easily go up 3 or 4 purely on water in ya belly and body!!
wait till the morning and let us know how you get on - bet you will be smiling!! :) I am on day 3 at the end and had lost 6lb this mornign, if I weighed now there would be NO WAY ON EARTH it would be reading the same! :) x

TracyAnne

Take the battery out of your scales and wait till official weigh in. The numbers will be good as you are sticking to it 100%. Don't sneak peaks because of the water levels etc. not worth the upset.
Keep positive as you can not have gained if you are being true.
x x x

vickster1

I am at the end of day 2! I know how u feel about weighing yourself but going to try not too. I am back at work on Tuesday so should take my mind of Food! X

Amonius

Ill have one more sneaky peak in the morning and let you guys know, then its of with the batteries me thinks :D Thanks Bubbles a bit calmer now and will sleep a lot better now (if not starving :p) And Vickster kep up the good work ;)

TracyAnne

Well done you
x x x

Amonius

Thanks peeps! :D:D:D soooo happy, but feeling woosy :S I'm sure it will pass, me thinks it maybe due to lack of sleep more than anything else :p

losit

hey,
Just have patience, you mainly lose fluid in the first week and this can happen nearly over night, so resist the urge to weigh more than once a week and hang in there, it'll happen. x

Amonius

will do, finding it really hard at the moment, for some reason today I just feel darn rough :p Hopefully I will feel better after a good nights sleep :)

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
you are drinking your water throughout the day and not all at once and not too much...2 litres (approx. 4 pints) is what is recommended.

On a vlcd like this your blood pressure drops so take it easy getting up from a chair or your bed.

The first week is tough as it does take a while for your body to adjust to a new diet and not over do things...you probably will be in ketosis tomorrow...fingers crossed you feel better tomorrow.