Plus sized and pregnant!

Hi. There's an excellent website Plus-Size Pregnancy Website Cover Page which really cuts through some of the myths and prejudice you may face due to being over weight and pregnant. You should discuss your own hospitals 'policy' regarding birth so that you can make sure you have the birth 'you' want, not the birth they want you to have or may bully you into simply because you're over weight.
Symphesis pubis disorder, (SPD) can affect anyone, any pregnancy. I have just supported a size 8 lady through her second pregnancy and she could hardly walk due to the pain from her pelvis. Push for support with this after the birth - if you're in pain make sure you are able to see someone who can help you. Physio is generally crap, osteopathy is very very good...
Any healthy eating programme is great during pregnancy, I don't know why your midwife feels she needs to monitor this. You know how you feel, you must know what's healthy and what's not and you must over eat at the mo' to be overweight so cutting down will make bot all difference to the baby. Pregnancy has always been an excuse for me to go on diet rebound - blimey, I certainly regret it now!!!
Anyway, I'm rambling on here.
Prejudice of high BMI during pregnancy really annoys me. There's no reason you can't loose weight if you can get your head round doing it... you go girl!!
Lots of love...

Fay

Well i gained 31lbs during this pregnancy! Ended up having to have a c-section on the 23rd of December (as baby was breech) & as of the Saturday just gone (3rd Jan) I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight!!! WOOHOO! I'm still big and have a lot to lose but getting rid of the whole 31lbs in 11 days since giving birth is an awesome start!

congratulations hun. What with the 31lbs loss and a gorgeous new baby you must be flying. What a wonderful Christmas gift xx

Congratulations again xx

Thanks hun - Christmas was mad! Had the section on the 23rd, was out of hospital by 1.30 the following afternoon! I still can't quite believe its all happened!

Hi Irene - had a little boy named Oliver - weighing in at 8lbs 14!

I know! I was soooo lucky! To be honest i shouldn't have been getting out until Christmas Day evening at the very earliest - but i'd heard before i went in that the sooner you're up and about the more likely they are to discharge you - so no sooner had my drip come out, i was up and out of bed - i had absolutely no intention of staying in any longer than i had to (i hate hospitals). To be honest the section wasn't half as bad as i thought it was going to be though.

I was 13 stone 7 when i fell pregnant with my first and fell pretty much the first night we were unprotected, with my second i was 15 stone (approx) and fell just as quickly. With my third i weighed 17 stone 3 but then it took us a few months to conceive.
I think it varies greatly from person to person though

Back