Pogle's food diary

*Pogle*

I've been following SW for almost 2 weeks now, and it seems to be going okay, but I figured that keeping a diary on here might help me to stay on track!
I am doing mostly green days - my partner is vegetarian, and although I am not, I can't be doing with cooking 2 different meals every night, so I pretty much am now too. I do sneak a bit of meat/fish in every now and then though, when he isn't around!

Righto then, todays menu was/is...

Breakfast -
2 slices nimble wholemeal bread (HEB-1)
2 poached eggs
2 satsumas

Lunch -
Activia Fat Free Yoghurt
Alpen light bar (HEB-2)
apple

Afternoon Snack -

2 more satsumas (I do love 'em!) and some grapes

Dinner will be -
SW Syn Free Cheesy topped Bangers and Mash pie (cheese in mash topping - HEA-1)
Cauliflower, brocolli, carrots & peas
Gravy - 2.5 syns
240ml Red Wine - 8.5 Syns

Probably followed by some fruit, and the second of my HEB Alpen lights.

Just realised that I've not had any Syns yet today (I am aiming to use 10+ a day atm). So I might have a nice glass of Red with my dinner :D

edited to add...

The SW Bonfire night Bangers and cheesy mash pie went down very well with both OH and I :drool: and I am currently savouring my glass of red wine (never before have I drunk wine so slowly!)

Both the pie and the veg portions were HUGE - I think I got about half way through before I admitted defeat lol - gotta love SW ;)

Last edited:
I'm taking advantage of being able to do red days for a change over the next few days - haven't tried any of the other plans since starting on green, so we shall see how it goes!

RED day

Breakfast -
2 slices nimble wholemeal bread (HEb-1)
2 poached eggs
2 satsumas
Fat Free Yoghurt

Lunch -
Banana (we're house hunting atm, and I was running around all day looking at houses - this was all I could grab on the go!)

Afternoon Snack - Alpen light bar (3 Syns as planning to use second HEb for a few chips later)

Dinner -
Seared tuna steak, with homemade salsa, a few SW chips (HEb-2) and lots of salad - yum!
Vinaigrette dressing on salad - 3 Syns
Probably followed by some fruit, as I haven't eaten as much fruit as I normally do so far today!

HEa - skimmed milk in tea (I don't measure it, but as I only drink about 2/3 cups of tea a day, so I know it's less than 350ml!)

6 Syns in total so far

Last edited:
Another RED day today

Breakfast -

Mullerlight
Banana

Lunch -

Left over tuna steak (it was so big I cut a bit off before I cooked it last night, and saved it for lunch today - nom)
Lots of salad
Small amount of vinaigrette dressing 3 Syns

Afternoon Snack -

Fresh fruit salad - mostly pineapple and melon - double nom!

Dinner (will be, haven't cooked it yet) -

Baked Cod w/lemon and herbs
Few boiled potatoes - HEB1
Superfree veggies - cauliflower, brocolli, carrots etc

apple, plum, fat free yoghurt
White Choc Weetabix Oaty bar - 3.5 Syns
1 x boiled sweet that I stole from OH :rolleyes: - 1 Syn

Milk in tea - HEa

Total Syns so far - 7.5 Syns

I did 20 mins of EA sports active on the wii first thing this morning, and another 40 odd minutes on Wii Fit this afternoon too.

Second WI tomorrow - fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
WI this morning - lost another 3lb this week :bliss:

The mister isn't about tonight either, so another red day I think :)

Breakfast -

2 x weetabix - HEb-1
fat free yoghurt

Morning Snack -

2 x Satsumas

Lunch -

Fresh fruit salad
1 x Alpen Light bar - HEb-2
Fat free yoghurt

Afternoon Snack -

Tiny bag of sweets - 4 Syns
Fun Size bag of Maltesers - 4.5 Syns (thought I deserved a little treat after the weigh in :p)

Dinner -

Haddock and Spinach Cheesey Melt (made with Quark and small amount of low-fat cheddar - HEa-1)
Steamed veg - green beans, carrots, cauliflower, brocolli

Will also be having the second Alpen Light from my HEb allowance, and fruit.

Syns so far - 8.5

Last edited:
Ooooh, I seem to have forgotten that I started a food diary on here :eek: Ooopsie. Oh well, no entries for a good few weeks, but I have keeping my off-line food diary up to date, and have been on-plan 99.9% of the time, so its all good ;)

I had a hospital appointment at 1.40pm today, which I'd planned around, so I'd have a brunch type affair in the morning, then take a small lunch with me (fruit, cereal bars), to eat once I got there/whilst I was waiting for my turn. But the appointment was then cancelled at the last minute (although they did manage to call me before I left the house thankfully!), so rather than eat what I was going to take with me, I ended up having a late second lunch around 3pm, and ate what I was planning to have for my tea :cool: So I've mostly stuck to my plan, it's just my dinner became lunch, my lunch became my snacks, and I had an extra bowl of super-speed soup lol. (Mostly stuck to my plan... who am I trying to kid? :crazy:) At least it was all on plan anyway!

Green day -

Breakfast/brunch -
4 x satsumas (why is it impossible to eat just one or two?)
1 pear
1 apple
1 Alpen light bar (part HEB)

lunch -
leftover vegetable and pasta cheesey bake (HEA) & veggies

Afternoon snack -
1 pear
1 apple
1 alpen light bar (part HEB)

Dinner -
Super Speed Soup (nom! I'm starting to think that I am addicted to this now - this was the 3rd batch I've made in as many weeks, and it seems to make at least 10 portions a time... Perfect for winter lunches though!)
Options Hot Chocolate made with splash of skimmed milk - (part HEA + 2 syns)
Evening Snack -
Fresh fruit salad (melon & pineapple)
2 more Options Hot Chocolates made with spash of skimmed milk - (part HEA + 4 syns)

So, that is 2 HEAs (well, 2 part HEA's - neither using the full allowance!), 1 HEB, and 6 syns so far. It'll be a late one tonight, (Tuesdays always are, as OH doesn't get in til about half midnight, and won't want to go to bed straightaway - we'll be up til about 1.30/2am I expect) so might fit my second HEB or a few more syns in still, but I doubt it.

So, today was another Green Day...

Skimmed milk in tea throughout day - HEA1

Breakfast -
2 x satsumas
1 x apple
Alpen Light bar (HEB1)

Snack -
2 x satsumas

Lunch -
Super-speed soup

Snack -
Apple
Alpen Light bar (other half of HEB1)

Dinner -
Vegetable Stir Fry:
Veggies (red pepper/mushrooms/brocolli/water chestnuts/bamboo shoots)
Amoy straight to wok medium noodles (2 syns)
Homemade stir fry sauce, made with sweet chilli dipping sauce (1 syn), sweet soy sauce (1.5 syns), chilli, spring onions, chinese 5 spice, and toasted sesame seeds (HEB2)

Evening snack -

1 x pear
2 x satsumas
1 x Oatybix bar (3.5 syns)
Options Hot Chocolate with splash of skimmed milk from HEA1 (2 syns)

That is 1 HEA, 2 HEB's, and 10 syns so far.

Last edited:
Forgot to update this thread yesterday, but this was how it looked...

Green day

350ml skimmed milk - (HEA1)

Breakfast -
2 x Weetabix (HEB1)
2 x satsumas

Morning snack -
apple
Alpen Light Bar (3)

Lunch -
Small bit of leftover veg and pasta cheesey bake - starting to think this is never going to be finished lol (4 syns, as using 2nd HEA later)

Afternoon snack -
2 x satsumas

Dinner -
Tuna Pasta Bake - (HEB2, HEA2, and 1)

Evening Snack -
Options white hot chocolate (2)
- assumed that I would love this, as I adore white choc normally, but was really disappointed by it. Hey ho.
Melon
Fresh pineapple

So, that was all my healthy extras, and 10 syns.

Yesterday was another Green Day...

350ml of Skimmed Milk throughout day (HEA1)

Breakfast -
2 x Weetabix (HEB1)
2 x Satsumas

Lunch -
Super-speed soup

Afternoon Snack -
Pear
2 x Alpen Lights (HEB2)

Evening Snack -
I actually ended up eating my evening snack before my dinner, because OH was SO late home from work :(
Melon
Pineapple
Options Hot Chocolate - (2)

Dinner -
Vegetarian 3 Bean Chilli w/bulgar
Brown rice
Large glass of red wine - (8.5)

Extra Evening Snack -
2 x M&S Organic Chocolate Coins - had to guess syns slightly, but overestimated, so should be okay! (4.5)
2 x apples
42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA2)

So that was 2 of each HEAs and HEBs, and 15 Syns. Ended up being a very confused day, with meals in the wrong order entirely and extra evening snacks, but all on plan, so not too bad overall!

Gah - haven't kept this thread up for ages again! Mostly because of going away over Christmas etc. to be fair though.

Anyway, back into menu planning, and posting my food diary on here again now :)

I did manage a good Christmas at least - lost 1.5lbs over Christmas week itself, and then another 2lbs yesterday, which got me my 1 stone shiny - huzzah! :D

So. This weeks meal planner is mostly green... with today being the only exception. OH is out tonight, so I get to have a bit of meat. Although I had so little I could have called it a green day, with the chicken as a HEB!

Monday - Quorn Sausage and bean pie
Tuesday - Chicken Salsina

Wednesday - Tuna Bolognaise (HEA), (HEB) &
(1)
Thursday - 3 Bean Chilli w/brown rice
Friday - North African Chickpea Curry
Saturday - Spicy Bean and Sausage Casserole
Sunday - Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie

04/01/11 - EXTRA EASY DAY

350ml of skimmed milk throughout the day - HEA

Breakfast -
2 x weetabix (HEB)
Sweet Chilli Philidelphia (3)
Clementine

Mid Morning Snack -
apple
pear

Lunch -
Super Speed Soup

Mid Afternoon Snack -
Tesco Cranberry Cereal Bar (OH bought these by mistake, so figured I'd try one - won't be bothering again ;)) (4)
apple

Dinner -
Chicken Salsina (haven't had this since before I moved in with OH - I had totally forgotten how delicious it is! Was very pleased to realise it was Syn free, and chock full of superfree veggies too!)

Evening Snack - not sure yet. Probably fruit, and possibly an options hot choc or two as well, seeing as I have 8 Syns left to use up!

05/01/11 - GREEN DAY

350ml of skimmed milk throughout the day - (HEA1)

Breakfast -
2 x weetabix (HEB1)
Sweet Chilli Philidelphia (3)

Mid Morning Snack -
apple

Lunch -
Super Speed Soup

Mid Afternoon Snack -
apple

Dinner -
Tuna Bolognaise sprinkling of cheese - (HEB2), (HEA2) & (0)
I was expecting this to have at least 1 Syn per portion (it usually works out that it does), but todays batch didn't - mostly because I'd run out of tomato puree, and didn't have an open bottle of wine, so didn't add a splosh or two!

Evening Snack - Still have 12 Syns left to use today, so will probably 'spend' some of them on a cereal bar, and a hot chocolate
... dunno about the rest of them though :sigh:
Don't know why I am struggling to use them at the mo - seems a bit mad! Oh well!

Back