point friendly tried and tested soups?

Lucy_B

Silver Member
New to WW and have tried making point friendly soups without the normal cream etc
anyone got any tried and tested recipes that i could give a go as mine havent been the best
many thanks
Lucy

Im on the look out formzero pointed soups at the moment!

I had the tomato and basil soup from Aldi today at only 89p and 5pp you're laughing!!
Was delish too!!!

Yea so don't purée up 500g of parsnips into a Zero point soup. Because its not 0 points. Its 9! Bad times!!!

What I cooked today

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To: just me

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]............................................................................................................................[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Recipes
Chargrilled Aubergine Soup

ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc

ProPoints[SUP]®[/SUP] value | 1
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 35 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

light meals | Chargrilled aubergines give added depth and interest to the flavour of this unusual soup.

Ingredients

• 1 medium Aubergine, sliced
  • 5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
  • 1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
  • 3 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
  • 175 g Mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable, make up with hot water 1.2 litres (2 pints) - use 2 stock cubes if desired
  • 1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoons Coriander, Dried
  • 1/2 teaspoons Cumin, Ground
  • 100 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat
  • 1 pinch Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper

Instructions

• Preheat a chargrill pan or the put the grill on high. Spray the aubergine slices with low fat cooking spray. Chargrill or grill them until lightly browned. Chop roughly.
  • Mist a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray, then cook the aubergine over a low heat with the onion, garlic and mushrooms until softened - about 3-4 minutes.
  • Add the vegetable stock, chopped fresh coriander, ground coriander and cumin. Partially cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
  • Add half of the low fat soft cheese to the mixture, then puree the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste and reheat. Serve, garnished with the remaining soft cheese and some ground pepper.

Cook's Tip: For vegans, omit the low fat soft cheese.
OK so my grill didn't work....and I haven't a blender.... and I forgot the cheese....

and it turned out

delish

I'll sure make it again

[/FONT]

oooh errrr. Will have to give it a go if it got the thumbs up.
I've been boiling a butternut squash all evening to make soup for lunch tomorrow and can't find the flipping blender jug anywhere.
Butternut squash casserole it is.

Back