kazt

I'm really sorry if this is a super stupid question but I'm doing it online and don't know who else to ask

My points allowance is 29 - am I going to loose weight if I stick to that basic amount ? Do most peeps save their weekly 'buffer' amount (weekly points) also I'm exercising hard at the mo and am not sure how to add allowance in for this as I am much hungrier on the days after resistance training and struggle to keep to my allocated points

Any advice would b much, much appreciated

Kaz t
X

Most people I know do use their weekly points too-either by having them at the weekend or a few extra each day for treats.

I think there is a section on the online tracker to input your exercise and it works out your activity points-it's up to you if you eat these or not, but sounds like you need to either use them or some of your weeklies if you are struggling on exercise days

I'm doing it online too Kaz. I try not to use my buffer points unless going out for a meal and even then, I try to eat low/no point meals for the rest of the day. I've never used more than 30 of them in one week. I earn between 50 and 60 activity points per week but have never touched them. I calculate them because I get a kick out of trying to beat the previous weeks total. My dog used to have legs like a great dane but now she's more like a jack russell.:D
You can add your activity points to your tracker. You can access the activity tracker by clicking on the activity option when logged in to the WW homepage or by clicking the activity tab when on the food tracker. Also, on the left side of the window when looking at your tracker, there is a calculator for food points but there is also a tab on the calculator for activity points if your particular activity is not listed. It gives options for intensity.

Good luck.

melteaser said:
I'm doing it online too Kaz. I try not to use my buffer points unless going out for a meal and even then, I try to eat low/no point meals for the rest of the day. I've never used more than 30 of them in one week. I earn between 50 and 60 activity points per week but have never touched them. I calculate them because I get a kick out of trying to beat the previous weeks total. My dog used to have legs like a great dane but now she's more like a jack russell.:D
You can add your activity points to your tracker. You can access the activity tracker by clicking on the activity option when logged in to the WW homepage or by clicking the activity tab when on the food tracker. Also, on the left side of the window when looking at your tracker, there is a calculator for food points but there is also a tab on the calculator for activity points if your particular activity is not listed. It gives options for intensity.

Good luck.

Now that I've read it correctly Sticking to daily propoints will result in weight loss but the bonus being the exercise acquired points and the extra extra bonus being the weekly buffer amounts brilliant. Am doing good with daily points - p90x programme exercising at the moment thinking about doing some turbofire exercising in the am. Delighted with propoints plan - feel like am finally getting in control!

Kaz

Completely baffled by your exercise regime Kaz? What exactly do you do? Is it at the gym?

Lol They're beachbody products - husband was doing p90x and got super buff in 90 days and turbofire is from same makers both high intensity cardio resistance workouts - there's also one called insanity...

Right. Sounds intense :eek:
Think I'll stick with shortening my dogs legs.:)

Lol, it is fairly hardcore Malteaser :p

You're doing great on your weight loss journey !

I've refrained from weighing in, resisting tempation from daily jump onto scales. Its only my first week on WW so am not sure how its going to go. It will give me a good idea of where to 'tweak' points if anything, not the best week to start it was also T.O.M.

I think exercise is the catalyst when it comes to a healthy eating regime (not using 'diet word' brain can't cope with it :eek:) it triggers the chain reaction of weight loss (thats what I keep telling myseslf when sweat is dripping off end of nose) and putting up with puppy who bites end of nose when I lean forwards doing yoga :D

I'd forgotten to add activity points for dog walking! We've got a loopy springer spaniel puppy and an equally loopy 4 year old JR terrier! They need walking at least twice daily for about 30 mins otherwise they go uber-hyper-er. Ah the joys of dog ownership :)

Kaz

lol. I'd agree about the exercise. I've done 'eating regimes' before and though they have been successful, not this successful. I think the increased walking is helping. I have 2 pooches. The one who is encouraging me to get out is an 18 month old westie x jack. She sits, stares and woofs at me to tell me it's time for a workout. No getting away with it!
Our other dog is a 16ish year old lab x staffie, he was a rescue dog who came to me aged 18 months or thereabouts. He's very shaky on his legs these days and can't manage to go far.

For my 1st 2 months of regime, TOTM made no difference. I still had good losses regardless of where my cycle was. Mind you, my cycle was thrown out, I assume by the weight loss. I was late and lighter then I was early and heavier! Now my system is settling down into the new routine, it all seems to be returning to normal with lots of water retention and not such a good result on the scales.

What day is weigh in? Good luck with it

Hi malteaser - Weighed in today (gave in) is supposed to be tomorrow and It looks like a nice 2lbs loss this week woohoo! I'm really chuffed. Whats your weigh in day?

My puppy is in the naughty corner today lol - he's discovered that the tall shiny thing in the kitchen (aka the bin) is full of delightful snacks! Hopefully hubby is taking him swimming today that usually knocks him out for the day. They're harder work than the kids !

Did my biceps and back routine last night that was hard. It's yoga x tonight - I like that workout :0)

Having strawberries, Nana's, bran flakes with a ww yoghurt chucked over ...mightee fine for 4 points

Hope you're doing good

Kaz
X

Well done!
Weigh in day for me is Monday. I've challenged myself to 5lbs this month on the June goals forum topic. Hoping to achieve it though will be surprised at any loss this week. I succumbed to Dominoes pizza mid-week after a stressful evening. My pup was attacked by another dog when walking to the inlaws. She wasn't injured but I obviously found it upsetting. I was still all of a dither when we got home so we ended up picking up a pizza...the shop is at the bottom of our street. totm is imminent too so full of water at the mo. Hope it all disappears in time for Monday!
Then the rest of the month should be plain sailing despite a 2 week trip to our bolthole in SW France.

Can't compare dogs to kids - we have none. It never ceases to amaze me just how intelligent some dogs can be!

Hey malteaser hope youre okay - it's frightening when another dog goes for yours. A jr terrier had a go at our puppy a few weeks ago and the owner said oh she's got dominance issues! okaaaay so you think it's a good idea to let her off the leash so she can go round 'dominating' other dogs.

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in your buffer points should cover you for the 'pizza' incident lol.

I think I might join you in the setting myself a challenge target amount for each month - it's a great idea!

I think my weight loss is going to b a slow progress (hypothyroid too so crap metabolism - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) but I'll aim for 1.5 to 2lbs a week :0)

Kaz
X

I lost 1lb. Would have preferred 2 but hey ho. It's better off than on!

When do you weigh in? Good luck with it!

Hi melteaser

1lbs is still a good loss! Well done.

I had a 2 lbs loss this week weighed in on Sunday am. Worked hard at AP's this week - I know it's the only way I'll get good results. Delighted with weightwatchers so far - feel much more in control, no guessing! And I can still have my Friday night bottle of plonk :0)

A getaway in France sounds wonderful ! It's so nice to have s change of scenery.

Kaz
X

Think it's going to b a STS for me. Needs to think about some major tweaking
:0/

Better than a gain but fristrating!
Did you measure your waist etc. when you started? You might find you have lost there if not on the scales.
I'm tempted to take my scales with me when we go away. It's home from home so not a holiday in the true sense of the word. We have some down there but they are not very accurate and had me nearly a stone lighter when we were there in March! Nice to see but not good for consistency on the tracker. lol. Mind you, I managed t lose 2lb per week last time we were there even though I couldn't weigh properly. Perhaps I'll leave them at home.

Hi melteaser,

Yep - weight is static (I'm going to have to banish scales from bathroom) mind you been doing a fair bit of weightlifting I'm hoping it's muscle lol. No movement on the measurements either? Will try even harder next week - not sure how tho - I'm sure I'm under points. Oh well - it's better STS than going up!

Bathroom scales r a nightmare aren't they - I've just got rid of a new set cause they were weighing me heavy lol! I'd gone to boots to check I wasn't going mad(er) bought new scales which are more favourable :0)

Hope you have a great weekend

Karen
X

Maybe if you are not eating all your points (I'm talking dailies not weeklies) you are not eating enough? x

Hi melteaser

Never thought of that - off to do some recalculating lol

Weight is being frustratingly sticky. Had a rubbish week exercising aswell. My younger sister has MS and is in the middle of a relapse so I've been helping out over at my mum and dads. She's started on steroids so is on the mend thankfully :0)

Planning to get back on track this week.

Karen
X

Hope all resumes to normal soon.
Not happy with the WW site this morning. Really annoyed!!!

Back