Polenta Dumpling Recipe Please

I found a couple which I had copied from here some time ago. Hope they help.

I make it up as per the packet instructions, only using half stock and half water, and adding some garlic and herb shaker (scwartz), salt and pepper. When cooked I use a dessert spoon to scoop and shape them, and place on a plate. When they are all cooled, I refridgerate them so they are set well, then add them to the stew about 30 mins before serving.

Polenta dumplings

200g polenta
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat 600ml water in a large pan until simmering. Pour in the polenta, season and stir well with a wooden spoon. Cook for about minutes or until the polenta thickens. Tip onto a plate and leave until cool enough to handle.</SPAN>
Use your hands to shape the warm polenta into 8 'dumplings'. Place on top of the casserole. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 3 hours.</SPAN>

***POLENTA DUMPLINGS***
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup polenta (not quick-cooking) or yellow cornmeal
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta. Whisk over medium-low heat until very thick, about 2 minutes. Drop 6 large spoonfuls of the polenta into the stew and cover. Cook until the polenta dumplings are set and the sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.

are these nice? i thought yesterday about making a beef cobbler and wanted a low syn scone but didnt think yoghurt would work.

Back