• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Polenta porridge/custard style dessert.

S: 12st4lb C: 10st0lb G: 9st13lb Loss: 2st4lb(18.6%)
Hi,
I know it sounds gross - polenta porridge! :eek: But it's actually really nice.
If you like semolina then you'll love this.

Place 9 tbsp of sk.milk or water into a pan. When nearly boiling take off of the heat and stir in 1 tbsp of sweetner and 2 tbsp of polenta. Stir constantly!
Return to heat - keep stirring and it will start to thicken up. Remove form heat and voila - Polenta porridge.

It also tastes GREAT with an options sachet mixed in (1-2 syns)

Last night i had 1/2 a toffee options sachet with polenta porridge and a sliced banana. YUM YUM.
kerry.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

chellxx

S: 15st5lb C: 12st7.8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 2st11.2lb(18.23%)
Hi, great idea i am eating this now. great way to use the silly amount of polenta i had left after making the syn free muffins.

i used more water than you said and more sweetner and added 1/2 a choc highlights it is so nice and i have never liked semolina. i'v been craving a hot pudding, i had it with sliced banana as well.
its really hit the spot.
was thinking it would be nice with vanilla essence so it could be used as custard replacement on a green day.
thankyou for posting

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
Sounds nice! Will have to try it!

frugal fifer

Silver Member
S: 19st1lb C: 13st6lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 5st9lb(29.59%)
last night I really needed something stodgy and I had not had my milk allowance. I heated up my milk with sweetner and added cous cous and almond extract, it was delicious with a spoonful of low sugar jam stirred through - stodgy and comforting just what I needed.

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
last night I really needed something stodgy and I had not had my milk allowance. I heated up my milk with sweetner and added cous cous and almond extract, it was delicious with a spoonful of low sugar jam stirred through - stodgy and comforting just what I needed.
great idea!

S: 17st6lb C: 17st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 40.8 Loss: 0st6lb(2.46%)
Definately going to try this, as I love semolina so hpe that I will love this. Think I am going to try adding some defrosted forest fruits to it when it's ready for some extra zing !

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Just in case anyone is going to try this I'm pretty sure that polenta is no longer syn free.

Yep - just checked and it is now 5 syns for 28g.

*honey

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 0st13.5lb(8.33%)
I liked the sound of this............ i have had polenta loads in various recipes from old SW cookbooks.............. why suddenly is it now synned???

Think i am just going to keep believing its free! for years it was and hadnt caused any problems!

S: 15st5lb C: 14st11lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 31.5 Loss: 0st8lb(3.72%)
got all excited when i saw this till i saw it wasn't free any more :(