Polenta porridge/custard style dessert.

redkat

Hi,
I know it sounds gross - polenta porridge! :eek: But it's actually really nice.
If you like semolina then you'll love this.

Place 9 tbsp of sk.milk or water into a pan. When nearly boiling take off of the heat and stir in 1 tbsp of sweetner and 2 tbsp of polenta. Stir constantly!
Return to heat - keep stirring and it will start to thicken up. Remove form heat and voila - Polenta porridge.

It also tastes GREAT with an options sachet mixed in (1-2 syns)

Last night i had 1/2 a toffee options sachet with polenta porridge and a sliced banana. YUM YUM.
kerry.

Hi, great idea i am eating this now. great way to use the silly amount of polenta i had left after making the syn free muffins.

i used more water than you said and more sweetner and added 1/2 a choc highlights it is so nice and i have never liked semolina. i'v been craving a hot pudding, i had it with sliced banana as well.
its really hit the spot.
was thinking it would be nice with vanilla essence so it could be used as custard replacement on a green day.
thankyou for posting

last night I really needed something stodgy and I had not had my milk allowance. I heated up my milk with sweetner and added cous cous and almond extract, it was delicious with a spoonful of low sugar jam stirred through - stodgy and comforting just what I needed.

last night I really needed something stodgy and I had not had my milk allowance. I heated up my milk with sweetner and added cous cous and almond extract, it was delicious with a spoonful of low sugar jam stirred through - stodgy and comforting just what I needed.

great idea!

Definately going to try this, as I love semolina so hpe that I will love this. Think I am going to try adding some defrosted forest fruits to it when it's ready for some extra zing !

I had it this morning with bilberries & it was lovely, I didn't add any sweetner as I don't really find I need it in a morning. Will definately be eating this again :)

if you dont add the options is it free?? using the milk as part of your hex?? sorry am new to this

Hey don't apologise, you're with friends & can ask what you like :) Yes it is free, that's why I didn't put it in mine.
aww thanks
also i have looked online do you know how many syns vanilla extract is?? thought i might add it to the cous cous aswell

Just in case anyone is going to try this I'm pretty sure that polenta is no longer syn free.

Yep - just checked and it is now 5 syns for 28g.

Oooh eck, how annoying!! I was going to go and buy some tomorrow! How can they change it like that- it's sooooo unfair!!!X

I liked the sound of this............ i have had polenta loads in various recipes from old SW cookbooks.............. why suddenly is it now synned???

Think i am just going to keep believing its free! for years it was and hadnt caused any problems!

Back