Polyanna’s Diary.

Polyanna

Silver Member
This is the last time I start to slim, what I mean is I keep starting then messing up and then starting again a few pounds heavier, and this has been going on for years.
So it is the 1st May today and I am starting for the last time, I AM GOING TO STICK TO IT THIS TIME.
I weighed myself this morning and I was 13.9, my target for May is 1 stone. (I know this is doable as I have lost a stone in 3 weeks in one of my previous slimming campaigns)
All is going well so far today, I will report back tomorrow. :)

Hi Polyanna,

Good luck. I know 1 stone in a month is doable because I did it (although I was very surprised and had quite a lot more to lose than you) however it is a big challenge and many people don't lose that quickly. I am always a bit wary of people setting such high targets because if you don't manage that (or aren't on target mid month) it makes you feel disappointed in what you've achieved even if you've lost a reasonable amount (eg 6 or 7 lbs which would still make a big difference to you). Also, I don't know how old you are but your weight losses are often a bit slower as you get older so what you could do in the past isn't necessarily realistic now.

Obviously you must do what is right for you and some people thrive on a challenge, just be aware of how you might respond if you 'only' lost 2lb in the first week.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I hope it goes well and wish you the very best of luck.

Gail x

Hi Gail, Thanks for your reply and your concern, I decided on 14lbs to put pressure on myself that way works for me, you must bear in mind this is like my first week, I have been cheating lately so I know if I stick to it, it will come off. I have a very active lifestyle so hopefully I will be able to shift a stone in May, as long as it goes to plan I shall set my future months targets to 8lbs a month.

Polyanna’s Diary 2nd May

I weighed this morning and I was 13.6, 3lbs off overnight, that what happens which you stick to the meal plan after a very naughty 2 days of eating everything in sight.
So today was my hiking day, set off at 9am and got back to the car at 5pm, feeling very tired, lets hope the walk did me good, I wonder if you burn more calories by walking in the wind, I mean gale force winds, which makes it difficult to stand up in.

Good Luck Pollyana!

I am going to read your diary every day - I've only recently joined this board and therefore want to start at the beginning of somebody's journey rather than part way through it, I may even try to do one myself although I am doing a food diary! So I am party there ! :D

I have also set myself a target of 1 stone off in May, and am really trying to plan my weeks meals out carefully.

Best wishes
Dawn
x

Hi Dawn, Thanks your for your reply, I do hope my diary helps you and me. I try to get plenty of walking in each day, apart from walking is good for you, it gets you out of the kitchen and picking at food!! Good luck with your progress, I shall keep an eye on you as well.:)

Back