Polyols/Diabetic sweets/Sugar alcohols - yes or no??

boardwitless

Silver Member
Hello everyone, I've snuck over from CD - Having lost 3 1/2 stone on Cambridge, I'm now looking towards maintenance and the Atkins principle suits me as I have tried it before and was surprised at how it stopped any daft cravings. However, as with other diets in the past, I will be tempted to 'bend the rules' to the nth degree :whistle:(I'm the person who can eat a mixing bowl full of 'free' pasta or four packets of 'free' savoury rice on the Slimming World green plan, and wonder why I'm not losing weight) Cambridge has been ideal for me as it's virtually 'uncheatable' - even I couldn't find a way to get round THOSE rules, so I need to know the general consensus on the diabetic sweet/polyol issue before I start considering them fair game. For instance, I have brought some diabetic toffees from Boots at 5.1g of carbs per sweet, 0.1g is sugar and 5g polyols. I know they are a slow release type of carb but is it down to each individual as to whether they have an impact or not?
(I also know about the other side effects so will be eating them alone):whoopass:

Hi Board, I usually dont have any stalls with them, just (sorry for TMI) bad gas and sometimes a bit of diaherra. So I definitely eat them in moderation, maybe 1 atkins bar or sweet chocolate every 2 weeks if then.

Hi Board and welcome. :)

Back