Hi

yoyoy

I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm yoyoy - I don't know why I chose that name, but I used to yo-yo diet a lot, so perhaps my subconscious was trying to tell me something.

I've been overweight/obese since I was about 4 years old. I had tb in my knee and eye in 1957-8 and the treatment being quite new, the main things my parents were told was that children who put weight on and maintain it are tb free - so they kept me 'plump'. My weight went up with my age until I was 13 then it stabilised at 13 - 14 stone for a while. At my heaviest I was 19 stone. I've been dieting on and off for a long, long time.

I'm disabled with fibromyalgia and arthritis and, unsurprisingly, I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been since not long after the millennium. I went on a reduced calorie diet and lost weight - and settled my blood sugar - but put a lot of it back on when I started eating real food again.

My blood sugar was heading out of control in 2011 and I was threatened with going onto either more tablets or insulin. On researching on the internet I learnt about low-carbing. I lost weight down to 13.5 stone by 2012. Then my life changed. In 2013 we moved from Manchester to Kent to live with, and look after, my mother-in-law. As my hubby is my carer and his mother's I started eating the same as everyone else and my weight ballooned back up to just over 15 stone. I'm getting back on track with the low-carb as, of course, my blood sugar suffered too, and I got a telling off by the doctor. So I'm trying hard once again. It's sad really as my favourite food is the high fat/ protein foods of meat and cheese, it should be easy really.

Sorry if I've just bored the pants off you, but thanks for reading and hopefully I'll get to know you all soon.

yoyoy
(Ailz)

Back