Poo - very gross very TMI

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tinka, 14 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Tinka

Tinka CDC

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ok. First two weeks, very dark, small amounts, probably once every 2-3 days.

This week, I have sampled the delights of psyllium husks and bars and well things have gone very wrong in the poo department, here is the gross bit prepare.... virtually every time I go to the loo I do what can only be described as a spluttery foof noise, and what comes out is like a light tan coloured small blob of slimey mucousy gloop. SORRY. :ashamed0005:
    Really... is that anywhere near bloomin normal? What is causing it, the husks or the bars???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    :) lovely! hahahahahha.

I have been so flipping constipated on CD. My cdc told me to take senekot which helped a bit but never restores me properly. I had to take some last night as I hadn't had any for over 10days. Of course it didn't work till half way through my band practice this afternoon. I had to run 3 times......like diarrhea!!!!!! I dunno, the things we put up with.

I haven't used the husks so can't help there. I was constipated even in the first few weeks and I didn't start the bars til lafter 4 weeks x

4. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    sadly this happens to me :ashamed0005: every time i go to the loo i have a little puff from my bum that results in a mucus tan colour stuff .. i do take psyllium husks capsules and have bars ... but i think it's no connection to them two things as this happened when i jus had the shakes - i feel fine and normal i guess this is a diet side effect ??
    i know i't's not nice you ... very :ashamed0005: if you can't even trust a pop now - but i am sure once we are eatting things will sort themselfs out x

5. Tinka

Tinka CDC

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ha ha, thank God! I was really starting to get concerned that I am not normal, what with everyone else seeming to be constipated. lol

6. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    Husks, sounds like to me. Get the same thing myself when indulging.

If its not causing you a problem (other than the ewww aspect) and you are regular then don't worry about it.

7. Laila

Laila Losing is the ONLY option

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hehe funny post :p but I know what you mean. after the first two weeks I had one day I was on the toilet nearly every hour, and it was exactly how you described it. I havn't had any husks but I think it is bodies way of cleaning out the rubbish that was in the intestine, I am no doc/nurse but that was the only way I could explain it, that my body was detoxing.

8. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    I had that a while ago, it went away after a couple of weeks. Now I'm constipated, but after taking senna for a few days, it seems to have cleared up somewhat. As long as you aren't in pain, don't be too concerned about it

9. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It will settle, changes in diet can play havoc with your system, where messing with carbs can make you moody messing with fibre causes digestive problems. Give it a week and you should be settled. :)

10. tryer

tryer Silver Member

i think it's the husk,
    if you think about it, there is not much bulk(ruffage), in the diet.
    the husks create that bulk..... but also think there is a lot of water in the diet.
    experiment... put some husk in a glass of water.... will become gloopy....
    that is just the same what is happening in our bodies...

see it as a good thing that everything is getting processed and coming out.

just what nature intended.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.