poor losses half way in 1st week

Sez

has started again!!
Any help appreciated...

Started CD on Tues. Had my water, no cheating. Mon pm my weight was15st 3lb, last night it was 15st 1lb. I confess I cried and cried. I came so close to that biscuit tin....

I am def in ketosis (pink stick, freezing cold!) When I did LL I lost 11lb my first week.

Any advice please? I am starting to think I wont be able to lose weight again, if I cant do it on 500cals a day........

So 2 lb loss , well next week i guess you will lose alot ! just hang in there ok !

i know this might sound strange but have u tried weighing urself first thing in the morning?
Come 7pm at night i have downed 4 litres of water and can sometimes be 5 or 6lbs heavier than i was in the morning! So im always gonna weigh myself in the morning as i took my starting weight in the morning and i like seeing all the lbs come off--even if by 7pm i've put them back on!!
maybe this might make a little difference. if not, just stick at it anyway, this diet does work, and u will lose the weight!! x

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling very motivated with weight loss for your first half of the week hopefully by the end of the week you will see a better loss :)

I never go by the evening weight there is so much fluctuations during the day for water etc, try monitoring your morning weight its the most acurate.

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like you're havin the same problem as me. I've just lost 3 lb in my first week and like you said i spent most of the week crying!!!! I didn't lose any weight at all in the first few days, i just couldn't believe it!!!! (see my post -disaterous 1st week weigh in) When i saw my CDC she too was really surprised and after consulting another counsellor she told me to go to 4 packs a day, saying that the 3 packs wasn't providing enough calories for me and that i needed the extra one which would allow my body to start giving up the weight. I too was in ketosis really early on and have stayed in it every day. Don't lose heart, i'm feelin more positive now and am thinking that even 1/2 lb a day is a stone a month - not bad!!!! Keep your chin up hun - i'm there with u and who knows next week we could be over the moon with a bigger weight loss. It's got to work just keep telling yourself that cos that's what i'm doing.
Much luv and hugs

Sharon x x x

Don't despair. You are only half way thorugh the week. The body is a complex and frankly wierd contraption, it will lose weight at it's own speed, you could go for days without losing anything then all of a sudden, hey presto!

You're doing brilliant and you're doing everything right. Stick to it and keep drinking the water. Leave the scales alone for a few days and see how things are at the end of the first week, it will be a nice surprise.

Thanks everyone. Will keep it up as there is no alternative, other than be a blob for the rest of my days!!

Stick still very very pink, but oh boy, I am so very hungry. Not just in my head either, but tummy rumbles & discomfort too. More advice guys????

Thanks everyone. Will keep it up as there is no alternative, other than be a blob for the rest of my days!!

Stick still very very pink, but oh boy, I am so very hungry. Not just in my head either, but tummy rumbles & discomfort too. More advice guys????

Hi Sez,

To help with the tummy rumbles divide your packs into mini meals and have them through out the day.

You might be constipated ?

Sip some warm water and if you think you are constipated take something for it, CD recommend Senokot.

I can understand your frustration at the scales not moving as fast as you would like, but if you are doing SSing you know it will come off.

As LISACDVIRGIN said...try weighing yourself first thing in the morning.

If the scales are getting to you, best not to weigh at all and leave it for weigh in day with your CDC.

Love Mini xxx

Love Mini xxx

You might be constipated ?

Possibly so as not "been" since Tuesday. Will try warm water, thanks for tip.

xx

it is hard but try not to weigh urself till weighin u get a better surprise but if u have too do it first thing in morning after uve been to toilet like lisas said all the water ur weight will be higher in the evening good luck for weighin let us know how it went xx

Back